How long for eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Cal

Reaction score
Hi there

I am quite new to eyelash extensions but they are proving to be extremely popular and I am really pleased with the treatments so far.

I went to do a waxing course at a beauty college in Liverpool last week and the trainer was asking me what other treatments I offerred as she trained in a number of areas. When I mentioned semi permanent eyelashes she asked how long I took to do a fullset..which is about 2hours - 2.15 hours. She seemed shocked and said no girls in Liverpool ( though I dont live in Liverpool I live on the wirral) woiuld sit for 2 hours and really I should aim to be doing them in an hour!!!!

what does everyone think???? how long does it take you all???????

worried now

xxx

Don't worry hun, it used to take me a few hours at first, but I just kept doing them and speed will come with time.

I can do it in an hour now sometimes less if I use Y-lashes (but i dont like these very much - too heavy) but it soon becomes second nature.

One thing I will say is DONT rush yourself!!! Just keep making sure you do your best at every set and your time will come down naturally. I always aim for an hour but if it takes longer it takes longer, I'd rather have a set of fab looking lashes that took me 1.5 hours than a less than adequate set that took an hour! :hug:

The people that advertise that they can do a full set in 1 hr are either throwing them on so they are not fitted correctly and safely,
or they are duping the client and only applying around 35 lashes per eye, which is more of a demi set,
explain to your clients if they question your timing that it takes you this amount of time because you want to do a nice neat job and get plenty of lashes in there for them,

i have just put a pic in my album (black & purple) and that set took me nearly 3 hrs (she was a fidgeter lol)

I totally agree with Loubylou. I consider nothing less than 60 lashes per eye a full set (unless, of course, they don't have that many natural lashes). It takes me close to 2 hours to do this...sometimes less, and on some ladies with more difficult lashes, a little longer. I personally feel that 35 lashes per eye looks like they need a fill, but I can do it in about an hour.

How many lashes are you getting on in 2 hours Creative Cal? Are you using a fast drying adhesive? That will really cut your time down.

I have to say that I have never had anyone complain about the time. Even when I first started out and it took me 3.5 hours to get 28 LPE, we chatted and it was fine. I have had my lashes done and it took 2 hours and I have to say it didn't seem that long to me.

Just make sure you do clean, neat work with no stickies and you will have people coming back for more.

Last edited:
hi there i done my training with lash perfect i take over two hours as well i love doing them but preparoing the eye takes time especially having to pin half eyelashes back this is so fidgety and drives me mad. do all companys train you to this or just lash perfect anyone any tips how to get it first time lol

Interesting thread. I have been doing lashes for about 6 months and I can do a set in an hour. IMO it depends on the client, the younger they are the more abundant their lashes are and the isolation takes a lot of time, being at the other end of the age bracket my clients are older (some) and their lashes sparse and so there is little to use hence less time. what i would like to know is how do you create abundant lashes on the sparse lashes? Tell me off but after about an hour of applying i go back over and add thinner, shorter infills on the ones I have just put on. Never had an un-happy client, but they do re-visit within 3 weeks for an infill. Its so addictive, i have them myself.

I am looking for a fast drying black glue if anyone can recommend. my trainer has switched and its like water!

Lisa

I have been doing them for about a year now and find that my time varies between 1 hour to 2 hours depending on the clients existing lashes. some days i seem to speed through them, other days i dont....

I dont think you need to worry, you'll get faster and so far your clients have been happy to lie down for that length of time, so, take your time, do it right and dont let it worry you too much.

Take yout time and build up your speed, confidence and quality as you go.
Everyone takes longer at first all the techs I know have started at 2 hrs per set and they have clients in liverpool. We still do an fully loaded set which takes 1he 45 mins and the young girls love this set

So keep your nerve , you will be fine xx

Interesting thread. I have been doing lashes for about 6 months and I can do a set in an hour. IMO it depends on the client, the younger they are the more abundant their lashes are and the isolation takes a lot of time, being at the other end of the age bracket my clients are older (some) and their lashes sparse and so there is little to use hence less time. what i would like to know is how do you create abundant lashes on the sparse lashes? Tell me off but after about an hour of applying i go back over and add thinner, shorter infills on the ones I have just put on. Never had an un-happy client, but they do re-visit within 3 weeks for an infill. Its so addictive, i have them myself.

I am looking for a fast drying black glue if anyone can recommend. my trainer has switched and its like water!

Lisa

Lisa - lash out lashes -flash lash is fab and will be avaiable in the uk soon

I use 'The eyelash emporium' glue. I was recommended this glue by a friend who also does eyelash extension, I have been using it for a year now and have been very happy with all aspects of it. This glue comes in different strengths and drying times.

I take up to 2 hours for a full set. Get about 35 lashes on in an hour. I like glam lash glue. tried marvel and it is to globby and the eyelash emporium glue also but I think it is a slower drying one and I find it take too long for me.

Latest posts

Back