How many actually use the Social Groups??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Social Groups, im always looking in them, and I ask questions and they always get answered, and I have picked up a few helpful tips in them too.

Sue x

Last edited:
Sadly one can't please all of the people all of the time.

Some get a little tired of PopIts and Minx threads ... some get tired of the 'same old' questions and forget all about the fact that they themselves asked these same questions when they were starting out. :) It is all part of what we do on a teaching site.

I of course am not suggesting that everyone run off to the social groups and I'm sure they won't :green: But they will find interesting discussions there too on specific products (if those social groups are covered by someone willing to give it the time it takes). Which will make the social groups a more lively place to look at.

Social groups are a great addition to the site and I want to encourage people to use them AS WELL as continuing to use the main forums of course.

I am going to start to post PopIt Classes in the PopIt forum on a regular basis to help those who have their b ox of PopIts stuck in the back of a drawer somewhere because they don't know how to use them. So check that out all who are interested and I invite you to join my PopIt Power social group.

I don't use the social groups that much as they don't work that well on my phone which I mostly use to view the site.
Posted via Mobile Device

"some get a little tired of PopIts and Minx threads ... some get tired of the 'same old' questions and forget all about the fact that they themselves asked these same questions when they were starting out."

this is what i was getting at! lol i ramble and dont get my point across clearly! … anyway very valid point and totally understandable for those of you who've been answering the same questions for years, for those that are so cut and dry i think "do a search!" is a totally acceptable answer! id just hate to see anyone miss out on some great information just because the question wasnt asked at the right time (or wasnt seen):)
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after reading this thread i found out about them . It took me some time to figure out where the different socialgroups were found but after clicking almoste every button in the top tab i finally found it.
I will be using it more in the future and who knows start one of my own :green:

Well after reading this thread i found out about them . It took me some time to figure out where the different socialgroups were found but after clicking almoste every button in the top tab i finally found it.
I will be using it more in the future and who knows start one of my own :green:

You can also find the Social Groups easily if you look at your user control panel and they are listed on the left hand side of the page.

You can also find the Social Groups easily if you look at your user control panel and they are listed on the left hand side of the page.

Thx for the tip

I started a Bio Sculpture group, back when the Social Groups were new and it has been very successful for us Bio Techs....we've swapped many hints, tips and news re new products etc on there, and given a 'place' where we can keep a lot of Bio info & pics together.....easy for new Bio techs to find.

As a group owner I can send invites to the group and often do so if I see a new tech crop up in the boards. I think its a great way to 'commuicate' info around a specific group of users without clogging up the boards....

Cant agree more. I generally post a question/query or ask for info on the social group first, but, because you all dont use it enough, I dont get an answer! I then put it on the main one and get a reply within the hour! Please... use your social sites first for that particular product or type, then try the main one. I guess if we dont use the social groups, we could end up losing them.

I don't use them but I will check them out now.

I think if they were just forums, such as Tanning Forum, Waxing Forum etc etc, I would use them.

I don't use them but I will check them out now.

I think if they were just forums, such as Tanning Forum, Waxing Forum etc etc, I would use them.

You can start your own Social Group Kimmi. The Wax Queen's Royal Court!! :hug:

Is there some way we can get notifications when someone replies to a post in the social groups? Or comments on a photo?

Is there some way we can get notifications when someone replies to a post in the social groups? Or comments on a photo?

You do get notification if someone comments on a photo even if it is a photo in the social groups.

Ive started one for Dermalogica.

I think they are a really good idea as you can have everything in one place and then the topics won't get lost as easily as they would in the main forum.

I always look at the ones of interst to me,mainly the gel groups,and CND and natural nail care,sometimes i go there first if i need to pose a question or look for an answer.

I think some new people who join are still not aware though,and that is a shame.

I tended to forget about the social groups until I realised there was a book lovers group the other week...and I'm off there shortly to post...

I pop into the other groups that interest me to find out the new info etc like on the CND and Minx groups...but I don't post...I just read and gather the info :lol:

The groups certainly have their place on Geek and we just need to try and remember they are there...they should be part of our geek experience....xxx

Well I started one, but what the hell I'm gonna do with it I don't know :)

I still don't quite get them; but then I don't get blogs either, so it just me I guess.

I think it would be a good idea to 'encourage' brands that are always being discussed, to start a social group. That way, it would avoid bad feeling and boredom for the other users. You know how we have the 'voice inside says blog it' message, maybe the mods could post a 'this thread would make a great social group' message.

My only concern is that we would never interact with anyone other than the people in that group. xxx

I think it would be a good idea to 'encourage' brands that are always being discussed, to start a social group. That way, it would avoid bad feeling and boredom for the other users. You know how we have the 'voice inside says blog it' message, maybe the mods could post a 'this thread would make a great social group' message.

Since the launch of Nfu.Oh in the UK we've found the Nfu.Oh Lovers Social Group to be a great way of "connecting" with technicians using the brand - or looking for information on the brand.

The Affiniti team can't take the credit for starting the group though as Hazel Dixon had it up and running before we had launched!

In my opinion the groups do help to prevent log jams in the forums and I think they give technicians a platform to express their point of view in matters that perhaps the wider audience wouldn't be so interested in.

I don't think it has to necessarily be the brands that launch or run the social groups - in fact I think having technicians or therapists starting groups illustrates just how important certain brands are to their working lives.

My only concern is that we would never interact with anyone other than the people in that group. xxx

The only down side (in my opinion) to the Social groups is that - to my knowledge - the information contained within them isn't searchable. Having a search facility (from the main forum/home area) which throws up information from the Social Groups may lead more people to them, and in time increase the numbers using them?

All in all I think they are a greatly under-used resource.

Derek

Last edited:
Well I started one, but what the hell I'm gonna do with it I don't know :)

I still don't quite get them; but then I don't get blogs either, so it just me I guess.

Well, I've joined :D and I would love to see you post about things like, whether Perron Rigot will be at certain exhibitions, if there is any new products, or training to know about.

Likewise, I will happily use it to pose questions to others on the best product usage....I've learnt loads on here aboutb ti, but had to search everywhere....the social groups can be almost like a product fact file!

Wasn't sure about the etiquette here, whether to start a new thread or not. But, why not just have more sub-forums rather than everything scattered in social groups?

I'm alot of things: OPI lover, natural nail tech, wax geek, skin geek, l&p geek, reflexologist, nail art lover, American, male, etc. It would be easier for me to browse all the categories, if there is a serious need to separate everything.

I'm just trying to understand, what do you (the powers that be) want on the main nail-geek forum? No questions about art, no questions about minx, no questions about pop-its. Than what? Just trouble-shooting P&W's?

Don't mean to be rude, just seeking understanding.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back