How many Nail Desks have you had since you started?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
I am on my second now and I have ruined it again.

I am gutted.

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove nail glue without having to scratch the station?

I am wondering whether to put pads on the blotches with tinfoil on top.... :|

I use alittle place matt by the side of me to stop product getting on the table does it not come off with acetone or is your table painted??

I use alittle place matt by the side of me to stop product getting on the table does it not come off with acetone or is your table painted??

ooh thats a good idea hun, will get place mat next time im in matalan or instore, great idea xxxx

My friend has a really nice big square plate in black that looks nice and modern xx Glad i could help xx

I am on my second now and I have ruined it again.

I am gutted.

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove nail glue without having to scratch the station?

I am wondering whether to put pads on the blotches with tinfoil on top.... :|

I used to do mine at the dining table (from home) which is glass (gross I know) and have exactly the same problem.

Got all the polish off though from the 5 year old budding nail artist in the family:green: .

Teri x:hug:

I use a glass pan stand or little glass chopping board, got them from the £1 shop not being tight but thought they were a good idea to protect my desk at home.

Ju xxx

i gotr a raly nice black one with purple flowers and things from instore for 1 pound its loverly ...my cliets kepp commenting on it...i use it to put all my powders and things on...also have a little metal caddy for files and things...

I use squares of alfoil under my brush wipes to stop residue getting on the table then when use done you can wrap the rubbish in the foil and it also helps reduce the smell.

my current desks i have had for 12 years, they are solid glass (including legs), Ikea is cool for starters, (then you can have a desk like everyone else), but eventually you have to upgrade. Laminate just doesn't cut the mustard for longevity.

I've had 4 desk since I've started doing nails 19+ years ago.....and it's because I was in 4 different locations....:confused: ....glass topped tables are the best I find.....also as said a place-mat /tray where you have your products sitting also saves the top......and makes for easy cleanup.....currently I have a wooden table with a glass top over it ......( hubby made my desk) ....

I have had 2....both from Ikea and both no more than £40...so if i want a new one every six months i can. But now i put a glass worktop saver (tesco..£3-ish) on and its protected the table top loads. x

I still use my original one which cost about £100 but is both lightweight, foldable (used to do mobile but now I work from home and it's great to be able to stash it away at the weekends etc), and very sturdy. It also has a lipped edge so stuff won't roll off. I love it. There are a couple of dobs of glue on it from the early days but I cover it with a towel anyway.

I'm on my second.

....home made. It's the Ikea legs with a wooden top that has been completely covered in large tiles (5 across) ... fitted the table perfectly (looks like a marble top) and absolutely anything can be spilled on it without ruining it. Best table top for me !!

I firstly bought a peanut shaped tabled from Ikea but wasn't too keen on it as I had no storage etc.

I then bought a "proper" nail desk off ebay which is fab as it is really sturdy and has shelves on one side for towels etc, and on the other side a pull out drawer for all my mani/pedi/airbrush paints. This one cost me £50 and has a glass top.

Whatever desk you have, if it is not glass, get a piece of safety glass cut to fit the top of it.

Anything you spill after that can be removed so easily with a razor scraper and it looks like new again.

I've never had a desk that did not have a glass top.

My first desk was 25.00 from MFI with a safety-glass top cut to fit over the wood. Very handy for putting a price list or family photos or after care advise between the glass and the desk ... gives the client something to look at.

Since those early days, I have always had custom made desks with extraction ventillation fitted.

I'm currently on my second one, it's laminated so i use a rubery mat (the kind you use for drawers), it does not dissolve in acetone so it great, but when it look worn out i cut a new piece.

I'm currently on my second one, it's laminated so i use a rubery mat (the kind you use for drawers), it does not dissolve in acetone so it great, but when it look worn out i cut a new piece.

How do you sanitise it between clients?

With glass, you just spray with sanitiser and wipe over or use a disinfectant wipe !!! SO much easier. I can't imagine using anything other than glass. I like things to be easy, clean and efficient timewise and moneywise. The desk is imaculate for every client witout me having to move a muscle to shake out mats or towels or to replace them.

Whatever desk you have, if it is not glass, get a piece of safety glass cut to fit the top of it.

Anything you spill after that can be removed so easily with a razor scraper and it looks like new again.

I've never had a desk that did not have a glass top.

My first desk was 25.00 from MFI with a safety-glass top cut to fit over the wood. Very handy for putting a price list or family photos or after care advise between the glass and the desk ... gives the client something to look at.

Since those early days, I have always had custom made desks with extraction ventillation fitted.

wish I had asked a similar question at the beginning... am going to do my best to remove stains/glue and then get a glass safety top. They are replaceable at small cost.. but a nail desk isn't cheap.

How do you sanitise it between clients?

With glass, you just spray with sanitiser and wipe over or use a disinfectant wipe !!! SO much easier. I can't imagine using anything other than glass. I like things to be easy, clean and efficient timewise and moneywise. The desk is imaculate for every client witout me having to move a muscle to shake out mats or towels or to replace them.

very interesting,
do you mean you have no towels or anything on your desk?
if so, are the clients comfortable, or do you mean that you just dont work over a towel?

i work over the extractor grill thingy, and dont spill anything, so i have never had the need for a bit of glass or something to protect my desk, but do have towels for my clients arms to rest on,
but am very interested in having a whole glass top to my desk

very interesting,
do you mean you have no towels or anything on your desk?
if so, are the clients comfortable, or do you mean that you just dont work over a towel?

i work over the extractor grill thingy, and dont spill anything, so i have never had the need for a bit of glass or something to protect my desk, but do have towels for my clients arms to rest on,
but am very interested in having a whole glass top to my desk

I have a sanitiseable arm rest and place a pape towel over it, and i do not work over a towel. I haVE OVERHEAD extraction (and always have had ).

Latest posts

Back