How many of you still offer a polish manicure ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
Services with standard polish. I love And use gelish with a passion and hate it when people ask for standard polish. I think it's just annoying when within seconds of finished they knock there nails 😢
I'm seriously thinking of not offering them anymore and just offering gelish manicures and pedicures

I still offer traditional manicures

Services with standard polish. I love And use gelish with a passion and hate it when people ask for standard polish. I think it's just annoying when within seconds of finished they knock there nails 😢
I'm seriously thinking of not offering them anymore and just offering gelish manicures and pedicures

I should add I don't take many booking for them but the ones I do my heart sinks

Services with standard polish. I love And use gelish with a passion and hate it when people ask for standard polish. I think it's just annoying when within seconds of finished they knock there nails ��

I do Gelish and Shellac, and Gelish is still my favourite!

But.......
I also offer O.P.I Manicures.... It is a beautiful polish, and drys quick and tough!

me to i make alot from a standard polish !! i do alot of holiday makers they love a bargin polish !!

I still have a fair few ask for standard polish and i personally will carry on using both.
X

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I don't offer it now. Haven't had a request for normal polish in months and the few i had before that were soon happy to swap for gel polish when they heard the benefits

I still offer normal mani's & pedi's. Ive done loads of pedi's lately :)

When I changed from salon based to mobile I thought about this. My mum convinced me to keep my standard polish on my treatment list but I think I've done one pedicure with traditional polish since April. Everyone opts for Shellac

I think it depends where you work from. I was working from home up until very recently and in the 2-3 years i think i did about 3 manicures with regular polish .

In my first month renting a table i've done easily 40 manicures with regular polish ... depends on your market.

It's not something i would get rid of personally you have nothing to gain from removing it form your service list , yet you may loose a customer who just doesn't want the more permeant gel polishes

I still offer regular polish manis/pedis and still get requests for them too. I use Shellac and Bio Sculpture. Nail polishes are still requested and a great retail item to your clients! If you dont want to stock loads of different colours stock ones close to your gel polish shades, for clients that want to match their toes to their nails but dont want gel on both x

personally I think its strange how some techs consider removing services from their menu because they dont enjoy doing them or dont like it themselves. Its not about what we like, its about what the customers like!! I share your views in one respect though, I personally wouldnt want just a normal polish on my natural nails now, it would be Shellac every time, although I still do plenty of polish over acrylics.

It really is down to the client. I've noticed some are more than happy to switch to these up to 2 weeks manicures, while others would rather stick to traditional polish. And to be honest, not everyone is suited for them. Some people prefer not having to come in to remove these off their nails, or they change colours every week anyway so it wouldn't matter if their regular polish dings or chips.

I do like shellac and gel polishes as I wear them myself, and I think they're great for nail techs cuz now we don't have to fear rubbing off our nail colour while we work, but a part of me still loves just traditional polish. It's nice to be able to do a mix of treatment because I get bored doing the same treatment over and over.

I am in the process of adjusting my leaflets and website to say that paint manicures/pedicures have a limited polish choice.

I no longer intend to carry the wide range of polish colours that I have done previously.

For the three or four paint manis we do in a year the stock tied up in polishes is 'dead money' for me.

I haven't offered services with normal polish for years now... I'm fully booked for 2mths in advance with regular Biosculpture clients, so for the occasional request I do get, its not worth keeping a range of products in stock .. or offering a lower priced service that takes me a similar amount of time to carry out, and is something I don't particularly enjoy.

I don't see why it is a problem for therapists to choose not to offer certain treatments just because we don't like them, or because it suits us not to do them... We can't possibly offer EVERY service anyway, so we have to draw the line somewhere, and if we enjoy a particular treatment - I feel we probably perform those services well, and enjoy our jobs more. :)))

Thank you for your replies. I was also asking as 99% of my clients come for gelish and 6 of the clients that I've had this year that wanted standard polish all but 2 have moved over to gelish and the other 2 were not regulars and were just having a one off treatment. So really I've no booking for this service anyway ATM

For the three or four paint manis we do in a year the stock tied up in polishes is 'dead money' for me.[/QUOTE]

That is the problem isn't it, perfectly good products sitting there not being used. It's a tricky one x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

You also need to take into account, that some people are allergic to gels. So Gelish may be no good for them. So offering a wider range can be a good thing.

We still do quite a few clients with standard polish manis/pedis so stock a wide range of polishes and will continue to as we still get a lot of requests for this. We do find quite a few enhancement clients will finish off their nails with a gellux top coat though x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I will always still offer standard manicures.In our area we have a lot of wealthy clientele who come in weekly for a standard manicure. They like the whole experience and also some elderly clients don't like change. :D

I enjoy standard manicures and pedicures but I enjoy doing gel polish as well. I think there's definitely a market for both.My worry would be, even if all of my clients wanted gel polish, that should I get rid of standard manicures, I may get someone who may want one and I want to be able to offer what my clients want and what I am trained in. In our area there are plenty of folks who still want standard polish. Besides I have too many polishes to stop using them.

Latest posts

Back