How many sets of eyelash extensions did it take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyballybee

Reaction score
How many sets of eyelash extensions did it take to become good?

Just trained in this and I'm having feelings of panic. Only done half a set on training day and trainer said I'd done well, but I'm a perfectionist and don't want to do clients until I great at it.

Was really looking to be able start client in December, I'm I being unrealistic?

Do you eventually become ambidextrous?

xx

Just trained in this and I'm having feelings of panic. Only done half a set on training day and trainer said I'd done well, but I'm a perfectionist and don't want to do clients until I great at it.

Was really looking to be able start client in December, I'm I being unrealistic?

xx

Hi

Get as much practice in as you can. I started off doing friends and family - on average about 4 sets per week. Did this for 2 months then went public, so yes, your goal is realistic providing you put the initial practice in!

It definitely gets easier and you will get faster and better the more you do. For the record I started off wondering what I let myself in ofr, but now it is my favourite treatment to do!

Good luck!:hug:

I trained nearly 3 weeks ago. I've done 2 and a half sets. I have seen improvement at each set. I'm doing another set this weekend.

I would love to do a set everyday to practice but i work full time and I'm struggling to fit in the time when my friends are free.
Posted via Mobile Device

lots of practice, its only in the last few months i can say i love the lashes i do. I have only been using the faux mink recently as it makes me faster as they are on strips and its easier to pick them off the strip you do get less than in the pots but i find it easier.

lots of practice, its only in the last few months i can say i love the lashes i do. I have only been using the faux mink recently as it makes me faster as they are on strips and its easier to pick them off the strip you do get less than in the pots but i find it easier.

Can I just ask why you say how great Flirties are on other posts but don't actually use lashes that they sell? Do you work for them or get some kind of commission for saying how great the brand is ?

Its the same with everything.... whether you do nails, hair or beauty...the more practice you get the quicker and more confident you get the better you will get. It takes a lot of practice and especially eye lash extensions are very fiddly and need a lot of practice to get quick.
Dont get disheartened, most of the students are ready to throw the towel when they first start and you think you never get the hang of it and then only a few days or weeks (depending on how much you put into it) later you cant imagine being without it.

We have trainers and therapists that thought they would never manage and now they are absolutely addicted and cant get enough of applying eyelash extensions....

In my opinion its a love/hate relationship....either you can't get on with it or you absolutely get addicted and cant get enough of it!

Just keep praciticing to find out which one you are ;o))))

Strangely some therapists don't seem to be that addicted to applying lashes that they promote on here, out there in the real world, which is confusing for some of us deciding which brand to go for lol

Im not promoting anything I use alot of flirties stuff and as soon as flirties make the lashes on a strip i will change onto them! in my response I never once promoted flirties i was talking about eyelash extensions in general i suggest you re-read my response before making remarks.

I dont work for them i have just had nothing but excellent customer service from the office, the trainers and the products, the glue is fab and the training was good too.

I am not doing anything wrong by using different lashes along with the flirties lashes, there is nothing stopping me purchasing them elsewhere and still performing a flirties service just like i could buy my tweezers from somewhere else would that not make me a flirties tech? if you havent got a response to the posters question then why make a point of quoting my reply with a response that clearly shows you didnt read it properly anyway!?

Last edited:
Practice, practice, practice! Get a cheap pair of strip lashes and stick it to a mannequin head, soda bottle or even a piece of paper and practice on that. When you are comfortable with your isolation, switch to a faster glue...It is so much easier and you will have less chance for stickies, which can be very frustrating and time consuming.

I'm sorry but on most threads that are about eyelash extensions you seem to be plugging Flirties A LOT but then you use lashes that they don't sell. Maybe you should read what you write before you post it. As you definately said you have only been using the faux minx recently, nothing about using them along side Flirties.

i am in no way promoting flirties. I am a flirties tech, maybe when you have the experience of applying lashes and buying supplies you will see where MOST of the lash techs are coming from, If you were genuinly interested i could take you through my kit and show you that 99.9% of my kit is flirties, I could show you the lashes and give you any information on lashes in general. :)

I think I'll go and get some experience in the real world. it can get quite heated on here in the computer world when you say something someone doesn't agree with. Not really my thing :(

Practice, practice, practice! Get a cheap pair of strip lashes and stick it to a mannequin head, soda bottle or even a piece of paper and practice on that. When you are comfortable with your isolation, switch to a faster glue...It is so much easier and you will have less chance for stickies, which can be very frustrating and time consuming.
Where would I get a mannequin head? That sounds like a great idea.

Also, looking at some lash pictues and see some lashes look really glossy. How do you get this look?

Thanks for everyone's help xx

Where would I get a mannequin head? That sounds like a great idea.

Also, looking at some lash pictues and see some lashes look really glossy. How do you get this look?

Thanks for everyone's help xx

Wow products sell them. :)

mink lashes are super glossy, im almost scared to post on here now! mannequin heads from wow! x

Well in the real world many therapists are trained with one brand as that's the initial one they have chosen after doing research..they are trained and then set about gaining experience through usage.

The next natural phase is to start experimenting with different products from different brands and then picking the best from each brand or in some cases completly switching...its simply quiet normal.

This applies to all treatments therapists offer from waxing,spray tanning,eyelash extensions,nails ,hair and so on.

It is possibly this natural transient nature that keeps us manufacturers on our toes ever developing new additions to our range so as to keep customers interested in us as well as of course allowing you the therapist to offer these new products to your customers in turn.

Oh and just for the record therapy4u... Kelshah doesnt work for wow and neither does she derive any commercial benifit from commenting on the product brand she as a therapist has descided to use....just like all the other peeps who use all the different brands out there do.

HTH :hug:

Last edited:

xx

Every therapist is different and we all learn at different speeds,
if you are not used to using both hands to do something with then it will take you a little longer than it would take someone who is used to using both hands to perform a task,
this is something that you can put into practise simply in every day life (not writing or cooking though)
when ever you are doing something that you would normally use your dominant hand to do try to do it with your non dominant hand too,
this will get your brain used to your hand doing something it is not used to and it will help you lots,
to be ambidextrous you need to retrain your brain for your body to join in,
the advise of practising with strip lashes on a dummy head (or dolls head) is great if your finding it hard to find real models to practise,
try to practise every day, even if it is only for half an hour on a head, the more you practise the quicker you will pick it up,
i have to go now my client has come in but i hope this helps

I think I'll go and get some experience in the real world. it can get quite heated on here in the computer world when you say something someone doesn't agree with. Not really my thing :(

first of all how rude, :eek:
to burst into a thread and totally change the subject. Granted threads can go a little off topic now and again but to barge in like that and have a pop at some one is just plain rude.:rolleyes: Where are your manners? And secondly why not send a private message if it bugs you that much?
And as for things getting heated it seems the heat was coming from your end chick I mean how many times does kelshah have to repeat herself to you and you still dont seem to understand were she is coming from.

kelshah you post away chick I live in the real world and have found your answers in the past most helpful :hug:xx

first of all how rude, :eek:
to burst into a thread and totally change the subject. Granted threads can go a little off topic now and again but to barge in like that and have a pop at some one is just plain rude.:rolleyes: Where are your manners? And secondly why not send a private message if it bugs you that much?
And as for things getting heated it seems the heat was coming from your end chick I mean how many times does kelshah have to repeat herself to you and you still dont seem to understand were she is coming from.

kelshah you post away chick I live in the real world and have found your answers in the past most helpful :hug:xx

Hey there Lots of Lashes, so who did you train in lash extensions with??

Lots of Lashes - Lots of practice :)

Keep practicing and make sure its regular, sometimes if you don't do them for a while it takes a long time to get into a good rhythm. Also, I found that people who were interested in lashes were people don't necessarily have great natural lashes, ie short and straight, very fine or lashes that don't sit straight. Make sure you practice on these types of natural lashes.

At first doing a 2hour full set can be very tiring because your not relaxed, its hard to stay focused after an hour.

Try doing two one hour treatments. I found this helped me learn quicker. It also gave me the opportunity to review my work and correct my technique.

From my experience, don't practice with cheap glue because you end up clumping the lashes. A good glue is thin and will set fast.

I would recommend the new Nouveau or the Flirties glue.

Latest posts

Back