How much do you charge for a full set of nail extensions & why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much do you charge for a full set of nails & why?

• £0 - £10

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • £10 - £20

Votes: 39 8.2%
  • £20 - £30

Votes: 216 45.4%
  • £30 - £40

Votes: 165 34.7%
  • £40 +

Votes: 52 10.9%

• Total voters
i currently charge £25 for a full set. i was charging £15 while i was practising and mainly did friends and family at this price - everyone else questioned why i was so cheap - the few 'none family' clients i did gave me £20 anyway cos they were pleased with them! xx

Thank you everyone for the replys & votes so far, ive found it really interesting xxx

£25 natural nail ovelay
£20 infills
£35 tip and overlay

Thinking on putting my infil prices up to £25 shortly though ....maybe ?!:rolleyes: because it takes me as long sometimes longer than my natural nail overlay .

Amb x

I charge £30 for a full set forever french and £35+ for nails using mosaic and metro powders.

I think I am worth what I charge. Its what the majority of salons near me charge and I dont think I should charge less because I'm mobile.

xxx

I charge £175.00 per full-set... :Scared:am just kidding.... :smack:

sam, u bin on the vino again!!!!!!
£175 for a couple of hrs of spending time with u is well worth it lol!
xxx

Unfortunatly I don't set the price for the french done with tips, but I do for everything else.
I feel £20 is to low and the owner feels its to high, I am £8 cheeper than anyone else and I feel thats reflected in some of the clients I get.
However my sculpts are on an intreductory £25 and glitters are £30
art starts from 50p a nail. Mainly its kids for the art and I like to encorage them to come talk to me so that we can start of right about natural nail care.

I charge £30 for a full set of tips plus £5 extra for "french"

if you want to see my other prices and can view them on my website :)

I charge £25 for full set t&o natural, £30 for french.

Rebalance is £20 natural and £22 french

Glitter etc £10 per set on top.

I include one repair with rebalance, all others £3 each, or £5 if not in maintenance appointment.

I have only just put my prices up from £20/£25 because I resented working for that amount when everywhere else was charging more! I have seen a slump in custom over the past few weeks but that may be a coincidence? I would ideally like to charge £30 for natural and £35 for french but I dont know if I would get any clients willing to pay that in this area, I will have to research the local market, havent done that in a while

Good thread! x

i charge £25 for full set and then £18 for infills and backfills

This is an interesting thread, I see a very big spread of prices.. I'd love to input, but in truth our Dollar doesn't really relate..

I charge $100+ full set, sculpt, tip, BRiSA what ever is needed. But that would only relate to about 40 pound..

At the end of the day I can buy an espresso coffee for $3 or a nice car for about $6,000 so not sure how that relates for dollar value? lol

I charge between £55.00 an £60.00 for my enhancements, depending on the service.....
This is for the City of London.... the square mile.....

I am in Oz so do a bit of conversion her so i might be a bit out but for a full set of scultps $40 AU so about 17pound
Overlays $35 about 15 pound
Glitter sculpts $45 about 20 pound
Repairs $4.00 per nail about 1.50 pound

I work from home and a mobile service, just gettiung started so my prices are on the right side of being affordable with out being "cheap"

I charge as a promo, first set, 25$ Cdn funds. REg price, 35$ What that is in pounds or lero (or whatever it's called, I can't remember:o ) I have no clue.
I do UV gels.

Do you feel you are not good enough to charge the going rate?
Yes, I am good enough. I'm slow. Also, I work from home so am trying to get people's attention.

Are you still a student?
yes and no. I'm not a student. I have completed my dep and have a cert in UV Gels & also Gel Resins. Though, are we all continually students? I want to take my next course in acrylics.

Do you feel that as you are mobile or home based you can't charge as much as salons?
No, I dont feel that way at all.

Do you charge higher than the going rate as you feel you are the best in town?
No, I dont think that would happen (that I would charge more).

Working from home, I face the challenge of getting my name known which is extraordinarily difficult since I dont have a sign, I'm on a dead end street.. etc.. So, I do flyers with 'promo' pricing to get people's attention. I also use other methods of getting my name out there.. and it's working :)
I dont charge as much as I'd like for a couple of reasons:
- there are 4 discount-nss in our small town (in our town, they are one and the same) and I'm competing with their prices.
- I feel that everyone should afford to have nails. I got into this business quite by accident as I couldn't afford to get mine done at a salon at one point.. so started doing my own.. that was over 15yrs ago. I feel that any stay at home mom should be able to afford safe, attractive nail enhancements. Their only recourse shouldn't be the NSS which is my closest neighbor in pricing.

I do nails because I love them. Yes, I also love that I can make a living doing what I like. I'm passionate about them and read everything that I can. Try everything that crosses my mind.... or someone else's lol
I recently bumped my prices up a bit because I felt that I had started making a name for myself and I am starting to have a busy book.
ONce my book is 'full', then I will bump them up again. OR once the nss bumps their's up, then I"ll bump mine to just under them. Whichever comes first.
I want to make enough so that my hubby can leave his 2nd job and so we can finally get 'married' (as we're only common law right now, 8yrs)....
But, I dont need to be rich. lol who doesn't right?

I just have fun and love having fun.. my goal is to be a top nail artist.. I sooooooooooo love playing with different mediums and art....
We'll see what happens.
:green:

I charge AUD$35 - $40 (approx. £15 - £17) for full sets, and $50 (£22) for permanent french sculpts.

I feel I should be charging more, but in the shopping center alone we have about 5 NSS, and a few more techs located in hair salons (like me) - about 3 more, actually. I'm the cheapest in the area (by only about $5) but the salon I'm in is in a very bad location so not a lot of people know I'm there (even with advertising). :mad: We'll be moving in a few months so hopefully it'll be better after that.

VHunter said:
I charge as a promo, first set, 25$ Cdn funds. REg price, 35$ What that is in pounds or lero (or whatever it's called, I can't remember:o ) I have no clue.
$25.00 canadian dollars = £12.40 GBP
$35.00 Canadian dollars = £17.36 GBP

I charge £30 for a full set of uv gel nails and £20 for infills.
This is about average for my area (I think the NSS in town charges more though).
I am a mobile technician and some charge less than me but, as with all my prices, I didn't want to go too cheap - I think it gives the wrong impression and gets the wrong clients! IMO.
I also don't think you should charge less for being mobile, after all they don't even have to get up of their own chair!!! I see it as a bonus!
I think sometimes a few quid here and there does not matter to our clients as much as we think it does. I get a lot of clients from the nss coming to me, not because I am cheaper but because of the service I offer. I am mobile so I can fit in with them but more than that they all like to chat! Conversation isn't up to much in our nss - you get asked if you want white tips and thats it. They don't even ask what shape - let alone give you a consultation!
:D

My nail business is on hold for the time being because of my skin problems but I was charging £35 for tips and sculpts with French or colour. I'm better at sculpting and prefer it but feel the price is justified because it is a job requiring skill and labour as well as cost of equipment/stock etc....... I am mobile and work from home.

i charge 40€ for a full set of enhancement (tip and overlay), that's approx £28. the price reflects the general rate in the area I live in, basic mani's in the local salons are 10€ - £7 :eek:

i'm quite shocked at some of the cheap prices that are mentioned on this thread though...

I charge £35 for natural or pink overlay (with or without tips) and £40 for P&W. Rebalance is £25, thats for a 2 weekly app after that it goes to £30 then £35.

This is for L&P and Brisa

Latest posts

Back