How much do you charge for a full set of nail extensions & why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much do you charge for a full set of nails & why?

• £0 - £10

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • £10 - £20

Votes: 39 8.2%
  • £20 - £30

Votes: 216 45.4%
  • £30 - £40

Votes: 165 34.7%
  • £40 +

Votes: 52 10.9%

• Total voters

~shelley~

Reaction score
I Was just wondering how much everyone charges for a full set of Nail extensions & why?

This poll is open to everyone wherther they ae still learning or have been qualified for years!!! Just write a little explaination too.

Do you feel you are not good enough to charge the going rate?
Are you still a student?
Do you feel that as you are mobile or home based you can't charge as much as salons?
Do you charge higher than the going rate as you feel you are the best in town?

I am really interested to hear everyones views

It doesnt matter what sytem you use x

When I first started I charged 10, I thought I would be over-run with people wanting to get thier nails done for such a low price but I was sadly mistaken. I upped my price to 15 and now 20 but will soon be going to 25 when opening and then up to 30. I feel that having low prices has only worked against me and so has the whole "student price", thing written on any price list etc. IMHO, nobody wants thier nails done by an ameture, especially if your freelance because you have no name/backing behind you.x

Interesting poll hun...looking forward to seeing the replies!

My charges are around £25 for a full set of Bio Sculpture gel overlays with 50p per nail for sculpted enhancements, so £30 for a full set. I also charge on top for nail art, and repairs.

I know I could charge more, but am still building a client base, so am not pushing it too soon. Came across one salon (about 40 miles away) charging £60 for the same and I know my nails are just as good if not better! There are also a couple of NSS around that charge £25 for a full set, and a salon down the road that uses a cheaper product that charges £25.

I also go mobile and charge a mileage charge for that - I treat this as an extra service to my clients - not something that keeps the price down!! And I do packages for 'hands and feet' or 'nails and tans'.

I mainly do natural overlays and the prices start from £25 - £32 with extra for repairs and soaking off.

I charge £25 for P&W's and £20 for the infills/rebalance, one of my competitors charges less and another one more than me so I am right inbetween.

I charge more if they want l&p glitter tips or full l&p glitter nails, then it is £30 and £25 for the infill/rebalance.

I did a special offer when I first opened the salon and no one respected their nails at all as they were too cheap for them to care about....so never go too cheap!!

i charge from £25 for a full set, as i mobile i charge for petrol, as well.
my price were £15 for a full set in the begining but as some else has said not many clients want there nails doing by a beginner.

the salons around town charge from £40,

Wow fab thread.........

As this is not my main source of income i charge £20.00 L+P and half for infil/rebal.

For family and good friends i charge the same only every other infil/rebal is free and i don't charge them for repairs.(i say keep em sweet as word of mouth is the best form of advertising)

A word of advise don't charge too little.

Just a bit of useless info,prices in leeds start around £20.00 and i know for a fact one place charges £65.00(i would want em gold plated or done by the nail geek himself for that price lol)

HTH

X X X

I normally charge 25 but I am doing an introductory offer at the gym for march to try and get some customers, and I also have just trained in sculpting so its given me the chance to practise, for £10 and I am full!!!!

I charge £33 for a full set (tip & overlay), and £20 for a rebalance. My rebalance cost has just gone up from £15 because of the time involved - I underestimated that when I set up.

I'm mobile and my charges include petrol and I give all my new clients a pinky solar oil free with their first appt.

I'm certainly not the cheapest around, but neither am I the most expensive. I'm happy with my prices as they reflect the time and skill involved in the service.

HTH's

My salon charges £42.50, 26 for a rebalance and 20 for infills. This is the going rate in the area.

my salon charges 48 for sculpts and 40 for t and o, , more than the average salon , in town, but it expensive for hair too, but the clients are the higher end of spenders, and spend they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I charged £37 full set sculpted L&P, but client could have anything they wanted in the way of glitter/coloured tips or nail art. £19 Re-balance plus £3 extra for colour or glitters.

i charge from £40 to £50 for a full set depending on clear or french finish.
i charge £25 for infills + £2.00 extra for each broken nail replaced.
nail art Starts from £1.00 per nail.
i dont under price myself....other local salons charge £35 a set and after a few days theyre lifting and breaking.....

i have only been doing nails for 6months i rent a space in a salon and i charge 39.00 for a fullset of acrylic extentions.

lotus blossom said:
my salon charges 48 for sculpts and 40 for t and o, , more than the average salon , in town, but it expensive for hair too, but the clients are the higher end of spenders, and spend they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you tell us which area of the country you are in? your profile doesn't tell us, thanks

I charge £35 for a full set of pink & white L&P, £25 for a rebalance.
I am mobile at the moment, but don't think that's any reason to charge less that usual.

We charge £38 for sculptured nails, £40 for tips and overlays, £42 for Brisa gel, why? time! 1 hour no prob for experienced sculptors, 1 1/2 for tips. 1 1/2 for gel but also more expensive to do.

I charge £30.00 for clear natural nail overlay
£35.00 for french natural nail overlay
£40.00 for full set of tips clear
£45.00 for full set of tips permanent french
£45.00 for full set of sculpted permanent french.

£20.00 for infills (including repairs)

£27.50 for rebalance (including repairs)

I am not going to underprice my services because i have trained long and hard and feel my services are worth what I am charging. If people want cheap nails, they know where to go and it is not me!

I charge £29 for a set of Acrylic/Gel/Fibreglass enhancements. My Infill price is £15. A full pink and white rebalance is £20.

I try and keep my prices to suit the area I work in.

29.00 for a full set but sell oil for 3.00 20.00 for maintence 2 weeks 25.00 for 3

Latest posts

Back