How old are you? REALLY.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be 48 at the end of the year. Came out of a bad marriage which aged me 10 years. Met a younger man remarried and felt like I'd lost 20 years. Mid 40's have been best years of my life. I only feel about 30 on a good day.

I'm 30 and with expecting a baby in 3 months time I hope I feel grown up enough to be a mother when it arrives. 30 always sounded grown up but I'm not convinced you ever feel truly "grown up". Sometimes I worry I haven't done enough for my age but then I think about all the time I have to achieve more. Life is still one big mystery to me.

I totally agree! I'm 33, and not married, never have been, no children. Sometimes feel like I'm going to be left on the shelf and may as well surround myself with knitting and lots and lots of cats, and other times I try to convince myself that I've still got plenty of time for babies and stuff.
I always thought 30 was when you were supposed to stop going out, and settle down and now I can't see me ever stopping going out! I can still dance the socks off the youngens!! :biggrin: I too was a banker through my 20's, and now love my job, but wish I had done it years ago... Although I doubt I'd have been as confident then... Strange isn't it??

I'm 25 with 2 beautiful boys a 3 yr old and a 3 month old they make me feel really old some day and other when I'm down on the floor playing with them I feel like a kid again, I often get passed for a 16 yr old!!!

I'm 24 but will be 25 in a few weeks. I'm probably the happiest I've ever been. Teenage years were the worst and I wouldn't go back to them for a million pound! ;-)

Well i think my age changes depanding on circumstance and who im with but my body is definately telling me im 47 and i can feel the menopause starting to kick in... oh joy.
I actually am happy to be my age. So far i never feel i want to go back to a certain age.I certainly wouldnt want to be a teen again, but that will probably all change with a few more years.
I also think so

Im 26 and very aware that im rolling towards 30 at a rather alarming pace!

However, i must be doing something right as many people are shocked when i tell them how old i am, i think its because i always act like a teenager :)

I totally love this thread, i'm 31 but am quiet proud of the fact that noone believes me and thinks i'm early 20's :). As for acting my age it's never gonna happen.....my husband constantly tells me to stop acting like a 18 year old.......................NEVER!!!!

I totally love this thread, i'm 31 but am quiet proud of the fact that noone believes me and thinks i'm early 20's :). As for acting my age it's never gonna happen.....my husband constantly tells me to stop acting like a 18 year old.......................NEVER!!!!

Lol. A lady told me a couple of months ago I looked to young to have a child! I'm 24! I don't know how old she thought I was! :)

You are so gracious. In my my profile pic I look all of 48, right? LOL

Is your profile pic recent? When I read your profile and seen youve been married 30 yrs, I was gobsmacked. Without a word of a lie, I thot you were 29/30 :o x

Bellé|Beauty;1268666 said:
Is your profile pic recent? When I read your profile and seen youve been married 30 yrs, I was gobsmacked. Without a word of a lie, I thot you were 29/30 :o x

Belle', thank you so much! Here's my most recent promo photo taken a couple of weeks ago. The photographer said he removed a couple of freckles. He "graciously" left all my freakin' wrinkles. So here I am, full frontal so you can see. I am an oldie - I'll be 50 next month. :wink2:

gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture39275-my-latest-promo-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! What fabulous skin!

Thank you. My hair is strategically covering the "11s." And the wide open smile is covertly covering my deep smile lines. The rest is natural...thanks to Oil of Olay.

Belle', thank you so much! Here's my most recent promo photo taken a couple of weeks ago. The photographer said he removed a couple of freckles. He "graciously" left all my freakin' wrinkles. So here I am, full frontal so you can see. I am an oldie - I'll be 50 next month. :wink2:

gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture39275-my-latest-promo-photo.jpg
Girl, if I look half as good as you, even when I'm 40, I'll be very happy.

Oh and the photographer used a "soft lens." Yay!

Girl, if I look half as good as you, even when I'm 40, I'll be very happy.

SJK, read the post above yours. All strategically done! LOL But thank you all the same. Amazing what good lighting and a "soft lens" can do. :wink2:

gr8nails - you have a fabulous smile and a fabulous face!

gr8nails - you have a fabulous smile and a fabulous face!

Thanks, Zo Zo. You know what? With all these compliments, I'm gonna load more photos! I'm gonna be like flippin' Pippa Middleton. I'm gonna single handedly bog-down Salon Geek!

You really are stunning, lovely smile, white teeth but please what WRINKLES lol. Olay, really! I've been buying expensive salon facial products because thought they were the best but think I'll have to revert back. Must admit their serum is lovely. Think I'll buy a job lot lol

from Debbie's HTC Sense

If you look closely, you can see hyer-pigmentation on my chin and high up on my cheeks. Working on getting rid of that. But, I have a bad beach-habit. Olay cannot help me with that, unfortunately. :o(

I'll be 24 on Sunday.
Sometimes, when I'm surrounded by 17/18 year old friends I feel about 100. I always get told I have done a lot for 23 which I'm really proud of :)
My best friend is 32 but we act about 16 when we're together.
I love my life, I love my work and I love my family :D
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back