how old do you have to be before it all starts going pear shaped???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
lellis thread just got me thinking about age and the decline in our skins youthful appearence etc

how old is the normal range to see these wrinkles?
if you get to a certain age without having these problems, what age do you have to be to be considered looking good for your age?
do you think looking young can be hereditary?
or is it always down to outside factors, like sun , smoking, drinking etc etc

im 35 and think i look old, but others think i look young for my age, is it cos othes dont scrutinise my skin in a magnifying mirror????????
i think my skin is definately sagging , but then when i look back on old photos it looks the same, except that i have put on weight since then and seem to be less angular in the face department shall we say ,lol
what do the rest of you think about age and our skins appearence???

30!!!!

Lol, thats what it feels like.

I have never been one to use creams and lotions and potions on my skin. I am 31 now and i dont think i look that bad. I have a few "Laughter lines" and a few frown ones too but nothing too horrendous.

Well I think mine is down to the cigs I have the normal smile lines, crows feet etc lol But the wrinkly mouth is the cigs and I hate it Yes call me vain but I dont wish to look like a prune and if I was rich I would have surgey to correct all this :lol:
I am in my forties but this aging thing isnt for me :lol:

I think that 37 is a good age for skin to still be looking good... but then I would say that wouldn't I? lol
If you look after your skin and treat it well then it looks after you in the 'mirror department' :wink2:

Fine lines usually become visible in your late 20's around 26 I would say. Prominancy of lines and sagging depends on lifestyle choices e.g food, drink, cigarettes, sun exposure, where you live. You can start anti aging treatments in your early 30's and delay the process :) If you don't change your lifestyle though there is no point as you will be negating any results. I think people start to notice their neck going southward in their 40s!! bummer!

I reckon 40. Im 44 this year and it seemed the moment i had the big 40 birthday it wasn't so much lines as sagging.
I have been so careful to keep my face out of the sun for the last 5 years or so because in my twenties i worked in a health club where nearly every morning i came in early and laid on the sunbed while i read the paper before i started work.
I also USED to smoke BUT AND BIG BUT i think because sun damage is accumulative and smoking i dont think my skin is now any different from the average 44 year old and sometimes better.I also drink quite a bit but only red wine..for the antioxidant properties:lol:

is it too late to do anything when .... its too late!!!

i have never done much to my skin apart from slap a bit of moisturiser on it after a shower, ive worn make up every day since i was about 13 and remove it in shower with soap and water ( i know i know)

i dont have any lines or anything on my forehead, i have a few lines around ny eye creases when i screw my eyes up , apart from that i just feel droopy!!!! lol
is it too late for me????????????

The problem is when you lose weight, it shows more then.
Smoking, drinking, being a sun-worshipper.. yep that's me.
But it did show more when I started to lose weight.
I have no idea how old I look but I hope it's not more than I actually am:lol:

i also smoke , i lived abroad in cyprus for three yrs, i love the sun and love getting a tan, in the summer ( i dont use sun beds) i also drink copious amounts of red wine, should i just buy a bag to put over my head? as i dont want to give any of the above up just yet!!!!!!!

The problem is when you lose weight, it shows more then.
Smoking, drinking, being a sun-worshipper.. yep that's me.
But it did show more when I started to lose weight.
I have no idea how old I look but I hope it's not more than I actually am:lol:

looking good judy mate!!!

should i put weight on then do you think????

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Most people normally think I am mid 30's when they meet me so I cant look that bad :eek:

i also smoke , i lived abroad in cyprus for three yrs, i love the sun and love getting a tan, in the summer ( i dont use sun beds) i also drink copious amounts of red wine, should i just buy a bag to put over my head? as i dont want to give any of the above up just yet!!!!!!!
me too mate... we can be the bag-head girls together :lol:

I do moisturise my skin/face/body and also use a reasonable sun protection factor cream in the sunnier months.
But, it doesn't stop those little wrinkley blighters showing their faces... :eek:

I'm sure I read that "rapid" weight loss results in sagging. I'm not sure putting it back on would help. Protecting your face from the sun (factor 30 all year round) now will still have a big effect.:)
People think I am 18 when I'm 26 but I think that's my features rather than my skin!

My mum who is just an amazing 80 year old says everything in moderation.Shes even a smoker, since 14, never stopped. I blame her for my height .She had cancer in her 40s but she only smokes 5 a day...She eats lots of veg though ..especially cabbage.:eek:

I'm now 33 and have seen a rapid decline in the state of my skin, I do do my best to look after it xx
last year on the run up to my wedding I was having regular facials and doing all the home care and drinking lots of water and I must admit by my wedding my skin was glowing. I think it just looks a bit worse this time of year anyway(I HOPE XX

I would say, in the last 2 years or so, I've noticed a change in my skin. The elasticity doesn't seem to be what it was, and there are definitely more fine lines than there used to be.

I do try and take more care of my skin now - giving myself regular facials etc.

Apparently Bio Oil is the way to go to help with ageing skin - I'm going to give it a go anyway - I'll try anything!!!:lol:

Sun is so bad i do lots of massage and peoples bums are so much younger than their faces.

Sun is so bad i do lots of massage and peoples bums are so much younger than their faces.
I know this much.... I don't have spots on my face :eek: LMAO

Latest posts

Back