How to ask a client.....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrineC

Reaction score
Hiya All,

I have a client in half and hour :eek: and she always cancels her original appointment, (I don't chg cancellation fee), pushing her appt to over 4 weeks in between refills.. Now, I have had a sign up in my salon for a few months now stating there will be an extra $10 fee for refills going over 4 weeks due to extra work etc..

The last time she didn't see the sign so I said nothing and she paid me as normal, but again, tonight's appt is a rescheduled one and going over 4 weeks again so what do I do if she doesn't see the sign again? I find it so hard to bring up money and her having to pay extra...:cry:

Please help me!!? I am so shy and am worrying about it and think I deserve the extra fee especially as she always cancels her appts, costing me money already...

Thanks, Corrine xxx :cry:

Hi honey just say before you start that as stated you will be charging extra because it takes longer ect ... if you tell her before treatment she is aware and if she doesnt like it she can leave !!!
Good luck honey xxx

I think she doesn't see the sign because she doesn't want to - you will have to bring it to her attention:)

Oh Geez, she just rang, is now running late!!! :irked:

Sounds to me like she's a client you don't really need, though it was good of her to phone about being late some wouldnt. Definately mention the extra charge before you do the treatment, like already said if shes not happy she can leave. Think of it this way would she do overtime for free? Good luck!

I would point out the sign and say as a gesture of goodwill you will implement it at her next appointment. That way it wont be a surprise for her next time......

corrine you must have read my mind. I just logged on to post the same questions...
I have had a client who cancelled a double apt ( hands and toes) 6 times!!!! yes i am sumb enough to keep booking her.. she is my step sisters bestie.... anyway I have had enough and I have told the salon girls who take my apt ( yes i am spoilt) if she calls to make an apt then i am fully booked unless she wants to come in that day and only then if i have a spare spot no one else wants.... I am sick to death of losing paying clients to her lack of ...grr i dont even know the words.!

Also how many of you have an extra charge for going over the 3 week mark?.. I know that the NNS salons have it here..

I am so tired of those who push their apt to 5 weeks... plus sometimes... now i know I should feel proud that my clients still have their nails on after the 5-6 week mark but truely there is so much more product being used ...

your thoughts would be great

Very good question corrine
Mel

You really should have mentioned this extra charge when the client was on the phone re arranging her appointment, letting her know that putting her appointment back would cost her more. She would then have had the option of keeping her original appointment or incurring the extra cost by moving it.

As it stands now I agree with Vetty and you should just take the nortmal rate off her but leave her in no doubt that if she goes over the 4 weeks again it will cost her!!!

That is if she turns up:eek:.......hope she has!!!

Thank you all so much for your replies..

Now, here I was, stressing out to the max that I have to get the guts to say something, and as soon as she walked in and sat down, she actually noticed the sign!!! :eek: Ha ha! Thank you Jesus!! :green: She was more than happy to pay it (only $10 extra) and the whole appt after that was just perfect! Ahhhh... (sigh of relief!)

Thanks so much for all your advice, I really find it so hard to be assertive and bring these sorts of things up with clients..

xoxo

Glad it went well for you and it all got sorted with out to much stress. xxxx

Hiya,

I will be the same with my clients when I am up and running. I find it very hard to be assertive with people, even customers at the night club I work in! :rolleyes:

But I think you have to be firm and make a point with no hesitations to the client for them to take you seriously lol so no worries, I'm sure you'll be fine in future! :green:

D*xXx

Well done to you .... sometimes i stress too... I know i will be this weekend when i have a client in who didn't turn up last week and has 2 time slots this sat for nails and toes....i sent her a txt msg to tell her she missed her last apt and she tried to get out of it by saying she thought it was next week.,... I sent one straight back and said.. No you wrote both dates in your diary in front of me.... prob a little to harsh but i was so pissed at the time...
time will tell as they say.... to be honest i would not care if she walked!
Mel

Hey Mel,
Yeah, sometimes with clients like that it is easier to not even bother! If they come, bonus, but if not, I would question re-booking them. Is this the one who has cancelled 6 different times?!! That is SO not on!
If I were you i would call her the day before and confirm that she is infact still coming.
If she doesn't turn up again I would say if she returned there will be a cancellation fee charged as you would have been treating someone else in that time otherwise and still making your money! :(
I hope she turns up! Or not, whatever you are hoping for he, hee.. :)
Good luck hun xox
PS- You mentioned you are doing her toes.. Is it Gel toes? If so, how do you do your gel toes? I am just getting into them now.. x

Latest posts

Back