How to clean my shoes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Bit random but i bought some new shoes in London last week, £95 and there designer.

Being the stupid teenager i am i decide to wear them into town last night and trash them.

There handmade, real leather and wood and there's marks all over them, anybody know how to get them sorted? :(

xxxxxxxxxxx 555262_4173921191614_1011831322_n.jpg

Omg they're amazing! Where did you get them from?? X

hehe urban outfitters, there Jeffery Campbells :) xxx

Ah I love them 😍 but unfortunately I don't know how to clean them lol sorry x x

Which bit needs cleaning hun?

My best advice would be to take them to a professional cobblers/show repair shop. they have the machinery to buff the marks out of the wood, clean any leather/suede areas and have the experience of dealing with shoes to do it great :D

The shoes are very lush too :D xx

Which bit needs cleaning hun?

My best advice would be to take them to a professional cobblers/show repair shop. they have the machinery to buff the marks out of the wood, clean any leather/suede areas and have the experience of dealing with shoes to do it great :D

The shoes are very lush too :D xx

the woods all scratched, dinted, marked :'( the pink leathers fine but the tan leather is like dirty, but i dunno if its like marks of dirt that will come off, or like marked the leather and its gonna be a mess forever :(

hehe they are lush!!! ill take them to a cobblers on monday :) xxxxxx

Not a lot you personally can do to fix the wood, you will need to get a professional to fix that. RE the brown leather, if you have spilt any drinks on it... or it was raining... sadly it will be water marked and that won't come out.

Id be inclined to say that if you are mainly wearing them on nights out, I would surface clean them with a damp cloth and dry them right after and leave it at that. Throwing money at them to make them look new again and wearing them out and them getting trashed on another night out would be pointless. Id only get them repaired at a shoe menders if you intend to wear them with care :)

OMG how do you wear things like that on your feet? Vile! Bear in kind I'm over 40 and completely out of touch!:lol:

I'd break my neck in those shoes lol they're lovely though xxx

OMG how do you wear things like that on your feet? Vile! Bear in kind I'm over 40 and completely out of touch!:lol:

dont think thats very nice saying they are vile! she wasnt asking if we liked them but asking how to clean them..

anyways i wouldnt attempt to clean them myself incase you mark them worse, take them down to cobblers and see what magic they can do,

nice wee investment :wink2: i love investing in shoes

Not a lot you personally can do to fix the wood, you will need to get a professional to fix that. RE the brown leather, if you have spilt any drinks on it... or it was raining... sadly it will be water marked and that won't come out.

Id be inclined to say that if you are mainly wearing them on nights out, I would surface clean them with a damp cloth and dry them right after and leave it at that. Throwing money at them to make them look new again and wearing them out and them getting trashed on another night out would be pointless. Id only get them repaired at a shoe menders if you intend to wear them with care :)

omg so the leathers marked permantly? :'(
these are being saved for sober nights out!!!!!!!

I'd break my neck in those shoes lol they're lovely though xxx

hha i dont know how i didnt! there suprisingly easy to walk in :D

dont think thats very nice saying they are vile! she wasnt asking if we liked them but asking how to clean them..

anyways i wouldnt attempt to clean them myself incase you mark them worse, take them down to cobblers and see what magic they can do,

nice wee investment :wink2: i love investing in shoes

I'm sure if I was 25 years younger I would love them too. :lol:

You might be able to have the tan leather dyed black? Think that might look quite good.
The wood is probably quite soft, so just accept a lived-in look there.
The main thing is you had a great night out!

Could you wax the wood to get out scuffs? Leather cleaner may help, maybe keep cleaning the leather will make it darker but the marks less noticeable, I have same problems with a white leather Karen Millen bag but it's an off white so hard to find colour the same!
Good luck and yr right no more drunk nights in them ;) x x

omg so the leathers marked permantly? :'(
these are being saved for sober nights out!!!!!!!

hha i dont know how i didnt! there suprisingly easy to walk in :D

Sadly it may be marked permenantly if it is water damage yes - sorry. It would have happened in time anyway unless you only wore them in dry locations - I have a handbag the same colour (or it WAS that colour) and well ... due to rain the whole bag is now a lot darker, but I still love it :)

And I agree, they look fairly easy to walk in due to the platform :lol:

went into the shop today and the guy said he cant do anything with them :/

he told me to sand the wood down lightly to get rid of the scratches and then re stain it, and soap and water on the leather :/

think ill just have to learn my lesson to never wear designer shoes whilst out in a state!!!

went into the shop today and the guy said he cant do anything with them :/

he told me to sand the wood down lightly to get rid of the scratches and then re stain it, and soap and water on the leather :/

think ill just have to learn my lesson to never wear designer shoes whilst out in a state!!!

We always seem to learn the hard way :(
Try what he said very carefully and hopefully will be a bit better hun x x

Latest posts

Back