How to do nails home course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn329

Reaction score
I want to mdo a home course what is the best .... has anyone heard of how-to-do-nails ? they keep bombarding me with emails?:confused:

have a search hun, for training, which training provider, home learn courses etc, you will see that they are not highly reccomended, however there is information on which are deemed better than others, and the why's and wherefor's of why a class based training course is more beneficial etc

take time to choose your course wisely, many of us, learnt the hard way, doing a course that seemed best and cost effective and ended up worthless and us starting from scratch after joining this site and learning whats what

ooh word of warning, make a cuppa and switch the phone off, theres a lot to read lol

any more questions , just ask hun
xx

Hi chick welcome to the site, I have done the Essential nails gel course and maintenance course passed both with a credit, I am now doing there L&p sculpt course, I decided to do home course because at the time is was the best decision for me.
I will be doing a conversion course with NSI balance gel in August as I love there product.
If you are motivated enough, and you find a good home learn course, then yes it can work for you, some people are not cut our for it and prefer the class room and tutor, only you know your potential.
As Nicky said take your time to decide because whatever you choose, it is an expensive outlay so you need to make the right decision for you.
If you have any questions about Essential Nails please PM me anytime :hug:

Hi and welcome to the family hun xx
I think what lynn is probably meaning is a site that was recently mentioned on one of the threads about how to do nails in 30 days>? http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/75613-email-all-about-learning-nails.html some of us including me were getting bombarded with emails that we didn't sign-up for.

If you want to train as nail tech lynn ,do a search into Essential nails which is a home based learning course and reputable ,CND sweet squared ,Ezflow,NSI and your local college as suzy and Nicky have said If you are motivated enough, and you find a good home learn course, then yes it can work for you, some people are not cut out for it and prefer the class room and tutor, only you know your potential.Take your time to decide because whatever you choose, it is an expensive outlay so you need to make the right decision for you.
..hope this helps:)

Sweet Squared

Home - Nail Systems International (UK)

Grafton International Ltd - EzFlow gel and acrylic

Nail Courses, Acrylic Nail Courses, Gel Nail Courses - Essential Nails

Last edited:
IMO hun if your getting loads of emails about this course ignore them as i think someone has already said it sounds like the how to do nails in 30 days one that loads of us keep getting.

Hi lynn,
welcome to the site, if you want to stop them from bombarding you with emails return the same email without any emput from you and eventually they will get the messag, this doesn't mean that you are being horrible to them it just means that you are trying to get the message through to them, afterall, it doesn't cost anything. :)

Hi. I am doing home course and I love it. You are not doing it fast like you would at school. You can do it slowly. I am almost finish and about a few more months, I will think I can take the test soon. Good luck

My advice be VERY wary of this course.

It is full of false promises and unrealistic expectations. Like these get rich quick schemes that NEVER make you rich at all, never mind quickly.

The only ones who prosper (as always) are the ones selling you the course, mate. Stay clear.

The email bombardment should tell you something about how they operate..
Hi. I am doing home course and I love it. You are not doing it fast like you would at school. You can do it slowly. I am almost finish and about a few more months, I will think I can take the test soon. Good luck

How on earth could you get your licence to practise in your State by doing this course?? You can't. Neither are courses in the USA fast ... they are most definitely not, and they do not promise riches form dong nails in 30 days like this nonsense does. You've been had.

Also the fact that your first ever post is about this course is VERY suspicious. Trolls come to mind.

Last edited:
I have never done a home course in this sector but judging by my nail course and other courses I have done over the years I would find it very hard to have done that without someone looking over your shoulder and telling you what you are doing right or wrong or how to change things.

Theorie is one thing and I do believe that can be learned from books easily but the practical side of things must be better in a one to one or training course to get the full know-how and learn about all nooks and crannies and what to do if........

Thankfully I found this site and did loads of research I today enrolled for Essental Nails. After speaking to a very nice lady there I am doing the Gel Course and maintenance course and now cant wait for my kit to arrive so I can get on with this.

Will keep you posted as to how I am getting on.

Once again thanks for all the advice :hug:

I think you have made the wiser choice of the two courses for sure! Good luck.

Hi,
I also just enrolled on the acrylic course with essential today. All the info on this site has been a real help.
Just wanted to say thanx

x:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back