How to get hair dye off skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo

Reaction score
hi guys.

i had my colour done by my hairdresser on saturday, and a mate has just pointed out that there is a LOT of dye around the hairline at the back of my head.

i had it done black and i have a graduated bob so it is VERY noticeable. :rolleyes:

can anyone please tell me any good tips to get it off?

i've been using shampoo and soap to no avail...i'm back at work tomorrow and really don't want to show up looking like this...it looks like someone has attacked me with a marker pen. :lol:

jue xxx

try rubbing it with cotton wool soaked in milk , or use a facial exfoliator to get the top layer of skin cells off

mix cigarette ash with milk. always works x

thanks, will give it a go.

(off to smoke a few cigs to get enough ash lol :lol:)

jue xx

mix cigarette ash with milk. always works x

Eeeeeeeewwwwww!!!! :eek: You're not being serious?!
:eek: :!:

I was told by my hairdresser that hair colour comes off the skin when washing the colour off the hair -

You rub the colour/lather from the hair into the stained skin, and this gets it off ..

(lathered colour/water when it is being removed from the hair gets the dye off the skin by working it into the stained skin)

Hope this makes sense!!! :)

Eeeeeeeewwwwww!!!! :eek: You're not being serious?!
:eek: :!:

I was told by my hairdresser that hair colour comes off the skin when washing the colour off the hair -

You rub the colour/lather from the hair into the stained skin, and this gets it off ..

(lathered colour/water when it is being removed from the hair gets the dye off the skin by working it into the stained skin)

Hope this makes sense!!! :)

Unfortunately it doesn't always come right off when rinsing the colour off when the colour is soo dark. You can buy a stain remover from the wholesalers, failing getting some of that, I have also heard that nail polish remover does it, but iv never tried it and I wouldn't.

second this

I third this :lol: :hug: always works , on a little dampend cotton wool , (never smells either)
as does any fine ash from the chimnea too
but not ash with grease or fat on from the barbecue , now thats a no no :green:

I had blue/black hair for years and ash was the BEST thing to remove stains. Mix it with a little bit of shampoo and off it comes.

lemon juice on a cotton ball has always worked for me.

update...

i tried ash and milk and it got quite a lot off, but there's still a "shadow" of it left but not as noticeable as it was beforehand.

would love to know how someone discovered that it works and why it does lol. :lol:

my boys were looking at me rather strangely when i was doing it, but i'm surprised they were...they should be used to seeing me do weird looking things by now hehehe.

thanks again guys, you are the best! :hug:

jue xx

Apparently in poorer countries, they wash their whites in water and ash and they come out dazzling white.:lol:

Latest posts

Back