How to succeed in nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a really good thread! I have been working from home for 3 years and i was really busy until january when i lost a few clients to money problems etc. so i had the idea of making some posters with special offers for my local hair salons staff. I posted them around five local salons along with a cover letter for the manager asking if they would put my poster in the staff room, along with some business cards/price lists. My idea was discounted treatments for the staff then their customers would see their nails or lashes & ask where they got them from then they would hand them a business card & i would get loads of clients! Thats the idea anyway, I'm not sure if it will work but my hairdresser works in one salon who has my poster up in the staff room!

I was also going to try something like this. Print out price leaflets and ask hairdressers,shops etc that don't have beauticians to place in their shop and offer discount for the shop owners and staff :)

Another good idea is to encourage your clients to refer. If they refer someone and that person spends over a certain amount (I do $20) then the one who did the referral gets a gift certificate for $5)

Also, around the holidays there is a local place that does a raffle, if you spend more than $30 in one session you get a raffle ticket. The raffle runs 6 weeks and every time you spend more than $30 you can enter your name. Last year they did 3 prizes - one was a $60 gift card (grand prize), a $20 gift card (2nd prize) and i think the final prizes were $5 gift cards and there were i think 10 of those.

this was a pretty big place with i think 5 or 6 nail techs, so it didn't work out to cost anyone one person or the business too much to do those and did encourage anyone who was getting only a backfill or something that may have been only $20-25 to get something else added on to hit the $30 mark to enter the raffle.

Great post thanks!

What a great post!! :) thanks all xx

Fantastic post and very helpful....Am new to all this and having trained with biosculpture, i did my very first client yesterday........I live in Bournemouth where everyone asks for shellac, so have been really disheartened with no at all business. Thanks for this post, it has really opened my eyes.

Last edited:
Great post! This is what I need to see as I'm starting up mobile again.. 😊

wow thanks for all the likes!! i havent been on here all week as my mum has been in hospital so was fab to open salon geek today and feel the love!!

I got the keys last night to my new studio so can start work asap!! plumber and electrican going innext week and hubby and i are booking time off in september to do some work as well as my boys helping!! i am planning on opening at least the nail bit downstairs on 1st october and maybe the beauty at same time but maybe a week or so later!! so an opening nite may be a few weeks into october!! i am off to homebase at weekend to buy paint and wallpaper and then off to buy lights i have seen, apart from furniture everything else is on my bedroom floor (have been buying accessories for weeks!!) xx

This is a really good thread! I have been working from home for 3 years and i was really busy until january when i lost a few clients to money problems etc. so i had the idea of making some posters with special offers for my local hair salons staff. I posted them around five local salons along with a cover letter for the manager asking if they would put my poster in the staff room, along with some business cards/price lists. My idea was discounted treatments for the staff then their customers would see their nails or lashes & ask where they got them from then they would hand them a business card & i would get loads of clients! Thats the idea anyway, I'm not sure if it will work but my hairdresser works in one salon who has my poster up in the staff room!

Just wanted to check back on this idea. Did it work? Have you had many clients through the hairdressers? I think it's a brilliant idea but just after a bit of feedback before I go ahead.

Thanks

Thank you all for putting this post together. I absolutely love it and gained lots of good ideas to try out from it.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will be posting on my blog the progress of the salon and some advice if any wants it,

Think it's souznails.wordpress

Brilliant advice x

This post is so inspiring. I start my CND complete next week and have been nervous about what happens after the course. So its really great to see all your hard work and effort paying off. I will be practicing like crazy.

Fab xx

This is just what I have been looking for!! I am really struggling with the advertising side of things but I am so keen to do well!! I believe in what I can do it just getting other people to as there is a lot of competition out there xx

Great info, thanks xx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

What a fantastic post!!!!! just what I needed to read after a quite week <3

So my salon opens at the weekend!!its been tough, my mum has had major surgery and I've been caring for her so the salon was delayed.....it's not quite finished but enough for me to open and start working and earning some money to pay for it!!!there are loads of pics and what I've been doing on my blog,

Hope you are all doing well,

It's going to be a nervous and manic week but glad it's here, it's definitely worth the wait!!xx

I can't believe I haven't seen this before - it's really helpful, thanks for taking the time :)

(You will have to post photos in the set up thread when your salon is finished!)

Ahh I wish you all the luck in the world Souz ( although I know it's not down to luck it's all the hard work you've put in ) :0) best wishes xx

Thanks ladies , I do need luck as well emma!!what with looking after mum the last few months my business took a backseat so I feel like I'm starting all over again!

there are so many pics of the salon, if you want to see some see my blog souznails.wordpress...there's pics of the begining through to end

Latest posts

Back