How will PopIts change your pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
possibly not as many, although some might, who knows time will tell.

All i know is if i were the customer and the nails could look just as good then i personally would opt for the quicker service as time is precious!

Thats why I think this approach is a good base to work from. It doubles your income, and creates additional value that protects you.

just my 2 cents ;)

What are the benefits of choosing the couture set?

I have some clients who love the whole experience.. and some who want them done 5 minutes ago.. perhaps that is where the benifits are? you can service both types?
still no one has mentioned rebalances.. at the end of the day rebalances wont change.. thats where the pricing needs to go up imo!

what is NSS? : )

I would reduce my full set prices (but when you think about the time i will save and the time it takes me to do them) almost 3 sets in the same time it would take me to do a normal set, it will actually be an increase in profit. If I can do 3 sets of poppits @$70 or even @$60 in the same time as it takes me to do one set of the norm @$100 ...... well, i'm in front, it's all relative as to what you want to charge.

Also, the cheaper the full set, the more clients you will get, then they will re-book for infills and soon enough your appointment book should be full.

There's no need to be greedy on the fullsets, they are gonna come back for infills (and that is a nail technicians bread and butter), also eventually many ...... "and i mean MANY" ....... (especially the acylic/gel challenged) will be offering them as an alternate to mastering a more difficult technique/system.

Many "cough" techs having trouble with application, blending and buffing and smile lines with the traditional methods will be screaming about finally getting a decent finish on a nail, ......... expect a price war. Keep in mind though ....... Clients dislike being ripped off.

One thing I am concerned about is what the client will think of the process, if they look easy and only take 20 mins, many clients will look at them as stickons done with acrylic and won't want to pay as much as a hard earned/worked/honed set of the norm type.

Another thought ..... will the method get respect enough to be offered a spot on the comp floor, or will they be fobbed off and considered akin to using white tips?

I'm trying to imagine almost everyone using them and the effect it will have on the supposed artistic industry/career we have enough trouble scrambling to earn respect in.

Ok I have thought about this alot and I finally have an opinion....
At the moment I charge $50AUS for a full set of Pink & white Acrylic
That would be about 45US or 25GBP
I think that my customers will be happy to pay the same amount for
an even better set of nails then what i currently do, because with PopIts
the finished result is near perfection and it cuts the time by over an hour.
They get better nails
Nails done much faster
Why would I drasticly reduce the price?? Especially when purshasing the
PopIts is going to up the overall cost of each set that I do with them.
I am going to drop my price to $40AUS and see how I go from there, I
will give the price an over view when i have had more client feedback about
it. Because at the end of the day if the customer thinks it to much to pay
they will go else where,but I am not going to work at a loss either.

I agree with Nailzoo on all points and it will be very interesting to see if they are competition worthy. One of my problems is that I don't really get that many clients so I could do without losing any income from my tech work, I already get moaned at for spending more on purchasing than I ever make back. :eek: I've just had another blitz on advertising and created my own website, as soon as I have decided and had a practice, I will advertise the new application system, through my website but can't afford to have all my cards etc redone:rolleyes: . I just hope in a few months time we will all be thinking they are the best thing since sliced bread !

I understand that we could make more $$ out of using these PopIts things, I really do, BUT, i also think the price of them per box is a rip off. This is just MY opinion.

I wont be reducing the price for popits( but then my nails are not expensive anyway!), but i also wont be using them all the time they will be an option for my clients.If they want quicker nails, because they need to get away then i can use them, i think most people will see them and love them, but they are not ideal for everyone! They are another string to our bow! They are an extra expense but handy to have and time is money too , so it will balance out in my favour i would say.:)

I understand that we could make more $$ out of using these PopIts things, I really do, BUT, i also think the price of them per box is a rip off. This is just MY opinion.
I am so so so excited about PopIts but I have to agree with you to a point,
as for me to buy them it will cost me the same amount as I charge for 2 full sets:eek:
but honestly I dont care because I just have to buy them and have a go.

I am so so so excited about PopIts but I have to agree with you to a point,
as for me to buy them it will cost me the same amount as I charge for 2 full sets:eek:
but honestly I dont care because I just have to buy them and have a go.

you haven't seen the Australian price yet :), so don't jump the gun, you may be surprised .... also if you can do 3 sets in the time you normally do one, doesn't this bring the overall price down (and profit up) hold onto your knickers, it wont be long, many of our Australian prices are much cheaper than the prices you see in the UK.

Poppits can also be re-used (your tips can't)..... imagine if they could be used 20 times over (thats on the way also), but it's not Poppits !!!! stay tuned. Surely if you could use them 20 times over it would bring the price down.:)

One thing I am concerned about is what the client will think of the process, if they look easy and only take 20 mins, many clients will look at them as stickons done with acrylic and won't want to pay as much as a hard earned/worked/honed set of the norm type.

I completely disagree. If the client is still getting the same high quality finished product using the same high quality products that lasts as long etc, the client doesnt give a hoot about how long it takes or what methods you use (provided they are legitimate ones). Clients are there to get their nails done, they dont pay you for chat and coffee, nor do they care whether the tech is a talented artist or not, they want good nails and if you can do good nails, the client will pay for that privilege. If anything I think many will pay more to be in and out of the door in less time. Clients can now get their nails done in their lunch hour to the same high standard as when they have to juggle their schedule to spend 2 hours out of their busy lifes for the same effect. I know that lots of techs who consider themselves to be artists are worried about the new method simplifying things and detracting from the kudos of being an artist in this trade, but I would think that genuine artists will stick with the traditional method and perhaps charge more for a set of hand finished nails??

IClients are there to get their nails done, they dont pay you for chat and coffee, nor do they care whether the tech is a talented artist or not, they want good nails and if you can do good nails, the client will pay for that privilege.

Bummer, and here's me after 22 years thinking this was called customer service ......... I guess after you doing nails for a year I should listen.

Clients are there to get their nails done, they dont pay you for chat and coffee, nor do they care whether the tech is a talented artist or not,

I disagree with the above there is nothing most clients like better than to have a good chat with someone who listens a coffee and a pampering. Having your nails done is a social event for most people, I for one the majority of the time look forward to the different clients I will see on a daily basis and talk about a whole range of things not just their problems. This is part of why I love what I do. But then I am a people person and find people opinions and lives intriguing.

going a bit off topic...

is anyone going to choose the couture one because it just takes double the time???

:irked:
Ok presuming you mean tech's and not clients.....ME ~~emmsy sticks hand in air~~

I love popits I really do....but !
I LOVE LOVE LOVE creating sets of enhancements...I find it theraputic...picking my brush up once the prep is out of the way is exciting for me...and then picking up my miracle shine and buffer at the end ...is exciting for me...yeah sad i know...but I really do get excited lol

I HOPE to still be doing the majority of "coture" sets , but then squeezing popin sets when I can..or NEED to

My pricing ...wel..
so far I am thinking along the lines of
at the moment full set = 28.50 ...but stupid special offer of 25.00

Now I am going to remove special offer...and charge full price for coture sets....
and have popits at the "special offer of 25.00"
this gives me a chance of getting practice in with these...while earning a little more for my full sets .....
At my next price increase coture sets will be rising to perhaps 30.00

when it comes to rebalancing ...
I will keep rebalance price to reflect the fact i still need time to thin down product /prep etc.... but do not need time at the end to file and finish .....
If it works out same cost or more than new set...then so be it ....

But then client will have to pay for soak off and new set ....bumping up the price .....they will have a job biting them off (trust me i have road tested these....they DO NOT bite off...damn that mighty fine apex :green: )

I really need to sit with good ol' pen and paper and work all this out...
as I do a lot of design work....theres glitters and embedding and allsorts to think of ....

God that headache is back :lol:

All really valid points.. which just adds to my confusion really...:lol:

but anyway, i am in complete agreement with Nailzoo.. and im not sure that my full set prices wont reduce and my rebalance increase.. before poppits even came into it i have been struggling with this..

get the nails on their fingers.. do a bl**dy good job.. and if they are anything like i was.. they wont want to be without lovely nails.. and thats where the rebalance comes in.. and you make your money.. It takes a hell of a lot more time effort and skill to proper rebalance then it does to do a full set.. IMO

Poppits or no.. a rebalance is a rebalance.. so why not drop the price of the full set.. regardless of what system you are using?

To the techs that are saying they will charge the same for PopIts as for a traditional set:

What happens when someone doesn't want a PopIt set for whatever reason, and specifically requests the long-winded method? Will you be happy to sit there for three times as long and earn the same money? Just a thought.

Unless you are going to phase out the traditional methods and just use PopIts, this is a very valid question.

Latest posts

Back