how would you deal with this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katielou

Reaction score
i had a girl back in today (i did her nails last thursday) with a little lifting on her little finger on her right hand, now she went on to say how she wasnt happy with her nails as she has been to another salon to have some waxing done and had spoken to their nail tech and she went on to tell her that i have caused an infection whilst i was putting the nail on that was why it was lifting. now she basically said that herself and the other nail tech were going to tell everyone not ot come to me for nails.

now i tried to explain to her what i could do to rectify(sp) the problem and she just stormed out saying she was going to a solicitor for advise on what to do.

so what do i do now as i have never had any problems like this before?

reguards
katielou xxxxx

IGNORE HER... IGNORE HER... IGNORE HER !!!!

The other nail technician slating you will do her own business damage by her unprofessional conduct... It is common knowledge amongst all PROFESSIONALS in the nail industry that you NEVER make underhand comments about another technician... you can give advice and aid a client but you should never be detrimental about another persons work!

As for seeing a solicitor ... they would laugh her out the room and then charge her £50 for it! So let her go!!!

Dust yourself down... remember why you do what you do... hold your head high... and continue to do good nails!!!

I wouldnt worry too much, it seems that her and the the other techs lack of knowledge is clearly apparent. If she is insistant that she has a nail infection then she should go to her doctor, who is the professional body to confirm this. If you explained to her that it was lifting and offered to rectify the problem then she hasnt really got a leg to stand on. There are some people out there wgo will unfortunately try to make good techs look bad to get a discount or refund!
Stand your ground if she comes back and dont lower yourself to her level.:wink2:

katielou said:
i had a girl back in today (i did her nails last thursday) with a little lifting on her little finger on her right hand, now she went on to say how she wasnt happy with her nails as she has been to another salon to have some waxing done and had spoken to their nail tech and she went on to tell her that i have caused an infection whilst i was putting the nail on that was why it was lifting. now she basically said that herself and the other nail tech were going to tell everyone not ot come to me for nails.

now i tried to explain to her what i could do to rectify(sp) the problem and she just stormed out saying she was going to a solicitor for advise on what to do.

so what do i do now as i have never had any problems like this before?

reguards
katielou xxxxx

If she had a problem why didn't she come back to see you in the first place?
does she have some kind of infection or is it lifting?

1999judy said:
If she had a problem why didn't she come back to see you in the first place?
does she have some kind of infection or is it lifting?

it was lifting and it was only on her little finger and no where else when i did them on thursday she was over the moon and i always make sure the last thing i say is "if there are any problems come and see me straight away or at a convenient time" and she turned round and said it happened on friday so i asked her why she didnt pop in all she said was i couldnt be bothered

sounds like she is trying it on flower, youll always come across peeps like this, just be confident in what youre doing chick, if you know yourself that you are doing things right, then i really wouldnt worry about it.

she says she will go to a solicitor, they would laff her out of the office

hi hun. i wouldnt worry people say that all the time i get it as well and yes at first it got me down and knocked my confidence but now i just ignore them, coz at the end of the day they are just trying it on.
keep your head up x x

She's trying it on...let her go to a solicitor and don't loose any sleep over it....some clients are like this and we have to just deal with it.

the only thing i am worried about is if they do badmouth for this i could lose quite alot of potential customers

katielou said:
the only thing i am worried about is if they do badmouth for this i could lose quite alot of potential customers
i had a salon a few doors away try and bad mouth me about how i do my nails....but the best was they never did brisa gel, only L&P????:eek:
it was just the other week that clients told me the person is still bad mouthing me at their Bar-b-q!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

well its just goes to show.....im the one who is very busy and new clients are walking in from word- of- mouth advertising.
keep your head up, dont let other nail techs or salons get to you by them bad mouthing you...its them who look the UNprofessionals by doing so.
i say let them talk.

These situations are sent to try us, but don't forget, for a person to file any kind of action against you they have to have PROOF that YOU caused the infection and they have to offer PROOF that they even have an infection.

Make a note of everything you have discussed with her on her CRC and the dates. Her complaints and the dates. also that she was over the moon when you did them!!

NEVER deal with a client yourself or even answer a solicitors letter. Send anything like that straight to your insurance company ...THAT is what you pay your money for ... for them to deal with it.

Don't worry, people who talk allot usually have nothing to back it up!
Always know you can't please everyone!!!! Some people are never happy!

i would love to be a fly on the wall IF she does go to a solicitor and if i was her solicitor i would be advising her to apologise to you !!!!!!!:)

Its these tiny niggly things that cause us to loose sleep, doubt our abilities and put us off doing nails altogether...this has recently happened to me (not a solicitors threat but someone slagging me after picking her nails off then saying they ruined her nails!!) and I am confident enough to know now that I have done nothing wrong...

If 1000 people told me I was great at what I did...and 1 person said I was crap I would have a tendency to dwell on that neg comment...but I really try and put it out of my mind and try to stop worrying but it doesnt come easily and have to work hard at forgetting that neg comment.

Try not to worry cos it doesnt solve anything...just keep doing your good stuff .... Im sorry to hear that someone has such a ridiculous way of going about things.

Hi there

Be prepared for anything.... Dealing with the general public is a pool of learning curves & sometimes big eye openers .You'll encounter all sorts.

Clients from other salons are at times the main offenders at creating scenes in compeditors salons...... Iv'e had my fair share of the "try it on" walk in's mostly in smaller suburbs, never really had the problem in the city....maybe different mentality?...

Their techs should let them know that this is NOT how they would like to be represented. Again it falls back on whats professional behaviour & whats not IMO.
We teach our clients many things throughout an appointment & ourselves, we learn some life lessons in the process.

I always ...Tell staff - client & co worker alike that I'm not interested in what other salons are doing & please dont go to them if your going on my behalf.
Go because you genuinely would like an appointment there...
If you are not happy I will gladly fix or repair the problem if any....
But wont entertain gossip.To many exciting things happening in my business to even think about them at present & Id prefer to chat about those:wink2:

Solicitor....MMMMM Cant see it happening.

XX J XX

Dont sweat it this is a big part of our job! Dealing with neg. clients because they are tons out there but you have to just put it behind you! Lifting happens to EVERYBODY! Im sure your an awesome tech! Im sure one person wont hurt your clientel that bad! Keep your head up

thank you all for your support and advice. not that worried about it now as i have been flat out at the salon and everyone loved the job i did so im feeling happy ow.

Latest posts

Back