How's Business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUEM

Reaction score
Hi, just thought id ask how things are going for everyone at the moment. Im very quiet compared to this time last year getting a bit worried as i dont think i will meet my bills this month it just me or is anyone else feeling the same?

Yep... i am also a bit slower this year!

I think its that crap time were people are still skint from xmas and starting to save for the jollys.

Fingers crossed once the weather picks up so will the appointments x

slowww :cry: Got 3 bookings for tommorow and one friday. Had none at all last week. But week before was rushed off my feet x

well I am still a new biz so it's bound to be slower for me, had nothing all week, one on friday and 3 on sat so it could be worse!

I'm mobile and thought it was going a bit slow recently so I did a bit of marketing with some Spring offers a couple of weeks back. Spent £3 on stamps and it's pulled in nearly £200 worth of business! Maybe make the most of slower days to do some flyers and things and watch them come flooding back in! x

My new marketing stuff should come next week so i hope once i get that out that helps! x

I wish the bloody weather would warm up think that will help, then people will be getting their tooties out , and I can get my hands on them.:lol:

Im mobile too and im mad busy you should be quite busy coming up to easter have you done any special offers? ive been mobile for 10 years though so ive got regulars as well as my extra trade i get at busy times like easter christmas etc...things will pick up get your leaflets out there on your quiet days x x x

Thanks for the feedback feel like im not the only one thought it was something i did! it cant get any worse so i will try and think positive.x

as I work from 2 venues and do some teaching, talks, etc, I'm actually quite busy, my new place is the quietest, today had 1, tomorrow got 5 appointments but between the hours of 10.30-8pm.

Yesterday did 2 appointments and then 6 at my established place.

Jan and Feb were dia for me... :eek: but now I am picking up again nicely. Phew!

Im pretty busy, so much so ive had to extent my normal hours. im working 10 - 7 tue wed and thur, 10 - 4 friday. And then 3 - 7 mon and a 11 - 3 on a sat if i HAVE to lol. but i try and get everyone in tue to fri. im shattered, just havin a sit down before my next one. never happy!! lol.

Jan and Feb were dia for me... :eek: but now I am picking up again nicely. Phew!

Me too but March has gone crazy so I've had to add extra sessions to the clinic I work from :green:

I am busy with regulars this week - just the way I like it.

But have noticed the phone is a bit quieter than usual.

The weather dictates how we feel about ourselves - if its cold - we are cold - if its hot - we want to be hot!!!

I was quiet last week and it didn't help that I had a £120 worth of treatments cancelled by clients due to illness :Scared: but it can't be helped.

This week is much busier thankfully and business seems to be picking up more although April is going to be a nightmare as Im taking a weeks holiday and then the following week ive got to take four days off for product training so i am going to have to watch the pennies.

If im quiet I do some special offers to get more interest.

Hi
could any one let me know if they have ever had to enforce a "restrictive Covenant" on an ex employee. I am currently gathering information and trying to find out how many employers have been in this situation and if they have succesfully persued it throught the legal system.
Ksibet 5031

tried it once about 10 yrs ago when an employee left for a salon a few doors down, solicitor said contract wasn't leagally binding and I could be accused of preventing the ex employee form earning a living!! if i persued it. Didnt bother in the end but it seems to happen a lot and i think it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes i was busy ja but dead in feb n half this month but it has started picking up n got about 5 sets nails booked tommorrow but finishing at 5 as i have to go find a wee car as i just passed my drving test on mon woop woop. But yeah i had that panicky feeliing 2-3 wks back when ye don't think yer gonna cover your bills and can't take a wage its so soul destroying but wot i do is give all my nail clients a 5 pound voucher for christmas valid till march so they'll come back n use it in yer quiet months n rather than doibg the nails cheaper or on special in these months i give them this voucher instead and they still get cheaper nails after christmas but they also feel like you have given them something its amazing how overwhelmed getting this wee christmas card and voucher through there door!!! I also do it for birthdays!!! Its also nice to say this thanx and show ye appreciate there custom.

I've not been trading 12 months yet so can't compare on last year but February was well busy:lol:, however March has been totally dire so far.:cry: Bring on April!

With the current economic climate being as it is & just having had 'The Budget' which has hiked prices up, alot of people are feeling the pinch.

I offer an excellent quality & value with my nail enhancements, but it's also classed as a 'luxury' item, and these things are the first to go out the window when people are trying to cut back and save etc.:irked:

I am very quiet, and I have been for a few weeks, next week is also looking very quiet. I'm feeling a bit panicky.
I am having an operation on my knee next month, so I am in the process of moving clinets around, so that I can take a breather for a week & get over the initial pain thing. So, it's also a good thing I haven't got loads of people to move around.

It does need to pick up tho as I could not survive for too long the way things are right now.

Latest posts

Back