husband's hands are so rough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
hi there

my husband is a builder you know the kind that does jobs for other people and leave mine till last, well his hands are so hard and rough because of his job. Can anyone recommend any hand cream for me. Nothing to good as his tools will slip LOL.

I did offer him a manicure but he declined.

hemp hand cream from the body shop hunnie its my fave fave fave !!!
and i sell lots of it ,its also in the top ten best selling bodyshop products !

it leaves your hands so soft ,it feels like you have a coating on your hands but it soaks in nice and quick so he wont lose grip of his tools
its £8 for a hundred ml tube (the packaging is very suitible for males too )

loccitanne shea butter

My Hubby's a plasterer, and there are times when his hands are beyond sandpaper!
We've found that Creative Solar Silk really does the job x

What about something like crabtree and evelyn's gardeners scrub or some kind of scub and then a rich shea cream

Oh fab,a thread where i get to tell all of my new love :lol:

Solar manicure is fantastic ,it exfoliates and moisturises at the same time,i love it !

A breife description from hyperion catalouge

A one step manicure with the conditioning benefits of solar oil and moisturising of rough dry hands and the exfoiliating properties of dead sea salts.

Hth x

Soft hands and builders don't go together very well, especially plasterer's, but a regular manicure and solar butter do help, I am not keen on the smell of the hemp cream and find the loccitaine to thick. But who doesn't love the smell of solar oil, reminiscent of battenburg and other yummy things.

Creatives Finishing Lotion or Clarins Hand & Nail cream its fantastic it comes out really thick but everything absorbs in there is no residue. I would probably go for the Clarins cream and you can always try it at one of the department stores before you buy it for him :)

Let us know what you choose & if it works xx

Creative Solar Butter is a fab and rich cream. If he can 'handle it' use SolarManicure before it to exfoliate some of the dead skin away and nourish skin, then apply SolarButter and apply heat mitts to open pores and penetrate the SolarManicure and SolarButter further into the skin layers. Once a week doing this should soon get his hands to a condition where a regular use of hand cream should be enough to keep his hands in a nice condition.

Latest posts

Back