I can't sleep

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndaella

Reaction score
i have been waking up about 4am every morning now for a while and i am wide awake, by afternoon i am shattered and i am getting panda eyes :eek:

i have tried everything, :cry::cry::cry:

Hmm, couple shots of vodka should do the trick! :lol:

Just joking (unless it works) but seriously, have you tried hot chocolate or warm milk?

i can get to sleep, its the staying asleep thats the prob. 4am and then wide awake. problem is i am shattered by the afternoon. :zzz:

Ah, I see...what time do you go to bed?

My BF has the same problem, but if he can sleep untill 4am he's doing well.

Now I know why you thought I never slept. LOL.

i am never usually after 10 when i get to my bed. and fall asleep as soon as head hits pillow

now i know why you were online at six am! i have a baby so thats my excuse. have you tried opening a window? my bf suffers the same, but if the fresh air is coming in and he is kept cool, he reaches 6-7am. or you could try night nurse........ my grandma use to dose me up with this as a child so i didnt get her up at 5am... she use to bribe me with a pack of dolly mixtures if i had a full spoon, i am sure this would be classed as child abuse now lol.:lol:

I could be way off the mark here but regular night waking, especially at the same time each night is a classic sign of depression.

do you have any other problems (apart from the obvious tiredness!)

I could be way off the mark here but regular night waking, especially at the same time each night is a classic sign of depression.

do you have any other problems (apart from the obvious tiredness!)

This is what i think aswell......depression....worried about stuff can cause you to wake up in the night .........worried about money...kids.....hubby/wife....anything can cause this xx

Try eating a banana before you go to bed, or even lettuce. They are supposed to have sleep inducing properties.

If when you wake up at 4am and you are still awake 20 mins later, get up for 10 minutes rather that lie there counting sleep. Then, back up to bed.xx

If I wake early or just can't sleep, I stick my head in a book and read until my eyes feel weary ... it does the trick for me anyway.

i have been waking up about 4am every morning now for a while and i am wide awake, by afternoon i am shattered and i am getting panda eyes :eek:

i have tried everything, :cry::cry::cry:

Me too, exactly the same as yourself. I have tried to go to bed later, lavender, herbal remedies, chinese medecine (£60 what a rip off, tasted like sick), hot baths, walking miles and miles with the dog, going to the gym, swimming ... you name it.

Of course a husband who snores like a drain does not help.

Every so often I have a good sleep I think because I am so exhausted.

I think maybe it's stress, but to be honest what have I got to be stressed about appart from not being able to sleep properly, its "catch 22".

Trish :hug:

OK, I am going to be laughed off the site now (or certainly this thread lol) but have you tried putting a piece of Hematite under your pillow? This stone is meant to help sleep and personally I had to stop using it because I was in such a deep slumber I couldn't wake up properly in the mornings. It will cost you about £1.50. Worth a go? I hope it helps you xxx

I cant tell by your small pic how old you are so hope im not being rude but are you peri or menopausal.If so maybe some herbal hrt remedies might help.

Try eating a banana before you go to bed, or even lettuce. They are supposed to have sleep inducing properties.

If when you wake up at 4am and you are still awake 20 mins later, get up for 10 minutes rather that lie there counting sleep. Then, back up to bed.xx

There was a thing on the one show tonight, they mentioned bananas as they contain lots of zinc or takinga zinc supplament (also an aphrodisiac apparently). Think I will give it a go tonight:Love:!

Trish :hug:

thank you for your replys, as you can see at the time i am writing this, its once again the twighlight hours :cry: been awake for over a hour and have tried to get back to sleep and have given up. i tried to go to bed late last night in the hope of being so tried i would stay asleep guess that dont work.

I am going to give some of your ideas ago. Gillian i am 42 so who knows. i think its more to do, with not really doing to much to juggling lots of balls and trying to keep them all in the air, thing is i am loving it, but i need to find a balance

thank you once again, some great advice there

lynda x

My mum has the same problem,i think mostly people wake up a certain time everynight is when they have problems on their mind or at the back of their mind. Anyway she takes the rescue remedy to help her calm and get back to sleep again, which really helps.xx

yay had a not so bad sleep last night.:lol:

Blossom i did what you suggested and bought a piece of Hematite put it under my pillow and i did sleep until 5.30 which was good for me.

Hi Lyndaella, I know exactly what you are going through, have had sleeping problems for as long as I remember (you would recognise me as the one with the dark circles under the eyes) When it all started probably 20 years ago (blimey now I feel really really old) a doctor said it could have to do with all the organs being passive in the time between 2is to 5ish which was exactly the time I used to be awake. I can fall asleep as soon as I hit the pillow but then one or two hours later I am wide awake and cant get back to sleep munching over the day, what happened what needs doing, how, when, what and a lot of ifs.... Just like you I am happy and love my life and what I am doing so it was bugging me.....even tried herbal sleeping tablets that helped but as soon as didnt take it I was awake again and i certainly dont want to be on tablets all the time......it came to the point where going to bad (despite being tired) as becoming a nightmare as I knew what was going to happen.... Being at the computer at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning was quite common and many times together with my hubby.....as it was either him or me being sleepless....

Strangely enough i got a book for Xmas (thanks to the family) about healthy eating and cooking (I am mad about growing my own stuff so I was happily reading it all) and there was a section on Detox in it explaining allergies and food intolerances. I have been tested onthat before so didnt really give much on it but read it anyway....and as I have also never done a Detox I gave it a go and started with no Dairy products, no Wheat, no meat (was allowed fish), lots of veggies, fruit, no alcohol, coffee or tea (just fruit and herbal) and I have to admit even though it was hard the first day I have never felt better. Absolutely relaxed, free of worries, chilled out and through the first week already had the feeling i could smell and taste better and everything seemed more intense (but in a positive way) Now you might laugh and tell me to go away but that is how I felt, so I continued for two more weeks and my hubby went along with some of the dishes and actually now is drinking roibush tee and has grown to like veggi and fish dishes (who would have thought that) after that detox i took it slow in testing out things again like meat, wheat, even my favourite glass of wine and I was still sleeping well. - not like a stone but well enough to feel good and fresh and energetic inthe morning to tackle the things and not just sit exhausted in front of the computer.
Since then I am eating completly normal and have more good than bad nights (actually most are good now) apart from the nights when I do have more than one glass of wine (opsi but its so hard to resist) that does seem to keep me awake for some reason..... So I am not sayin this is the ultimate recipe but it certainly helped me and I am going to continue like this.......

I have never given much on these things but its proven that you are what you eat and certain foods cause certain actions (positive and negative) and many are known for their healing properties so why not use this and make it work for us? On the other side it helps to find out if you have any intolerances to certain things (might not be singular food but in combination) and then reduce these if not avoid.......

Ops really sorry that I waffled on for such a time now, hope you dont mind.....I certainly know how horrible it is to be awake at night when all you want is sleep......Let me know if i can help in anyway or if you want I can copy things out of the book if you want to have a go?

Lets put it this way - Collin as a hearty meateater is now wanting to try this detox as he started feeling better already with just the few changes we have made...now if that isnt a proof in the pudding........

Hope this helped and would get you some sleep?
Cheers
BB

thank you for your replys, as you can see at the time i am writing this, its once again the twighlight hours :cry: been awake for over a hour and have tried to get back to sleep and have given up. i tried to go to bed late last night in the hope of being so tried i would stay asleep guess that dont work.

I am going to give some of your ideas ago. Gillian i am 42 so who knows. i think its more to do, with not really doing to much to juggling lots of balls and trying to keep them all in the air, thing is i am loving it, but i need to find a balance

thank you once again, some great advice there

lynda x

Hi Lyndaella, I know exactly what you are going through, have had sleeping problems for as long as I remember (you would recognise me as the one with the dark circles under the eyes) When it all started probably 20 years ago (blimey now I feel really really old) a doctor said it could have to do with all the organs being passive in the time between 2is to 5ish which was exactly the time I used to be awake. I can fall asleep as soon as I hit the pillow but then one or two hours later I am wide awake and cant get back to sleep munching over the day, what happened what needs doing, how, when, what and a lot of ifs.... Just like you I am happy and love my life and what I am doing so it was bugging me.....even tried herbal sleeping tablets that helped but as soon as didnt take it I was awake again and i certainly dont want to be on tablets all the time......it came to the point where going to bad (despite being tired) as becoming a nightmare as I knew what was going to happen.... Being at the computer at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning was quite common and many times together with my hubby.....as it was either him or me being sleepless....

Strangely enough i got a book for Xmas (thanks to the family) about healthy eating and cooking (I am mad about growing my own stuff so I was happily reading it all) and there was a section on Detox in it explaining allergies and food intolerances. I have been tested onthat before so didnt really give much on it but read it anyway....and as I have also never done a Detox I gave it a go and started with no Dairy products, no Wheat, no meat (was allowed fish), lots of veggies, fruit, no alcohol, coffee or tea (just fruit and herbal) and I have to admit even though it was hard the first day I have never felt better. Absolutely relaxed, free of worries, chilled out and through the first week already had the feeling i could smell and taste better and everything seemed more intense (but in a positive way) Now you might laugh and tell me to go away but that is how I felt, so I continued for two more weeks and my hubby went along with some of the dishes and actually now is drinking roibush tee and has grown to like veggi and fish dishes (who would have thought that) after that detox i took it slow in testing out things again like meat, wheat, even my favourite glass of wine and I was still sleeping well. - not like a stone but well enough to feel good and fresh and energetic inthe morning to tackle the things and not just sit exhausted in front of the computer.
Since then I am eating completly normal and have more good than bad nights (actually most are good now) apart from the nights when I do have more than one glass of wine (opsi but its so hard to resist) that does seem to keep me awake for some reason..... So I am not sayin this is the ultimate recipe but it certainly helped me and I am going to continue like this.......

I have never given much on these things but its proven that you are what you eat and certain foods cause certain actions (positive and negative) and many are known for their healing properties so why not use this and make it work for us? On the other side it helps to find out if you have any intolerances to certain things (might not be singular food but in combination) and then reduce these if not avoid.......

Ops really sorry that I waffled on for such a time now, hope you dont mind.....I certainly know how horrible it is to be awake at night when all you want is sleep......Let me know if i can help in anyway or if you want I can copy things out of the book if you want to have a go?

Lets put it this way - Collin as a hearty meateater is now wanting to try this detox as he started feeling better already with just the few changes we have made...now if that isnt a proof in the pudding........

Hope this helped and would get you some sleep?
Cheers
BB

I can certainly vouch that what britta 9bless her) is saying has certainly helped her...only problem is that now her snoring keeps me awake all night:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ops..guess thats me on rations for the next six months now :eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back