I have just been on my training with 'the wax queen!'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny2

Reaction score
:) Firstly i would just like to say a great big thank you to the kim, kim you were fantastic and i thank you very much.

What a day, besides the fact we were over an hour late to see kim, and nearly killed a southerner on the way lol:lol:. It was brilliant!

For any one that is considering training with kim, or even going to have there first brazilion, i can not recommend her enough!

Before i went, if i am to be honest i was slightly sceptical, i did not know kim from adam and i felt i could wax. Well Within five min of training with her all that had gone, infact i think it is amazing that she is willing to share with feloow geeks the skills that she has.

The body waxing i found relitevly easy , she tought me perfection, removale, how to save money by not using a hundred and fifty strips :lol:

But then came the bit that i was worried about, the brazillion. Poor kim, at first both me and my client had the giggles and then it got seriouse. Now brazillions done correctly are not for the faint hearted and when she said leave your dignity at the door she was not kidding.:lol: It is an art form, and even though i have come away with some great skills, i certainly would not say i am a specielist. Why not, well i have learn't alot, but kim has years of experience, she is 'The wax queen' I hope to one day to wax like her in the intermate areas. I have come away with skills that i need to perfect, and i will practise, practise, practise. Kim will always be in the back of my mind when i am working, sat on my shoulder taliking me through, when the sweat creeps up on my forehead.

For those of you that would like a brazillion, kim gave me my first, it did not hurt one bit and i aint joking. The feel is unbeleivable and it looks good. And in the bedrrom well what can i say, kim was not lying.

The only problem i have is is she lives to far away from me. Cos if she didn't i would be waxed all the time by her.

This women has a skill, a skill that takes years to perfect, and i thank you come again for sharing your info with me, for your patience and for being a number one training geek who is 'The wax queen' and i will see you again, because i have a need now to train and learn from people like your self. Big hug for kim:hug:

Love jenny

What great feedback! Well done Jenny and Kimmi xx

For those of you that would like a brazillion, kim gave me my first, it did not hurt one bit and i aint joking. The feel is unbeleivable and it looks good.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

If Kim can manage to do a Brazilian without hurting, when can I book my appointment :!:

I am the biggest whimp when it comes to waxing, yet I love the look and feel of brazilians. Just a shame the therapist usually has to suffer through my tears and bad language :lol:

Glad to hear you had a fab day. Sounds like you've learned a lot.

Marlise

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had training with Kim and she is AMAZING, you seem to be "floating" for days after!! The woman is a legend. xxxx

here here :hug:

Honestly it did not hurt at all, i never flinched once. I have been waxed in the passed and omg did i scream and swear and that was with just a bikini wax and i bruised. Getting on the coach i thought omg this is gonna hurt, but it never hurt one bit.

I think what you learn from kim is technique , patience, efficency, and how to make it as quick and pain free as possible. Brazillion waxinig is an art, and when the giggles subsided boy did my forehead start dripping because i thought i can not do this. The areas you are working with to me in my mind are like omg i do not want to hurt them. But kim showed me by waxing me that this is not the case. It is hard to put into words my day with kim, because i think people think they go and come away the best in the world and can train other people like kim does. But this is not the case. Kim has been doing this for years and has learnt through her clients and so fourth and has become as good as i would say you could get. She rules the wax and that is the difference, she does not hesitate she knows exactly what she is doing and what technique to do were. And to be fair for us waxing geeks that takes time and skill to learn. Kim has given me the knowledge she has showed me her techniques and i they will stay with me forever and i will go back, simply for her to check on my progress and perhaps show me some more. All i can say is if you want the best for your clients, you want to offer the best treatments, using wonderfull products and they are, i waxed so much better than with my usuall ware house wax, Then i can not recommend kim enough. She is now my icon, i will work as hard as she has to be the best at what i do.
THANK YOU AGAIN KIM

Honestly it did not hurt at all, i never flinched once. I have been waxed in the passed and omg did i scream and swear and that was with just a bikini wax and i bruised. Getting on the coach i thought omg this is gonna hurt, but it never hurt one bit.

I think what you learn from kim is technique , patience, efficency, and how to make it as quick and pain free as possible. Brazillion waxinig is an art, and when the giggles subsided boy did my forehead start dripping because i thought i can not do this. The areas you are working with to me in my mind are like omg i do not want to hurt them. But kim showed me by waxing me that this is not the case. It is hard to put into words my day with kim, because i think people think they go and come away the best in the world and can train other people like kim does. But this is not the case. Kim has been doing this for years and has learnt through her clients and so fourth and has become as good as i would say you could get. She rules the wax and that is the difference, she does not hesitate she knows exactly what she is doing and what technique to do were. And to be fair for us waxing geeks that takes time and skill to learn. Kim has given me the knowledge she has showed me her techniques and i they will stay with me forever and i will go back, simply for her to check on my progress and perhaps show me some more. All i can say is if you want the best for your clients, you want to offer the best treatments, using wonderfull products and they are, i waxed so much better than with my usuall ware house wax, Then i can not recommend kim enough. She is now my icon, i will work as hard as she has to be the best at what i do.
THANK YOU AGAIN KIM

I am glad you enjoyed your training with Kim.. when I went to train with Kim a few weeks ago I also had a good training session too.

I have to say I totally agree with what you put in your post.. having just a few hours of training doesnt make anyone an expert in any field and I would say waxing especially so. When I did my training with Kim, I already had 4 years of waxing experience under my belt (being privately trained then at trained further at college) and I am a very confident waxer... I had just done my male waxing with Andy which was fantastic and so indepth and so much more than just a few hours of mentoring.. but I guess that is the difference of an accredited course and not. I was already insured to do female brazilian waxing before going to see Kim, but I decided to do it just so that I could have the hands on feel of it while being mentored. I am glad I did do it as now I wax at ladies and mens 'bits' with no hesitation and my business is going from strength to strength since.

I don't call myself an 'expert' , I still class myself as a waxing technician. lol!!!

I also believe technique and experience counts for a lot when doing waxing.. and I hope to pass my techniques on to others when I feel I have become qualied enough to do so. Along with my initial training, plus Andy and Kim's training I have soooo much confidence and ability to succeed :)

I will soon be doing my 7303 and hopefully when completed I will be offering accredited courses like Andy does... but obviously not until I feel I am fully experienced enough to offer this service to other like minded techs. I will keep you posted ... maybe I can offer classes in the West Yorkshire area for geeks that are up this neck of the woods... :)

WAX ON!!! Enjoy your new waxing techniques and I hope you find your skill develop over the coming months until you are very confident also :)

I think it is wonderfull that you also enjoyed your training with kim, but to be honest with you, i have been waxing for eight years now, both self employed and working in spa 's. I am also a confident waxer. But to work and train to the level of kim and the other trainer you mentioned takes years of constant waxing and building up a good name in the industry. I like your self went to kim for extra training, to excel at what i do now and become the best at it. I hope in some years to come that you become a good trainer, but if you needed to go to kim then obviously you are not at a level to train.
Good look with your futur role to become like kim and the other geek, i am sur with time you like me will be as good as they are xxx

First of all......thank you Jenny for your lovely comments but you really didn't have to start a thread.....PM's and emails are always lovely to receive.

I really don't want it to look as though it's a put up job and I don't want this to turn into a thread about who's the best waxer etc. I hate all this bitching and bad feeling and for that reason, I've resigned as trainer for Perron Rigot. I just want to wax and to train.......not get into a wax war.

Thanks again Jenny and I hope you understand.:hug::hug::hug:

Does this mean your an independent wax trainer now kim...?

Hi

I think you can say that Kim was always an independent waxer which we why we have her on our senior team to train our independent and employees as our Brow Queen.
Cathy

Does this mean your an independent wax trainer now kim...?

Yes Angie, although I still use it as I truly believe it to be the best wax on the market. As I've always said, when I find a better wax, I'll use it.

Although I train my students with PR, students are welcome to use/bring their own wax and it's nothing to me what they use in their own salon afterwards.

I've always refused commission on sales from my trainees because I wanted to be true to myself.

The reason that I've resigned is nothing to do with Thalgo as they're all lovely and Marian Green, the head of Thalgo UK is a really smashing lady. I'll miss my buddy Andy (Axiom) though but we're mates aside from waxing so it shouldn't make any difference.

No, the reason is that I've been getting anon textes and hate mail from other waxers which I've found really upsetting. Everyone thinks that I'm a tough old bird (which I am LOL) but I do have feelings and of late, I've found it all too much.

Bet you're sorry you asked now Angie. xxx

I see...sorry I am clueless about how it all works...but I'm nosey...:lol: Either way well done Kim for yet another very happy customer...:hug:

Omfg Kim :hug: that's appauling :!:

All because you represented a certain brand ?

I'm disgusted but truly beleive in karma,independant or not you'll go form strength to strength and the people responsible ,well .............. :grr:

:Love: :hug: :Love:

I think it is wonderfull that you also enjoyed your training with kim, but to be honest with you, i have been waxing for eight years now, both self employed and working in spa 's. I am also a confident waxer. But to work and train to the level of kim and the other trainer you mentioned takes years of constant waxing and building up a good name in the industry. I like your self went to kim for extra training, to excel at what i do now and become the best at it. I hope in some years to come that you become a good trainer, but if you needed to go to kim then obviously you are not at a level to train.
Good look with your futur role to become like kim and the other geek, i am sur with time you like me will be as good as they are xxx

I'm sorry but that comment is out of order IMO. I am not a waxer but you cannot make a statement like that without knowing the capabilities of the person on the receiving end. I apologise if I have misinterpreted your comment, but you cannot dismiss someone without knowing what they are capable of.

JMHO

Vetty chic, i am not by any means trying to pull down any one's capabilities, and i apologise if you have interpreted my words differently.
I came to this site to learn, to learn about what other like minded proffesionals used in there salons, what the current market had to offer, and basically get as much info and ideas on the best trainers i can as i am soon to be opening a salon.
I think it is great that others on here would like to be trainers, would'nt we all.

But to be honest i am starting to realise why courses are credited and have a specific criteria, cos other wise we would all do it, gosh i could earn a fortune. But there is people out there advertising there skills with minimul training and making a mochery of us proffesionals that want to train with the best.

And please i am not saying this about any specific person on here or any were just stating what is true in industry

And please i am not saying this about any specific person on here or any were just stating what is true in industry
I'm going to stick my neck out here (again!) and say that it's no different to any other trade, some people have natural talent and some have to work bloody hard to hone their skills and become competent in their chosen trade. That applies to not only the beauty industry but any skilled trade.

One person can pick it up like a duck to water without months/years of struggling to get it right and another has to really work hard to get there and does get there but takes a while longer.

It doesn't mean that either are any better or worse than the other.

I am so sorry this has happened to you Kim you above all people do not deserve this you have helped so many girls struggling in this industry. I don't think anyone has to trawl too many threads to draw a conclusion as to where it is coming from. I know we have never met but I know your reputation and have the upmost professional respect for you. Good luck for your next venture, long may it soar!!!

With regard to accredited courses, here's my take on them:-

I have resisted having my courses accredited for a long time now as I know for a fact that because a course is accredited, it doesn't make them any better. Having said that, my courses will be accredited soon as that's the best way for me to go professionally. I still don't want to but I will.

I've seen enough people in my time who have qualified on accredited courses and they couldn't wax if their life depended on it. No problem though as they could certainly wax after several hours with me.

I call my courses mentoring but that's just a name. I make it clear to all that my courses are no pens and no paper courses and I never mislead people into thinking that they are accredited. Some of the best and most well known courses are not accredited but are recognised by the insurers as know that they are of a high standard. For example, BABTAC offer my students a special joining rate because they know that my students will have received a high standard of tuition. After all, they don't want any claims on their hands.

I spend the whole time waxing and I don't stop to lecture. We wax and we talk. Also, the majority of my courses are 121's so that's worth a few days of group training.

I could write a book about the horror stories I've heard from students about how they were left to wax each others brows off and tear skin. That will never happen on my courses....NEVER because I's stuck to them the whole time they're in the room (no pun intended).

So, my point isn't that accredited courses are rubbish......NO NO NO! There are some amazing trainers out there who's courses are accredited. My point is that just because a course is accredited, it doesn't make it better than one that isn't.

But I appreciate that we all learn differently. It's not wrong.......just different. If I don't think that a student/trainee has actually 'got it', I invite them back when they feel ready, free of charge to re-train. I don't know many people who would do that.

I knlow exactly what you are saying kim and that is the one reason i came to you. But i understand why it could be inportant when people from all walks of life just become trainers even though they have minimul experience so to speak.
Kim i think you are fab, and i think it is awful what you are being put through. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, i loved the training, uh and my client said tonight the hubby loved it lol and she deff have it done again, even though it smarted her . But not me he he he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back