I need help to decide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betty boop

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if any one can advise me what route i should go down regarding nail extension. I am thinking of doing creative nails course or should i go to my local college i really dont know what is best.

thanks betty boop:o

I'd personally say Creative. I hae no experience of the Colleges, but I know with Creative you will have first class tuition and first class products to work with, followed up with first class support. x

PS Phone Sweet Squared and they wll send out their training brochure and answer any questions you have.

I agree, go with CND the education will be far superior to that of most colleges,
we have lots of girls and guys that come here after doing a college course and tell us how bad they feel their education has been,
CND head office number for info and answers to any questions you may have is 0845 210 6060

I agree, go with CND the education will be far superior to that of most colleges,
we have lots of girls and guys that come here after doing a college course and tell us how bad they feel their education has been,
CND head office number for info and answers to any questions you may have is 0845 210 6060

I'll second that!! I wish I'd gone with Creative right from the start but hey...we all learn by our mistakes. Good luck with your training when you decide to go for it :hug:

Hi,

Id say dont go to your local college, they give no back up after the courses you do, took me 1 year to get my certificates, and that to i had to chase them up!!

I'd go to Creative or Youngs. If you go to a private college and later decide that you're not happy with the system they have used, you'll end up having to pay to do another course anyway to use their product.

I went to a private college and was not happy so did a few different courses later .. honestly there is no comparison between private colleges and fab companies like CND and Youngs for training.:hug:

I did my first nail course's in college.... took me almost a year to complete all the course's (mani, pedi, enhancements and nail art)
And left still like a total beginner...I would say creative all the way !!

I don't regret going to college... it got me started, But if I had known then how much I would love nails, and known anything about Creative at the time, I would have done that instead xx

I am another one who wasted her time at college, I would go straight for the specific product training if I got to do it over.

I use Young Nails products now and they are very good quality, and an up and coming brand name.

Creative products are also great to use.

Those are the only 2 I have tried, but EZFlow also has a good reputation.

Gosh.. colleges get a bad rap on this thread.. as i sit here preparing the NVQ 3 for september to include sculpt in gel and L&P. rebalancing, camoflage, extending the nail beds, wraps. embedding, cut outs, 3d work, coloured gels and Powders.. 35 weeks , 4 hours a week thats alot.. still dunno if i'll fit it all in but am i condemned before i even start? i didnt train at college either- but wish id been given the option to do all of the above by someone skilled...at college... for free..:confused:

Gosh.. colleges get a bad rap on this thread.. as i sit here preparing the NVQ 3 for september to include sculpt in gel and L&P. rebalancing, camoflage, extending the nail beds, wraps. embedding, cut outs, 3d work, coloured gels and Powders.. 35 weeks , 4 hours a week thats alot.. still dunno if i'll fit it all in but am i condemned before i even start? i didnt train at college either- but wish id been given the option to do all of the above by someone skilled...at college... for free..:confused:
Well that all sounds great but unfortunately my college course didn't cover half of that.... fibre glass was covered briefly,and tip and overlay l&p,
.. no sculptured.. no colours... no extending nail beds nothing like that, not even rebalancing !
And my nail art course was 6 weeks of using striping pens and dotting tools....
So although I am pleased It got me on the right route it was nowhere near enough !

Well Therein lies the trouble.

Most colleges do not offer skilled trainers. Whether you like it or not, they don't. It is all in the luck of the draw.

As for all the nail art stuff included on the NVQ .. where does this fit into the reality of the salon and business... and name me a college tutor who can even teach it? Most do not have the first clue. It's laughable.

The lady that taught us at our private college had no qualifacations.. she had done a course with star nails. We only found this out after the course.... so the funny thing is, that I now hold a C.I.B.T.A.C. diploma and she doesn't!! OMG I'm more qualified than the teacher!!:eek:

The lady that taught us at our private college had no qualifacations.. she had done a course with star nails. We only found this out after the course.... so the funny thing is, that I now hold a C.I.B.T.A.C. diploma and she doesn't!! OMG I'm more qualified than the teacher!!:eek:

A typical story I'm afraid where colleges are concerned. :rolleyes:

Hi

Out of Interest can you tell me how much cnd course are and are they part time or full time

thank you

Most colleges do not offer skilled trainers. Whether you like it or not, they don't. It is all in the luck of the draw.

As for all the nail art stuff included on the NVQ .. where does this fit into the reality of the salon and business... and name me a college tutor who can even teach it? Most do not have the first clue. It's laughable.

Nothing to add, just wanted to say;
So true:cry:
My creative training was, in my opinion, the best, and the amount of totally free help and advice I have had from them since has totally taken my breath away.
Once you train with them, they treat you as part of the family. You can't buy that sort of feeling, its the best.

well said geeg.Im at college at mo. Iv only got a little to do now and ill be waiting for the rest to catch up ,and i wished id gone to cnd or nsi .The college im at dont prep the same as iv been trained. :eek:Iv been siting there thinking omg ,how can she be training people this way.The good thing is that iv not wasted much money.Id rather pay out good money for the best training,wish id done that in the first place.xx:irked:

oh my gosh Creative everytime!! You will learn so much and all the educators are fabulous x

If you can afford it, go to Creative. I went to a college. Training was 1 week long, and they left me to do my own thing for the 3 months.

One time, this client asked me how to remove a callus. I didn't know what to tell her so I asked my teacher, and she said "You should never remove a callus. God put it there for a reason! You should never remove it, God put it there to protect your skin because he loves you! Do you understand? God loves us all" I don't have a problem with religion, but this lady was real innapropriate with the religious comments. Also, she told me that she couldn't actually SHOW me how to do a L&P nail on a fake finger because she's allergic to everything from overexposure. So I never had anyone show me anything :(

Once I get my bachelors, I plan on going to Creative. I switched to gels without fully mastering the beauty of L&P :(

If you can afford it, go to Creative. I went to a college. Training was 1 week long, and they left me to do my own thing for the 3 months.

One time, this client asked me how to remove a callus. I didn't know what to tell her so I asked my teacher, and she said "You should never remove a callus. God put it there for a reason! You should never remove it, God put it there to protect your skin because he loves you! Do you understand? God loves us all" I don't have a problem with religion, but this lady was real innapropriate with the religious comments. Also, she told me that she couldn't actually SHOW me how to do a L&P nail on a fake finger because she's allergic to everything from overexposure. So I never had anyone show me anything :(

Once I get my bachelors, I plan on going to Creative. I switched to gels without fully mastering the beauty of L&P :(

omg makes you mad a, hope you have gorn to cnd/nsi/ dont give up hun.we all make mistakes ,im in the same boat lol.im going to go to nsi or cnd after my corse end.good luck hun.xxx

Thank you everyone for your advice i think i am going to do the CND course.

betty boop:)

Latest posts

Back