I need someone to talk to, I'm so gutted !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~shelley~

Reaction score
I got a text message early this morning from one of the girls that owns the salon i rent a room in it said "hi shelley i know its your day off but can you come in asap cos we need to talk to you" so i went straight down as its not far from my house & they told me they are having to close the salon from today!! as they have gone bankrupt & are finding it really stressful & want to spend more time with there kids.
I am soooooo gutted & angry too, i have clients booked in all week but need to get my stuff out asap incase the recievers take it when they clear the shop!
I cant even bring myself to ring my clients i have in this week yet as i keep crying.
I just wish i had more notice - my husband is really angry as he said you dont just go bankrupt overnight & they should have given me more notice.
It will take me at least a week to get a home salon sorted.
I had been doing so well too, i was practically fully booked all last week!
& to top it all off my sister that lives here is on holiday & my husband is on guard untill tomorrow evening.
I am so gutted - i feel numb & let down - im sorry i didnt write this in my journal
I honestly feel like giving it all up!:sad:

sorry for waffleing xxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww hunny i'm so sorry.

ring your clients and ask them if they would mind you going to their house just for this one appointment whilst you get sorted at home.

everything happens for a reson chick and maybe there is a reson behind this!

x x :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

awwwww huni that is really awful i really feel for u just wanted to give u a big cyber :hug:

xx:Love: xx

shelly babes that is such a bummer.

At least you have your clients record cards dont you?

I know it must be gutting when it was all going so well for you hun, can you pick up where u left off from home?

Get in there pronto - get your stuff and carry on from home - hey no rent to pay so thats a bonus.

Chin up chick these things are set to try us.

Amb x

I am so sorry to hear this shelley, a similar thing happened to me. Chin up and when these things happen I tend to think something good is round the corner.....keeps me sane anyhow!!!

Very unfair of them to do this to you in such a way.

Sam

Aww Shelley what a bum, they could have done the decent thing and given you more notice, your hubby is right they would have known this waas on the cards. Ring your clients ASAP, can you go mobile for a week or so?
I don't really know what to suggest apart from try and keep your chin up and good luck, but don't forget DO go and get your bits from down there cos to lose all that too would be an added nightmare.

That is really really awful - no you most certainly don't go bankrupt over night!!! It's a long drawn out process and there are many steps to avoid this BUT definitely get them to come to your house... ring as many as you can and put a note in the window if you can?!

Thnigs do happen for a reason and you never know, something ten times better may just turn up.

xxx

Oh Shelley how awful for this to happen to you hun:hug:
Get that home salon sorted asap - you've got the clients now. Hope you can find somewhere else. I'm really gutted for you x

they will have known a while ago get your stuff out asap and phone your clients good luck

:hug: Sometimes when we think the world is going to end, voila something else turns up when you least expect. It's hard to see things positively when these things hit us like a thunderbolt, but often it forces us to really take stock and see the business from a fresh approach. Phone your clients now and explain the situation, they may even hold off until next week when you have your home salon sorted.

At least you haven't gone bankrupt and have all the problems that that incurs. :hug: Sadly, I think quite a few salons will be going under in the next 12 months. So glad I didn't open mine in the end.

Arrrr, shelley!!!

:hug::hug: 4 u!!!

Can you not do mobile for a while until you get things sorted, it's probly not the best situation but it still brings you some money in while you get something else sorted.

I know you must feel gutted, but remember things happen for a reason!!! (sorry, I know that's not really what you wanted to hear!!)

Try ringing your ladies and explain what's gone on and ask them whether you could perhaps go to their house!!!

Have you tried ringing all the other salons in your area to see whether they have any room for you!?

hth, cheer up chicken!!!
:hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MINKUS said:
shelly babes that is such a bummer.

At least you have your clients record cards dont you?

I know it must be gutting when it was all going so well for you hun, can you pick up where u left off from home?

Get in there pronto - get your stuff and carry on from home - hey no rent to pay so thats a bonus.

Chin up chick these things are set to try us.

Amb x
Yeah ive got client records, i will be ringing everyone tomorrow (dont work tuesdays either) - i need today to let it sink in!!

The thing is before i moved here i was so low & down on myself & since moving & getting the room i started feeling good about myself & worth somthing again! i dont want to start feeling crap again xxxx

How horrible

why dont you think about taking the business over - I am sure that the receivers can give you some advice on this one.

You never know this happening to them could do you a big favour!

Also i cant drive (yet) so cant do much mobile work.

x

Aww Shelley hun.

Its not good that they did not give you notice! I would be a bit peed' off at that!

I'm sure your clients will understand, and if you explain it to them that its the salon that is causing them any inconvenience(sp?) and not you, it will work in your favour!

Like amb said - these things are sent to try us, and I'm sure you will get another opportunity soon! You never know whats around the corner, and this might have had to happen for you to come across something even better!

:hug: to you hun, things can only get better! xxxx

oey said:
How horrible

why dont you think about taking the business over - I am sure that the receivers can give you some advice on this one.

You never know this happening to them could do you a big favour!
i wouldnt want my own salon lol & also my hubby is in the army so we move around xxx

Its a set back Shelley ... but it may be a blessing in disguise in the long run.
Don't be down on yourself Shelley, look to the positives .. you got this salon up and running in no time and got clients coming through the door and returning for your work. Your skills are what they are coming back for, so bare this in mind hun.

It must be heart breaking for you after setting up such a sweet little salon but you can do it again, be it annoying and time consuming, just stay positive hun. Its a sh*t trick these people have played on you, but its not going to get you anywhere dwelling on it and putting yourself down.

I hope you get something sorted really soon love and in the intrim I am sure your clients will stay loyal after the treatment you have received. Good luck and keep us informed how you get on please. :hug::hug:

AAwww that is awfull what has happend to you sorry to hear about it, everyone is right you dont go bankrupt over night it is usually a long drawn out process they have known for sometime but probably hav,nt handled it properly, not very proffesional of them to give you a days notice thats for sure.
I would suggest you go mobile or work from home for a while I have been doing it for 3 years now and am in the process of working from home on a permanant basis, its alot better for one you are your own boss, pick and choose when you want to work etc, as long as you are confident on going sole trade and can do your own accounts your half way there anyway as you already have a good clientel so go on give it a try until something else comes up. everyone is right things happen for a reason

Good Luck
paula:hug:

Shelly hun i'm so sorry for you:hug: :hug:

Just like everyone else says really - it's probably going to be the best thing to happen in the end - these things happen for a reason.

Get cracking and sort out a room at home & get your stuff outta there pronto!

Good luck, i'm sure your clients will understand. xxxx

Latest posts

Back