IBX customer's nails all breaking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it looks like you've done nothing to the nails when finished but it's just not about the here and now, the product penetrates and doesn't just sit on top. Some treatments, whether professional or DIY often need more than one application and some faith. I always warn my clients that they are not going to be blown away with the final look of they nails ie; glossy, but it'll look mostly like we've done nothing and they'll need to trust me and the product in the fact that it is really doing something.

As for the timings, they've come down now to 4mins initially and 2 for subsequent treatments, so less faffing and when you've done it a few times its so simple.

I don't think a hair dryer is too bad, many therapists use them to do wraps and no one seems to criticise them. There are other possibilities too, ebay have lots of infra red lamps at reasonable prices.

Don't write it off yet hun, you've spent the money so give it a chance.

Karaxxx

Thanks Kara il bare with it, I have to after how much it's cost me!!! I was merely expressing my annoyance at having to purchase an additional piece of equipment if this is to become professional & efficient to offer to my clients! Many thanks for not being patronising at my lack of knowledge on purchasing the product that I read about in a magazine! Much appreciated, some aren't so polite :) x I'm hoping after all this it helps my nails more so than anyone!

Well I don't know about you but I did a bit of research and made sure it was compatible with equipment I already had before ordering it. Plenty of info on this site. Once I had established I could use it with my CND UV lamp and my CND Minx lamp, I got it in.

Still don't know what the faff is. Quite simple and just a case of having 2 lamps. And although the initial session takes 25 mins, each subsequent one is 10-15mins, start to finish.

How many applications have you done on yourself and your mother and what was the original state of your nails?

I didn't read this site I purchased off of the article in scratch so yes I admit my fault as I assumed it was just LED I'm sure with a heat lamp it would be far more effective and not a faff but holding a hair dryer for 10 mins over the hand making sure u get the thumb too in an awkward crab position isn't what I 'personally' class as effective and efficient and know my clients will not be arsed with it no matter how good it is for ur nails!
It looks like I will have to purchase additional equipment if I'm to offer this out to clients but until I have seen results on myself & my mother I will be holding off doing so.

I have no problem using my hair dryer, a lot of tools are used for different jobs.

Some of the metal cuticle pushers look a lot like or, are the same as dentist tools.

I think it is very forward thinking of Famous Nails to bring out something that can be used with something nearly 100 % of people have.

One minute people complain that they need to spend money & use the same lamp as the manufacturers recommend then others are unhappy that they don't need to spend money buying another lamp for another product - personally I thank Famous Nails for bringing out something that can be used with all hair dryers & compatable with everyone's UV or LED Lamp. X

If Famous Names had insisted every customer buy an heat lamp there would have been the usual complaints. I personally don't like a hairdryer either but there are plenty of alternatives that many technicians already have.

I must admit this surprised me too as after all the discussions on here about the use of proper lamps that have been tested with the technology in terms of product performance, I would expect that a professional product such as this would have one. Although I found reference to the lamp Linda mentioned I cannot find anywhere to buy it. I expect a pro product to be just that and complete in every way.

After asking Linda about the drying process I assume that in which way anyone dries the product it cannot be impaired in anyway, which was my initial thought in terms of the differing reactions of technicians. However from a brand point of view in salons I would have thought this would have added to its professionalism.

The only thing I have against IBX is............my clients are going a week longer between appointments & they are mainly still all intact.

Only joking, I am happy they can go longer without breakages, it makes me look better! X

Thanks Kara il bare with it, I have to after how much it's cost me!!! I was merely expressing my annoyance at having to purchase an additional piece of equipment if this is to become professional & efficient to offer to my clients! Many thanks for not being patronising at my lack of knowledge on purchasing the product that I read about in a magazine! Much appreciated, some aren't so polite :) x I'm hoping after all this it helps my nails more so than anyone!

Isn't it always worth doing a bit of research before buying a new product? I don't think it is entirely fair being 'annoyed' if you didn't do this.

The outlay is minimal when there are 60+ applications that £5-15 can be charged (depending on your existing menu).

Reading through the replies I'm not sure where there has been any patronising answers nor impoliteness? All (including me) have given their opinions just like you.

If you don't have a desk lamp that has a traditional bulb then many have recommended an £8 heat lamp on this site. After the first application and with some type of heat source (rather than a hairdryer) the full application is 10mins

One way to cut the time down is by doing both hands at once under the heat source, I do this with my minx lamp. I also bought a cheapish (£50 approx.) LED lamp just for use with IBX, I didn't have to as I could use my existing CND lamp but I thought it was worth the investment and the time saved, it now takes me 7mins for a first application and 5mins afterwards.

Karaxxx

I think I will just ring the supplier Monday rather than continue with this thread as to many vary opinions on this occasion with such a new product. Take this how u may with ur varying opinions but I'm out! Enjoy ur IBX I shall reserve judgement until I see result before even mentioning to my clients and until I have it nailed and a professional looking set up to offer and be as quick as possible.

I think a couple of us are still waiting for an answer to the overuse question. If linda could answer this?
And also for those saying if its not broke why fix it (because I used on healthy nails). This is advertised as an insurance policy under gel polish (ie to stop healthy nails drying out and becoming damaged)
Are you suggesting that if used on healthy nails I am causing a problem then??

I think a couple of us are still waiting for an answer to the overuse question. If linda could answer this?
And also for those saying if its not broke why fix it (because I used on healthy nails). This is advertised as an insurance policy under gel polish (ie to stop healthy nails drying out and becoming damaged)

I will leave the first part for Linda, but I didn't say using it on healthy nails would cause any problems...I just don't see the point.

One way to cut the time down is by doing both hands at once under the heat source, I do this with my minx lamp. I also bought a cheapish (£50 approx.) LED lamp just for use with IBX, I didn't have to as I could use my existing CND lamp but I thought it was worth the investment and the time saved, it now takes me 7mins for a first application and 5mins afterwards.

Karaxxx

I do the UV cure both hands at once as well. If you have the CND lamp as I do, you can take out the bottom bit to make more room, get the client to put one hand on top of the other and bring one hand down an inch or so so that all nails are exposed, then stick them in together. Careful of the thumbs. Only the largest of hands won't fit.

Last edited:

These are the nails of Natascha, a client who started with a nail-biters arrangement. That contains 6 appointments in 9 weeks. After that here nails where still short, bendy and weak. The nails on the left are at the start from the nail biters arrangement. that was august 2013. We never heard of IBX, so after the arrangement, we continued with acrylic enhancements and gel polish. Natascha wasn't biting, but fiddling at het nails 24H/24H :twisted: I see her every 3 weeks and occasionally she had 'lost' a nail.... End of januari i recieved my IBX. I soaked of her acrylics, and gave 3 weekly IBX treatments with Vinylux, then we did an IBX treatment evry three weeks (with gel polish). on the right side are Natascha's nails today. (The cut in one of them is from a knife) They are strong, flexible and she goes 3 weeks with het gel polish without a problem.

Natascha isn't my only succes-story, but my first clients who started. Others aren't using it for 3 months in a row yet, this is why i wanted to share Natascha's nails.
picture.php

Sorry all, I am traveling for a few weeks and I need my memory refreshed on the question. IBX is not meant be used more than once a week when getting started, as nails become healthier, we then switch to once every 2 weeks. For natural nails the goal is to do an IBX treatment every. 3 weeks to maintain healthy natural nails.

Under gel polish IBX helps to eliminate the possibility of delamination and white spots that sometime occur. If your client doesn't get this , and you want To just promote stronger nails , then there is no need for Repair, you can just use IBX for strength.

I hope this helps and if I didn't answer the question, please send me the original and I will try and answer ASAP.

Sorry all, I am traveling for a few weeks and I need my memory refreshed on the question. IBX is not meant be used more than once a week when getting started, as nails become healthier, we then switch to once every 2 weeks. For natural nails the goal is to do an IBX treatment every. 3 weeks to maintain healthy natural nails.

Under gel polish IBX helps to eliminate the possibility of delamination and white spots that sometime occur. If your client doesn't get this , and you want To just promote stronger nails , then there is no need for Repair, you can just use IBX for strength.

I hope this helps and if I didn't answer the question, please send me the original and I will try and answer ASAP.

Just to confirm- For under gel polish just one coat of IBX ( not repair) is enough for nails once healthy?

What's a nail biters arrangement Conny sorry if I sound a bit thick😜

Just to confirm- For under gel polish just one coat of IBX ( not repair) is enough for nails once healthy?

Yes, Repair is used for specific nail damage, if your client doesn't have white spots, the you can definately use one coat of IBX for ongoing treatments.

I think I will just ring the supplier Monday rather than continue with this thread as to many vary opinions on this occasion with such a new product. Take this how u may with ur varying opinions but I'm out! Enjoy ur IBX I shall reserve judgement until I see result before even mentioning to my clients and until I have it nailed and a professional looking set up to offer and be as quick as possible.

I totally respect and understand how you feel. If you have a chance visit Famous Names Facebook page where nail techs are posting their before and after pictures, it may help you to understand what IBX actually does better.

Ive been using IBX on 4 natural nails clients for the last 3 weeks and had great super speedy results on two of them and much slower results on the other two. I use a nail polish dryer with heat setting and my CND lamp to cure. As previous people have said every ones nails are different. I've yet to try it on anyone with shellac due to timings but I have a few booked in the next few weeks so will be interested to see the results and now I have just read for clients without damage with shellac we only need one coat of IBX then this will certainly speed up the process :wink2:
Here's my pics after two applications...

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 593
Ok so I have been seeing some amazing results with IBX however a lady who had it 2 weeks ago (no shellac or polish applied on top) has cancelled her appointment for tomorrow as she said it has made her nails worse! Breaking and splitting more than normal?
Why could this be? I'm limited on details as I didn't do the treatment nor speak to her on the phone....

What's a nail biters arrangement Conny sorry if I sound a bit thick😜

Conny is talking about a nail bitters program that she offers, quite a few techs offer one to help stop clients from biting their nails.

Latest posts

Back