IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered the duo pack!! can't wait to try it out!:D:D:D:D:D

Just ordered the duo pack!! can't wait to try it out!:D:D:D:D:D

ME TOO EEeek hehe I literally just got my shipment confirmation and I am super excited :D I have got a huge list of clients waiting to get in... which just about puts me over my capacity

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought it wasn't launched yet???!!

Plus the techniques not really clarified yet?! I wish the correct info would be posted, feeling a little bewildered by the scraps of info.

I think Canada have been able to order not in the uk ...... Go girls nice to see you getting something first for a change xxx

I thought the same as you- hardly want to be using a hair dryer for 5 mins! Unprofessional and clients don't have the time! Interested to see if this gets clarified for us :)

Yep it definitely says in scratch mag that you heat for 5 mins with either a minx lamp or hair dryer then cure afterwards and wipe away any residue. Who's gonna want to sit there gore 5 mins blowing a hair dryer on the nails though?! Gonna look really naff!

Yep it definitely says in scratch mag that you heat for 5 mins with either a minx lamp or hair dryer then cure afterwards and wipe away any residue. Who's gonna want to sit there gore 5 mins blowing a hair dryer on the nails though?! Gonna look really naff!

Exactly what I was thinking! Sounds an amazing product and I have clients who are crying out for something like this, but really need to be clear on how to apply before I buy!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

So which would you use on nails prone to delamination? They sound pretty much the same thing really
IBX repair is the product that is used for delamination, splitting and peeling! Repair acts like sticky tape to hold the layers together, we apply IBX over top for the strength.

The heat source is your choice, ideally a table lamp with a 75-100 watt bulb suffices, if you have the Minx heat that will work! the blow dryer is an alternative.

IBX repair is the product that is used for delamination, splitting and peeling! Repair acts like sticky tape to hold the layers together, we apply IBX over top for the strength.
Remember you are only hewing parts of the application process, the FULL directions are in the box. It is only the first application that requires 5 minutes under the heat.

I may have missed if this has been clarified but I'll ask anyway.

With IBX, when providing a shellac service, will smoothing gel still be fine to add. I'll assume it is given IBX doesn't give the polish any support, certainly not in the beginning. Only the nail itself. Miracles don't happen overnight! Same question for sculpting gel (brisa lite).

Ideally this product will repair the natural nail to a position where hopefully smoothing gel won't be needed to give extra support or surface. Otherwise adding this price on top of smoothing prices on top a normal shellac may get pricey for clients.

Just my thoughts out loud.
IBX is to be used before your smoothing gel applicator and gel polish.

The heat source is your choice, ideally a table lamp with a 75-100 watt bulb suffices, if you have the Minx heat that will work! the blow dryer is an alternative.

Not sure about this one- just seems very unprofessional and time consuming. Not what I was expecting really. I don't think ill rush to order which is a shame as I too have clients who would really benefit from it :-(

So you would use both one after the other for weak, peeling nails?

I want to let you know that I will be at The Excel Show in London in February for the launch of IBX in the UK and would love the opportunity to show you all how IBX works and answer all of your question! I look forward to meeting you all!

So you would use both one after the other for weak, peeling nails?
Yes. IBX Repair will bond the delamination and the actual strength and protection comes from IBX.

So, are we any clearer at all on whether you can use the CND lamp to dry the product, and if so, for how long??

Sorry for seemingly being sceptic. The product itself sounds fantastic. Just will wait to find out more info about it and see the application process etc. would definitely be a great service to add for clients with problem nails.

Yes. IBX Repair will bond the delamination and the actual strength and protection comes from IBX.

Thank you. But does that mean you have to dry each application for 5 mins each? Thus have to dry them with the hairdryer for 10mins total?

So, are we any clearer at all on whether you can use the CND lamp to dry the product, and if so, for how long??

Earlier in the thread they said it has been tested ok to cure with the cnd lamp. However, you still need to blowdry them for 5 mins first BEFORE curing regardless if you use the cnd lamp or led lamp

Thank you. But does that mean you have to dry each application for 5 mins each? Thus have to dry them with the hairdryer for 10mins total?

Would that mean apply the first product, use hair dryer then cure then second product then hair dryer and cure on both hands! . Would work out roughly 28 minutes roughly for both hands applying drying and curing both products? 2x 7 min application each hand?! 5 min dryer then 2 mins cure. 14 minutes per hand before you even start applying polish or art?! So confusing ay?!

Latest posts

Back