IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this product sounds innovative and amazing and I will definitely be adding it to my services.

One question though Marian as you have already been using these products for some time, I take it there is no problem in overusing them?
I see it uses IPN (inter penetrating polymer networks) to fuse the nail together, but does that mean it is adding crosslinks to the nail? I know some nail hardeners in the past have done this and with continual use could end up making the nail too hard and therefore more liable to breakage as they had no flexibility.
Possibly negating my own question here, but even if this was a possibility, as a professional use only product then it still leaves the pro in charge as to when it is no longer required ;)

I take it client feedback is fantastic :)

I don't believe it can be overused as it can only penetrate into spaces thAt are available. Excess is blotted. If someone's nails are in good shape the manufacturers recommend maintenance every few weeks. There is a 3D video coming to show what happens inside the nail

As to your other question , here's a clever part! You're right about fusing the lYers together causing a flexibility problem so brittle nails result. The IPN's fuse to themselves not the nail layers so flexibility is not compromised! Smart

I think this product sounds innovative and amazing and I will definitely be adding it to my services.

One question though Marian as you have already been using these products for some time, I take it there is no problem in overusing them?
I see it uses IPN (inter penetrating polymer networks) to fuse the nail together, but does that mean it is adding crosslinks to the nail? I know some nail hardeners in the past have done this and with continual use could end up making the nail too hard and therefore more liable to breakage as they had no flexibility.
Possibly negating my own question here, but even if this was a possibility, as a professional use only product then it still leaves the pro in charge as to when it is no longer required ;)

I take it client feedback is fantastic :)
I would like to answer this question----Nail Strenghteners from the past bonded with the keratin in the nail plate and that is the reason the nail eventually became so brittle. IBX fuses together into the upper layers of the nail plate with the IPN's-it fuses with itself inside the nail plate not directly to the nail. So, IBX used correctly will not dry out the nail.

It's hard not to be sceptic when the application process sounds strange! I personally do think the product itself sounds amazing if it repairs like you say it does. Just put off by application ATM. I'm sure once it's fully launched it will be clear and fine. I'm not negative about it at all, I'm happy about it.
Any time you move on to new technology and new innovations you have to expect application to change a little. Remember this product is new and revolutionary and different. Once you start using IBX, it will seems extremely natural to you-I promise!

how quickly does it work? would a client see a difference after say 1 or two applications spaced a week apart?

I notice in the brochure a lot of the case studies are over a long period / many applications is that just an example of ongoing long term use or is repeated use necessary part of the process.

I know that this flurry of scattered information has caused a little bit of a ruckus for you all. We did not have intentions of IBX being announced like this. There are a couple of things that this happened before we thought they would, a Press Release was put out before it was supposed to and we had no idea The Scratch Article would come out before the actual launch.

We ask that you have some faith in Famous Names, this has been a 2 1/2 year project and we didn't release it until we knew that it worked!

IBX is simple and fast to apply and we believe you will be happy with the results you get!!!

See you all at The Excel show in London!

just seen the price.. very reasonable indeed :)

I emailed Loulla belle and they have sent me the price and an online brochure, I used the email provided in this thread x

The price has been posted on their facebook page

Received my email too :) Sounds amazing, hoping to go to excel to see it in the flesh before I buy but not sure I can go then :/ I will be getting this in, no doubt x

Flair arent getting it in, in Ireland :(

So which would you use on nails prone to delamination? They sound pretty much the same thing really

Two totally different functions. If a nail has delam, you would first treat it with Repair. After that, you apply IBX to create the IPN within the nail, which is where the toughness and strength come from.

Actually Flair is going to have it, we just have talked with them this week. It wont be until probably March as we are just getting them setup, but they will have it.

how quickly does it work? would a client see a difference after say 1 or two applications spaced a week apart?

I notice in the brochure a lot of the case studies are over a long period / many applications is that just an example of ongoing long term use or is repeated use necessary part of the process.
As with any product, the results depend on the nail that you start with. Heavily damaged nails will obviously take longer. Some of the nails you saw in the brochure were extreme cases (that is why we used them) and others weren't quite so extreme, so to answer your questions every nail is different and that is where you will prescribe how often they get a treatment.

In the brochure it says first application takes longer than subsequent applications (and first application is more expensive) why is this? Do you use less product on subsequent applications? even if they may be a good 3 or 4 weeks apart?

Do any medications reduce the effectiveness of IBX? I was thinking along the lines of people going through certain cancer treatments which can have unpleasant and painful effects on the nail - would IBX assist in preventing and/or reducing the damage?

Edited to add: along those same lines are there any contraindications to using IBX?

With a bit of luck one of the Nordstorm family will see this post,or those at Louella Belle..maybe even Marian if we are lucky and answer these questions..

I think they already have - ^ Lindabuffet I believe is Linda Nordstrom!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back