IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can it be feb already please! I have already customers signing up for it!

Can it be feb already please! I have already customers signing up for it!

Me too. Wonder what the retail price is & also what we will charge clients who want/need it on top of there current Shellac price?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you put IBX on 1st then complete the whole Shellac service; ie use the base coat or do you not need to do the base & just go straight on with the colour coats?

Karaxxx

Do you put IBX on 1st then complete the whole Shellac service; ie use the base coat or do you not need to do the base & just go straight on with the colour coats?

Karaxxx

Just from reading the Article I would think you still use your complete system including basecoat, after all it says the IBX completely absorbs into the nail leaving no residue on the nail surface.

I emailed yesterday and this is the reply I got. Not sure it really clarifies about the CND lamp though, which I specifically asked about:

"The official launch of IBX will be at London's Excel Beauty Show in February however if you havent done so already please feel free to register on our website so that you are added to our system and receive future newsletters from us which include new product launches and updates.

This way you will be the first to know when it becomes available.

IBX Repair is an intense treatment to target imperfections and weaknesses that prevent natural nails from growing long. Also used to improve nail plate integrity under any Gel Polish Coating.

IBX is a penetrating toughening agent that fuses together the nail's top layers to keep your nails strong so that they grow long! Also used to improve nail plate integrity under any Gel Polish Coating.

We will have an introductory offer price of £xxxx +vat for the Duo Pack and you would be expected to charge an additional £3-5 for this treatment on top of your standard gel mani price."

The products need to be 'set' with a heat source for 5 minutes ( Nail Polish drier, 75-100 watt light, Minx heat lamp, hairdryer) and then
Cure under an LED for up to 1 min (cure for same time as your chosen gel polish)

So which would you use on nails prone to delamination? They sound pretty much the same thing really

SO this isn't going to be stocked by Sweet Squared?

SO this isn't going to be stocked by Sweet Squared?

If you read through the thread right from post 3 you will see it is Louella Belle that are the UK distributors for this product. It is mentioned several times after that, and even the Article from Scratch magazine is posted with full details of the distributor.

If you read through the thread right from post 3 you will see it is Louella Belle that are the UK distributors for this product. It is mentioned several times after that, and even the Article from Scratch magazine is posted with full details of the distributor.
Sorry I got the ideas from this thread
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/244595-cnd-geeks-something-special-coming.html
that it was going to be an S2 product. Us CND geeks will just have to suck up the delivery cost :(

I may have missed if this has been clarified but I'll ask anyway.

With IBX, when providing a shellac service, will smoothing gel still be fine to add. I'll assume it is given IBX doesn't give the polish any support, certainly not in the beginning. Only the nail itself. Miracles don't happen overnight! Same question for sculpting gel (brisa lite).

Ideally this product will repair the natural nail to a position where hopefully smoothing gel won't be needed to give extra support or surface. Otherwise adding this price on top of smoothing prices on top a normal shellac may get pricey for clients.

Just my thoughts out loud.

From what I have read IBX is the beginning of your treatment. As it sinks into the nail plate and cannot be visibly seen on the nail (i.e., no shine etc) you then carry on with your base coat, CND BLSMg or BLScG etc then colour then topcoat and your client is good to go! The normal IBX is for those that suffer with weak nails that can't seem to grow them - so this fortifies them - allowing growth and to become strong. The IBX Repair is for delaminated, vertical split nails. This is more of an intense treatment as it needs to be cured for longer.

Now if I have this wrong, I am more than happy to be put straight!:hug:

I have been following closely and I eant to know when it is coming to Canada? If it is? And if anyone knows who will supply it? As of today none of my suppliers know anything about it :(

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't we all have to pay delivery costs? Have I missed something?
I mean that it will be the only thing we buy from there if we're CND girls, if it were stocked at S2 it would go in with my order above the free delivery limit, but I'm unlikely to make an order of £150 of just IBX (at least I hope it's not that expensive lol)

I mean that it will be the only thing we buy from there if we're CND girls, if it were stocked at S2 it would go in with my order above the free delivery limit, but I'm unlikely to make an order of £150 of just IBX (at least I hope it's not that expensive lol)

I get you. Although I'm a Gelish user myself so I never get the free delivery from S2 anyway. It's a nightmare for ordering a small amount of vinylux for me, so I guess we're all penalised at some point.

Would any particular client require both IBX & IBX Repair, together in the same treatment or is it only either IBX or IBX repair?

& if the answer is both - would you charge £6-£10 for the one treatment?

I emailed yesterday and this is the reply I got. Not sure it really clarifies about the CND lamp though, which I specifically asked about

The products need to be 'set' with a heat source for 5 minutes ( Nail Polish drier, 75-100 watt light, Minx heat lamp, hairdryer) and then
Cure under an LED for up to 1 min (cure for same time as your chosen gel polish)

So, forgive me if I'm being a bit simple here, but reading that, you have to set with a heat source first, then cure?? They only heat source I have out of those listed is a hair dryer. Not keen on that idea. I presume it can't just be cured in the CND lamp without the heat first? Does that make sense? Confused! 😕

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I have been following closely and I eant to know when it is coming to Canada? If it is? And if anyone knows who will supply it? As of today none of my suppliers know anything about it :(

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Nova Beauty :: Welcome this is a famous names official distributor in BC. it's the closest to you as the other one is here in quebec :p

Nova Beauty :: Welcome this is a famous names official distributor in BC. it's the closest to you as the other one is here in quebec :p

Oooh I can totally deal with ordering from BC :) Thank You so very much. I have sent all the relevant info on to my major supplier to see if they can do something to become distributors for Alberta :D Doesn't hurt to try lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

So, forgive me if I'm being a bit simple here, but reading that, you have to set with a heat source first, then cure?? They only heat source I have out of those listed is a hair dryer. Not keen on that idea. I presume it can't just be cured in the CND lamp without the heat first? Does that make sense? Confused! 😕

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought the same as you- hardly want to be using a hair dryer for 5 mins! Unprofessional and clients don't have the time! Interested to see if this gets clarified for us :)

Latest posts

Back