IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would that mean apply the first product, use hair dryer then cure then second product then hair dryer and cure on both hands! . Would work out roughly 28 minutes roughly for both hands applying drying and curing both products? 2x 7 min application each hand?! 5 min dryer then 2 mins cure. 14 minutes per hand before you even start applying polish or art?! So confusing ay?!

Blimey yeah! It would add miles too much time on. This product sounds amazing but we need clearer info (not full instructions are in the box) to see if its actually worth the extra time and money

I'm confused so I will wait till it's launched (even though I can't go to show) I'm hoping for you lovely geeks to let me know x

Blimey yeah! It would add miles too much time on. This product sounds amazing but we need clearer info (not full instructions are in the box) to see if its actually worth the extra time and money

Glad you could follow my way of working it out! Sounds like a long process! Plus a hot hand for the client! Surely that has health issues? To sensitive skin clients also?! Gah I don't know, running before we have the facts probably. Just all seems odd :)

It doesnt sound confusing at all :) Seems a fairly easy to grasp concept but I will know more as soon as I can see a rep for some 1-2-1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

lindabuffet - Would any particular client require both IBX & IBX Repair, together in the same treatment or is it only either IBX or IBX repair?

& if the answer is both - would you charge £6-£10 for the one treatment?

Also would you still do the PH bond between the IBX & Foundation gel or would you emit that part?

Last edited:
Thank you. But does that mean you have to dry each application for 5 mins each? Thus have to dry them with the hairdryer for 10mins total?
No. The only time you need to put under heat for 5 minutes is on the very first application, after that the heat time is 3 minutes.

lindabuffet - Would any particular client require both IBX & IBX Repair, together in the same treatment or is it only either IBX or IBX repair?

& if the answer is both - would you charge £6-£10 for the one treatment?

Also would you still do the PH bond between the IBX & Foundation gel or would you emit that part?
We will be using IBX Repair and IBX both when applying gel polish, the reason is that repair will help eliminate the white spots that occur on the nails during the soak off of gel polish. The only time you would use Repair on a natural nail is if they had delamination, splitting or peeling on the free edge. Repair would be used ONLY into the delamination to seal it and then we will apply IBX over top of that for strength.

Glad you could follow my way of working it out! Sounds like a long process! Plus a hot hand for the client! Surely that has health issues? To sensitive skin clients also?! Gah I don't know, running before we have the facts probably. Just all seems odd :)
The heat you are using is not hot-only the heat of a 75 or 100 Watt bulb. The first application you apply to your customer is an extra 15 minutes, after that for ongoing take under 10 minutes. The great part of this is that our customers will benefit by having stronger nails.

IBX has not been launched yet, once launched the instructions will be very easy to follow. Please stop by and see me at The Louella Belle booth at The Excel Show and I will show you the entire application and answer any questions you may have. I look forward to meeting you all!

Earlier in the thread they said it has been tested ok to cure with the cnd lamp. However, you still need to blowdry them for 5 mins first BEFORE curing regardless if you use the cnd lamp or led lamp
not necessarily blow drying-using a table lamp with a 75-100 Watt bulb does the trick.

just received an awesome brochure on how these products work. pretty cool. tried uploading but the file is just too large :(

Goodness! What a mix of total scepticism and excitement!

It's rare that I totally get behind a new product and I can assure you that I have no financial gain in this (for the sceptics). I can tell you that I am blown away by the technology and results of this product!

It solves so many of the commonly seen nail conditions that result in service breakdown (even chipping polish). It penetrates the nail plate and repairs and protects the nail against most nail services. It is not visible following the treatment. It is IN the nail plate. And that's where it stays.

There are no extra equipment costs if you provide a gel polish or shellac service. A desk lamp (that has any heat) or a Minx/IR will provide the heat part and any LED UV or CND lamp will provide the cure. A hair dryer will do but I, personally, do not like that option.

The additional time involved is minimal but the improvement in the repair and/or protection of the natural nail is phenomenal!

Every client is a potential IBX client at a minimal additional cost.

Instead of being so sceptical wait and see what IBX has to offer. There is no hidden agenda of sales of expensive equipment! Just amazing advanced technology at a VERY reasonable price for professionals ONLY.

I am about to launch a high profile, high end salon collaboration in Central London and IBX is a key service because IT WORKS and solves so many nail issues.

I cannot believe some are moaning about postage costs! True pro products are mostly only available via the post! Actual products costs in the nail industry are a tiny % of the service. Why do technicians not put aside 5-10% of income to pay for all stock? Does no one do the exercise of COP ( cost of products) when creating their menu?

This is truly one of the most advanced products to come out of the pro industry. It will revolutionise how we can provide the best professional nail services as opposed to the DIY'ers.

Wait and see it! Or, just believe and trust in a VERY good company and give it a go at very little cost!

It's rare that I totally get behind a new product and I can assure you that I have no financial gain in this (for the sceptics). I can tell you that I am blown away by the technology and results of this product!

It solves so many of the commonly seen nail conditions that result in service breakdown (even chipping polish). It penetrates the nail plate and repairs and protects the nail against most nail services. It is not visible following the treatment. It is IN the nail plate. And that's where it stays.

There are no extra equipment costs if you provide a gel polish or shellac service. A desk lamp (that has any heat) or a Minx/IR will provide the heat part and any LED UV or CND lamp will provide the cure. A hair dryer will do but I, personally, do not like that option.

The additional time involved is minimal but the improvement in the repair and/or protection of the natural nail is phenomenal!

Instead of being so sceptical wait and see what IBX has to offer. There is no hidden agenda of sales of expensive equipment! Just amazing advanced technology at a VERY reasonable price for professionals ONLY.

I am about to launch a high profile, high end salon collaboration in Central London and IBX is a key service because IT WORKS and solves so many nail issues.

I cannot believe some are moaning about postage costs! True pro products are mostly only available via the post! Actual products costs in the nail industry are a tiny % of the service. Why do technicians not put aside 5-10% of income to pay for all stock? Does no one do the exercise of COP ( cost of products) when creating their menu?

This is truly one of the most advanced products to come out of the pro industry. It will revolutionise how we can provide the best professional nail services as opposed to the DIY'ers.

Wait and see it! Or, just believe and trust in a VERY good company and give it a go at very little cost!

If IBX is going to STAY PRO ONLY it sounds like just the thing we professionals need.

I think this product sounds innovative and amazing and I will definitely be adding it to my services.

One question though Marian as you have already been using these products for some time, I take it there is no problem in overusing them?
I see it uses IPN (inter penetrating polymer networks) to fuse the nail together, but does that mean it is adding crosslinks to the nail? I know some nail hardeners in the past have done this and with continual use could end up making the nail too hard and therefore more liable to breakage as they had no flexibility.
Possibly negating my own question here, but even if this was a possibility, as a professional use only product then it still leaves the pro in charge as to when it is no longer required ;)

I take it client feedback is fantastic :)

It's hard not to be sceptic when the application process sounds strange! I personally do think the product itself sounds amazing if it repairs like you say it does. Just put off by application ATM. I'm sure once it's fully launched it will be clear and fine. I'm not negative about it at all, I'm happy about it.

I can't wait to get my hands on this! Already teasing my clients...

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389254771.082812.jpg

It sounds amazing, my only concern is the time it take means its not a v profitable service..... Going off the brochure prices it suggests charging 10-15 dollars for 15min procedure, or 8-10 dollars for 10 min procedure - although on the same page it mentions it is only a 5 dollar upsell. Will wait for UK pricing model with great anticipation!!

I really can't wait it will be good for me and good for my clients
I am actually delighted for louella belle to be distributing this product they are a delightful company to work with. :)

Just ordered the duo pack!! can't wait to try it out!:D:D:D:D:D

Yah me too :D I should be getting it early next week! Can't wait...only question I have is can this also be used with a builder gel under gel polish? If that makes sense as I have clients that need the extra strength of a builder gel aswell....sounds amazing though, can't wait :D

Latest posts

Back