IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have my first ibx client today. She has extremely thin and some split nails and her shellac usually lasts anywhere between 7-10 days before peeling. We have decided to leave her natural for a while just using ibx. Do I use repair on all of her nails as they are so thin or just repair on the split nails? I'm sure this has been asked and I've read so many posts but can't remember what I have read now and what I haven't lol!! Thanks in advance

Hi I've looked through pages on this product but before I order I just want to check a couple of things !

1. Will my uv or led lamp work ?

2. Can I use an ordinary lamp with an ordinary bulb or hair dryer till I get a proper lamp ?

3. Will this product really my my tissue thin crap nails strong ?!

Yes to all questions x

Thank you, ordering tomorrow

It would be such a shame if it doesn't cure under UV as I have a couple of clients that it would be fab for!! But can't justify buying an LED lamp :(

Ive read on the IBX website you can cure under UV as per the same time for gel polish, so as I understand it you can use all 3 ways to cure.

So I have my first ibx client today. She has extremely thin and some split nails and her shellac usually lasts anywhere between 7-10 days before peeling. We have decided to leave her natural for a while just using ibx. Do I use repair on all of her nails as they are so thin or just repair on the split nails? I'm sure this has been asked and I've read so many posts but can't remember what I have read now and what I haven't lol!! Thanks in advance

Hi, could anyone answer this for me please. I did use Repair on all of her nails but im still unsure if I should have done this on the nails that weren't actually damaged just very thin!
Thank you

Hi, could anyone answer this for me please. I did use Repair on all of her nails but im still unsure if I should have done this on the nails that weren't actually damaged just very thin!
Thank you

Only use repair on damage unless you are applying gel polish, then you apply repair always hth :)

Only use repair on damage unless you are applying gel polish, then you apply repair always hth :)

Is IBX Repair being used all the time under Shellac application? Unsure if famous names are including Shellac when they advise to always use Repair under gel polish???

Is IBX Repair being used all the time under Shellac application? Unsure if famous names are including Shellac when they advise to always use Repair under gel polish???

Shellac would be treated the same as it has the same removal process of being soaked off which could cause dehydration.

Yes.
We don't need another discussion on whether Shellac is a gel polish, but I'm sure Famous Names are just trying to keep their instructions as simple as possible and using the term Gel polish as an umbrella term for all UV cured polishes.

The instructions are clear and simple, and we have been very lucky here to have Linda and Jim answering all our questions.
Who knew there would be so many :eek:

How're people getting on with ibx just in natural nails? I've been doing it on 2 of my friends with thin, flaky nails and whilst they think they feel a fraction stronger they are still breaking as soon as there's a tiny bit of free edge. They're both on their 3rd go and the results are really disappointing.

How're people getting on with ibx just in natural nails? I've been doing it on 2 of my friends with thin, flaky nails and whilst they think they feel a fraction stronger they are still breaking as soon as there's a tiny bit of free edge. They're both on their 3rd go and the results are really disappointing.

Although there are many nails that improve with the first application, not all will. If nails are naturally thin (as opposed to damaged) they will always be thin. By flaky do you mean they have delamination? If they are then use Repair as described only on the damage allowing it to seep into the layers. When you blot don't press hard as this will push the product back out. Then apply IBX over whole nail.

If the nails are naturally thin maybe they would benefit from Shellac or a gel polish as this gives a lot of strength and protection? If you do this remember to use both Repair and IBX over the whole nail on each application

Good luck

Although there are many nails that improve with the first application, not all will. If nails are naturally thin (as opposed to damaged) they will always be thin. By flaky do you mean they have delamination? If they are then use Repair as described only on the damage allowing it to seep into the layers. When you blot don't press hard as this will push the product back out. Then apply IBX over whole nail.

If the nails are naturally thin maybe they would benefit from Shellac or a gel polish as this gives a lot of strength and protection? If you do this remember to use both Repair and IBX over the whole nail on each application

Good luck

Thanks for the reply. Yes they have delamination at the free edge. I have been using repair exactly as you've described. They're on their 3rd go now with barely any results so they're not going to bother with it anymore.

Thanks for the reply. Yes they have delamination at the free edge. I have been using repair exactly as you've described. They're on their 3rd go now with barely any results so they're not going to bother with it anymore.

I noticed, with extree thin natural nails, that IBX alone is not enough to grow a free edge without problems. My nails are extremely thin ;-) I had hard gel and acrylics on for around 15 tot 20 years. With ibx i can go with only gelpolish, and a free edge of 5mm. The one day i left my nails naked (after 4 weekly IBX treatments, followed by CND Brisa Lite Smoothing gel & Vinylux, i smack my pinkie in the shower, losing my free edge :-( A very thin nail will get stronger, delamination was stopped, but my stronger nails are still to thin to do without a little extra protection.

Just had to share these beauties! The transformation happened before my eyes! Love This Product!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397391398.311830.jpg

Good luck

I have asked the question twice, will my paper thin nails appear stronger and both times I have been assured they will def be much stronger ???

I have asked the question twice, will my paper thin nails appear stronger and both times I have been assured they will def be much stronger ???

Well my 2 friends with paper thin nails didn't get decent results.

Jury is still out for me, two of my clients had it under gelish one peeled within a couple of days when it normally lasts at least 2 weeks, the other one has as few that peeled but she thinks its her job. l have it on under gelish and its fine, so does my mum and one client has been having it on natural nails. I will what mine and my mums are like on removal and go from there. I'm not giving up yet!

The client that peeled has had it again to see if its any better, if not she won't be having it again. I'll post back how hers go x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think people are forgetting how different each person's nails are, lifestyle, diets, medications, damage, etc... that each person gets different results at different intervals.
Patience and maintenence is key in some cases. You simply cannot base your conclusion that a product isn't effective of off 3 clients every 2-3 weeks, an example.
I have profiles on 73 clients with IBX ranging from weekly applications to every 3 weeks. Some have amazing lasting results from the very 1st treatment and then there are people that see an improvement after a 14th application once a week...
Believe in the product and its capability, do not give clients false promises and explain that ongoing weekly treatments are vital to success.
And every single one has seriously extended their Vinylux and Shellac wear, every single one.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back