Ideal World...I don't think so

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Zoo

Reaction score
I was just about to retire to bed and I happened to turn the TV over to Ideal World, the shopping channel on Sky.

AAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!! :evil: The 'Pick of the Day' is a Rio UV gel home kit. Turn your TV over and have a look at the state of the nails they are showing. I cannot believe that they think they are good.....!!!!!!

I don't know whether to laugh :D or cry :cry: . Here we go again....they are claiming gel is better for your nails :irked:

You guy's have to look.....my blood is boiling.....if you can paint on polish you can use this :smack:

They are claiming that the reason nail tech's wear masks is the monomer causes big sores around the nose :mad: and this gel has alot less chemicals in it :mad: :mad: :mad: and it allows your nails to breath :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish she would use the 'glue' to stick her mouth shut :biggrin:

All these statements are as true as my statement claiming to be a size 8 lol............
Good job that we as the professionals know better and then inturn can educate our clients............. clients that come to us and are not stupid enough to believe all that TV sale hype.................

Must dash, there is a nail emergency that requires mouth to nail resuscitation LMFAO (laughing my flippin backside off here )

yes, before i did my 'official' nail training, i began with a Neways gel kit (one of those home gel kits) the gel only stayed on for a few days so im sure any of these people who try home gel kits will soon be ging into the salsons saying "HELP, i have applied this gel and it wont stay on, look at my nails, they are wrecked, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And people wonder why we get so passionate when this mis imformation is quoted back to as and touted as FACT!

yes it pee'd me of abit to. I sat in disbelief watching it today. And the kak they were coming out with!!! Well people will buy the Rio kit, for that price of course they will!! but I bet you those nails will last all of a day!!
You cant beet a proffessional service and atthe end of the day surely it is better to have the client that would rather go for qaulity than cheapness.

Nikki said:
I wish she would use the 'glue' to stick her mouth shut :biggrin:
LMAO. There'd be a lot of stuck together mouths in this country if we could do this to all of the ill informed, non enlightened, ignoramouses that spout these messages. Guess these kits will go the way of home perms, to knackered keratin heaven!!

Did you notice that her left hand thumb extention was not there for the show. She was desperately trying to hide it but not successfully. I mean how silly are you to go on T.V in that manner. Best thing is that she claims to be a Salon owner. The girl hasn't got a clue and should be embarrassed. She even says she demos at all of the shows. Well I am yet to have seen her! I often watch the clips for fun now as she really is a complete muppet. I love it when people ask her technical questions and she hasn't a clue of what to say. See the demo's she even paints her own cuticles, and what nail varnish is she wearing it's awful, not even shiney.

LOL

I feel the need to join in on this one - I even feel qualified to comment as I am the embarassed former owner one of these kits...After reading the posts, i set aside time yesterday to watch this. Did anybody else notice that in 2 of the before shots, the fingers were intact yet in the after shots one of the fingers in each had cuts along the eponychium? (Presumably inflicted by the dippy technician?/sales rep with her rasp - oops! I meant file, of course.) I take back all previous comments made as to my own ability after viewing the end products - jeez - compared to those, I am already a professional. And...do you all run from the competition when you see her at trade shows? Didn't think so - unless you're all running from the embarassment of being associated with her.

Latest posts

Back