Illume Range any one tried it yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Mary

Reaction score
Hi
I was wandering if any Aussie Techs had tried the Illume Acrylic Range yet. Was interested in hearing any feedback, its attractively packaged and reasonably priced but would like to know what the product is like.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Rachel:green:

It's a fab range (and it's a sexy looking range), excellent packaging, liquid fab, pink powder great, files & buffers amazing (and cheap) there glosser would have to be the cheapest in the world...Hawleys is the major manufacturer here.
I don't care much for their tips, white powders not to my taste (buy may be to yours) Their cuticle remover "activate" is brilliant, you foam it up with a brush. Adhesives fab (they don't clog), nail prep "hydrofresh" is excellent (doesn't crack tips). Get a trial kits and see for yourself, i think you will be pleasantly surprised.

It's a fab range (and it's a sexy looking range), excellent packaging, liquid fab, pink powder great, files & buffers amazing (and cheap) there glosser would have to be the cheapest in the world...Hawleys is the major manufacturer here.
I don't care much for their tips, white powders not to my taste (buy may be to yours) Their cuticle remover "activate" is brilliant, you foam it up with a brush. Adhesives fab (they don't clog), nail prep "hydrofresh" is excellent (doesn't crack tips). Get a trial kits and see for yourself, i think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks Carl for your feedback, it really does look very nice. What was it about the white powders that you didnt like?
cheers
Rachel:green:

I tried to get a sample pack but they dont send to the uk (well the liquid) but might try a few of the other things mentioned.

Do they have a supplier in the states? Never ordered out of the county but how much would shipping be like? I want to try the activate specially after watching Nail Zoo's video's, which rock! Any other products out there like this?

just to add , their tips have all changed (as have their white powders) to a new range and are amazing, very nice str8 sidewalls, their prep "Hydrofresh" is absolutely amazing, as is the amxing foaming cuticle remover. I have a vid using their method Nail Zoo Video Page , no buffing of the natural nail at all .......... NONE, that has to be good for the nail

Illume is expanding and introducing innovative techniques and products all the time

Hi the Illume products look great in Carls video,
I tried to fill the form in to register,

Doh , it is only available to Australian geeks ,

maybe they will distribute over here in time I hope ,
I just love that scrubby nail foaming stuff ,
reminds me of a wet shave lol :hug: x

I found a online supplier that will sent it to the USA but the monomer has to be sent by sea.

Nailzoo, I love your video on the Illume fullset, will you be making one for a fill, the prep of the fill? I want to know how to do a fill not etching the natural nail like you did with the fullset.

I want to know how to do a fill not etching the natural nail like you did with the fullset.

I just prep as I normally would, then take the surface off the old acrylic with a 280 grit, prime, then fill.

Hello,

Sorry to bring back that old thread, but does anyone knows where to order the Illume system from Europe?

Hello,

Sorry to bring back that old thread, but does anyone knows where to order the Illume system from Europe?

It should be in Ireland within the next few weeks.

Yeah, but what about the UK mainland, strop strop strop:sad:

Maybe the irish distributor will ship to the UK (and hopefully to France).

It's coming to Europe, it's already a giant step!

I found a online supplier that will sent it to the USA but the monomer has to be sent by sea.

Nailzoo, I love your video on the Illume fullset, will you be making one for a fill, the prep of the fill? I want to know how to do a fill not etching the natural nail like you did with the fullset.
What is the website I really would like to purchase these products!!!

well thank god for people like nailzoo, i got a copy of this years beauty directory and seen the illume adsvertiseing, looks great, it sounds great, 20min infills! all i could think is i want some!but i was poorly dissapointed in the company, i rang them direct i couldnt get a trial or a distributor or a demonstration! i did get a referral to salon equip, who cant tell me anything about the product or how it works and once again no distributor or demo! i asked for a price list and they send me a list of products but no prices! and the hawley website is not yet up and running, i really want to try this product but no one seems to want to sell it to me!:mad:

well thank god for people like nailzoo, i got a copy of this years beauty directory and seen the illume adsvertiseing, looks great, it sounds great, 20min infills! all i could think is i want some!but i was poorly dissapointed in the company, i rang them direct i couldnt get a trial or a distributor or a demonstration! i did get a referral to salon equip, who cant tell me anything about the product or how it works and once again no distributor or demo! i asked for a price list and they send me a list of products but no prices! and the hawley website is not yet up and running, i really want to try this product but no one seems to want to sell it to me!:mad:

It always depends on distributors for products, there are many products without distributors in certain areas, if they dint have a distributor in your area, how can you possibly expect a demonstration? Try and get a demo of Creative, OPI, Entity etc .... you have to put in some effort as well, and often you have to go to them.......

Obviously if you have called them direct and they can not help you, then thats it, they cannot help you..... whinging online won't change that, many people are interested in the product, but can't get it. It takes time to build distributor confidence in a new product.

I really can't imagine why they wouldn't have told you about their Victorian distributor "Creativesnewedge" !!!!!!

They do have a distributor in Victoria acrylic nails wholesale,beauty salon supply,nail polish,gel nail,acrylic nails
Illume Product Range : cosmetics,beauty,nail design,nail care, nail art, manicure, pedicure to be precise, so i'm not sure if you asked the wrong questions, but it has been available for quite some time from here ...... although, they will try and flog you Entity..... although they used to be Creative Nail Design disciples..... dunno love, this company wants to keep all their bases covered.

Just as an example try typing into google search "illume nails victoria" and up it comes.

Did you go to the last nail show in Victoria ?

I really can't understand how they didn't help you, when the information is readily available for anyone truly interested tech/salon owner to search, look for.

The Illume trial kits are for sale (they don't give them away), this sorts out the cheapskates from the truly interested, ...... as their trial kits includes many of their products (including beautiful dappen dishes) you won't find this from any other distributor for such a reasonable price.

Last edited:
I'm truly amazed to see such terrific feedback on Illume. Unfortunately, where I went to school for nail tech, they had a Creative Educator teaching than switched over to Hawley, and we had nothing but problems with the product.

Either that or we got a dodgy batch of everything, things kept breaking, leaking, brushes falling apart, half our kits had to be sent back and then we still had problems with them when we got replacement.

As far as product, I guess it's ok to learn on, but in regards to quality, I really can't rate it. It's not too bad if you actually prep the nail like you would with most other acrylic lines, actually buffing the natural nail, they'll stay on then, but if you do it "The Hawley way" your nails don't last too long.

I do think that their pink acrylic powders have a nice finish to them, it's quite a delicate/natural colour.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I Just wanted to say that I have had a chance to trial Hawley Illume. It is a great product. I found the white brilliant to sculpt with and the pinks are lovely.
I have found Paula at Illume to be brilliant and very helpful to deal with. I saw her at the Sydney expo and she was only too happy to answer my million and one questions. She has always responded quickly to my emails (unless she was away teaching of course) Their website is great. Hawley International - online product catalogue
Bec688 how long ago did you train using Illume? Perhaps your educator didn't know how to get the best from the product.
I'm sorry but if Nailzoo gives it the thumbs up then that's good enough for me. He has experience with more products than any one I know and his work is awesome.

Latest posts

Back