Illumina

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will illumnia 8/1 cancel out my orange ends? Or can i add 0/88 mixtone?

It's not recommend that u mix koleston with illumina.
Illumina is a gel based colour.
Y don't u use 7/81 as a mixer tone. Put 5mls in with 30mls of 8/1 and it will cool ur hair down better without dropping in more depth.
I use 7/81 as a mix tone quite a lot. It can b a life saver

i have a client tomorrow that wants to try it Illumina. she's a natural level 5 with 25% gray mostly in the front. i do more of a gray blending on her rather than completely covering it up, and she really likes the results.

i've been using Color Touch 5/75 with 4% CT emulsion on her new growth then i use 6/75 with 1.9% on her mid-lengths and ends to refresh previous color. her mid-lengths and ends usually take the color darker bc they are more porous (we refresh the color all over every time, so there's already a lot of 5/75 built up in those strands).

i'm going to use the 5/7. to get more of the gray blending effect and keep the natural highs and lows in the hair should i use 1:1 with 4% or 1:2 with 1.9%?

Last edited:
You shouldn't be mixing colour touch or colour touch plus developer with permanent colour. You should only mix welloxon developer with illumina.
U can do a grey blending service with illumina. 1 part illumina + 2 parts pastel. Apply to dry hair and develop for 10 mins.

This won't give u the blend colour touch does but will certainly take the white look away.

Hey geeks new to illumnia do use wella normally, having to pre lighten ends of a client, so ill use natual on roots and ash on emds will this be an eeven result because i need to prelighten midlenghts? Also is it straight on with 6%?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey geeks new to illumnia do use wella normally, having to pre lighten ends of a client, so ill use natual on roots and ash on emds will this be an eeven result because i need to prelighten midlenghts? Also is it straight on with 6%?

If u pre lightening the ends then u won't nee 6% 3% or pastel id use ct tho ;)

Do a strand test and see as I'm scared of ash hahaa anything with ash I test first lol last time mg client turned green lol

Do a strand test and see as I'm scared of ash hahaa anything with ash I test first lol last time mg client turned green lol

Dont want to use colour touch as im using illumnia for roots as colour touch doesnt lighten either

Ok so ur going to bleach the ends and then u won't need 6% as ur only depositing colour so I think u can do it with pastel can't u?
I'm not 100% sure I'd use 3% but as wella doesn't do 3% I'd use pastel

Can you give us a bit more info on clients hair and what shades your looking at :)

You shouldn't be mixing colour touch or colour touch plus developer with permanent colour. You should only mix welloxon developer with illumina.
U can do a grey blending service with illumina. 1 part illumina + 2 parts pastel. Apply to dry hair and develop for 10 mins.

This won't give u the blend colour touch does but will certainly take the white look away.

Hey! I actually picked up the Illumina Technical Guide at my local supply store and here's the info:

TONING: 1 part Illumina to 2 parts 1.9% CT Emulsion or Pastel for 5-15 minutes

GRAY BLENDING/COLOR REFRESH: 1 part Illumina and 2 parts 1.9% CT Emulsion or Pastel for 10 min if gray blending/10-15 minutes for refreshing.

DEEPER RESULTS THAN ABOVE: 1 part Illumina to 1 part 4% CT Emulsion

GLOSSING SERVICE 1 part Illumina, 1 part 1.9% CT Emulsion, 1 part Wella Post Treatment

i actually just tried the glossing service on myself with Joico Cuticle Sealer (the post treatment for their color line), and it came out great and shiny!

Client natural base 7. Full head 12/0

Wanting low lights like pic,
Does this should ok.
Low lights 7/3 illumina fine weaves
8/ 2 parts 1 part 7/7, fine weaves
In between foils roots 10/ roots, mid length and ends 10/36.

She's fussy client want to try get spot on first time. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363471354.084218.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363471354.084218.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 12,752

Does this should ok.

Sounds ok. Just remember illumina is violet based an can appear at first glance

Does this should ok.

Hi Snaz,
Did you do this these colours and did it turn out like the picture?
Su

19274d1345638940t-illumina-imageuploadedbysalongeek1345638940.106455.jpg

Hi,
Currently my client has the above Illumina colours. She wants to, eventually return to her natural base 6, so I thought I would weave low lights to get her used to a gradual return. I was thinking about 7/3, 7/81 7/77 but not sure which colours to use for flooding? Am I thinking along the right lines??
Thank you.

Hi Susie
Sorry im not able to see your pic as cant open it :-( xx

Hi Susie
Sorry im not able to see your pic as cant open it :-( xx

Hi
Sorry this is the illumina leaflet pic and not very big! The formulas are:
First slice 9/60 with 9% on roots
and 10/36 with 12% on mid length and ends.
Drop slice
Next slice 9/60 with 9% on roots and 10/ with 12% on mid lengths and ends.
Remaining hair is 8/1 and 10/1 with9% on roots then 4parts 10/
1part 10/1 with12% on mid length and ends.
Does that help?
x

19274d1345638940t-illumina-imageuploadedbysalongeek1345638940.106455.jpg

Hi,
Currently my client has the above Illumina colours. She wants to, eventually return to her natural base 6, so I thought I would weave low lights to get her used to a gradual return. I was thinking about 7/3, 7/81 7/77 but not sure which colours to use for flooding? Am I thinking along the right lines??
Thank you.

Hi sue why not do ombré and she will beable to grow out her blonde.
No didn't do lowlights doing at weekend x

Anyone used the new illumina colours and Do u have pictures.
I got mine today yet to try.

Hi sue why not do ombré and she will beable to grow out her blonde.
No didn't do lowlights doing at weekend x

Hi
That's a thought. I showed her the pic in your post and she really likes it ,so would prefer the lowlights to be honest.
Thanks snaz
x

Hi wondering if anyone can help wanting to try illumina on my own hair. My hair is bleached up to about a 10 at the mo. wanting to go a lot warmer and a tad darker with it all really I'm thinking still keep some blonde though so foil some out and then tint in between with pastel through the ends. Just unsure on shades as I've never used it I'm naturally a base 6 xx

Hi wondering if anyone can help wanting to try illumina on my own hair. My hair is bleached up to about a 10 at the mo. wanting to go a lot warmer and a tad darker with it all really I'm thinking still keep some blonde though so foil some out and then tint in between with pastel through the ends. Just unsure on shades as I've never used it I'm naturally a base 6 xx

What is your natural depth ? There are so many beautiful colours in illumina you can use a few to get a natural effect. The new 9/03 would be nice with 10/36 in foils

Latest posts

Back