I'm a bride, rip me off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did ours on a budget - I used to go to all the local wedding exhibitions (as an exhibitor) and when you get to know everyone they will discount you as you can reccomend them (you have to ask) .

I also didnt have a evening doo. Its too Peter Kay for me (garlic bread!!) so we saved on that.

Y'know the new thing now is renewing your vows on anniversaries - for another celebration.

I dont charge anymore for a bridal make-up than an ordinary make-up - even though I take more time over it.

i agree the price some pay for there wedding is stupid.

when i got married 7 years ago we had a quote from a posh hotel and the price it would have cost to just feed and refresh guests (50) was £4,000.:eek::eek:

so we thought right f**k everyone els were off......so got married in St.lucia 4 months later, it was the best thing we did.

Mind its not just weddings where we get ripped off - have you seen how much the limo companies charge for prom nights - its disgusting. They are only kids for god sake.

Having read the posts, I think the answer lies in not actually saying what the event is, or lie about it.

I.e I would like to rent a limo because it's a birthday or whatever, get them locked in the quote and on the day, just say, it is my birthday but we also decided to get married last minute :lol: :lol:

It's all a big rip off and personally, I don't mind where I would get married one day, I just want a nice dress and that's it .....

Marlise

when making your enquires dont tell them its a wedding just a party ! good luck

Hey Six! have you got anyone to do your tan and nails.... guess wot just for you for your wedding I can do each for 100.00! wot a bargain. Course normally it'd cost you £47.00 but you know its your BIG DAY!!! WOO HOO! Call me pmsl xxx
Ah bless, elope, have a wicked expensive amazing holiday to remember!!!! sod the guests haha xx:hug:

I totally agree I got engaged in February and I find the same problem with 99% of suppliers

I now have a question for you ladies

My mum has her own nail and beauty salon which she has just started up - she is offering wedding packages (nails, manicures, pedicures, waxing etc - mix and match up to the bride)

basically she is offering DISCOUNT!! on wedding packages but isn't too sure what good wording would be for advertising - she doesn't want brides to think they are going to be ripped off - they really arn't - remember my mum knows what that's like from my point of view

any ideas ladies

PLEASE!!

ta
xx

Hi ladies

take it no one has any ideas for what she could put?

thanks

xx

On my top to toe packages I put a list of what's included, then the price, then in brackets after that I put (normally costs £xxx). So they know exactly how much it would be if they paid for each treatment full price, and how much of a discount they are getting with the package.

Hth's.

On my top to toe packages I put a list of what's included, then the price, then in brackets after that I put (normally costs £xxx). So they know exactly how much it would be if they paid for each treatment full price, and how much of a discount they are getting with the package.

Hth's.

thats a good one thanks!!

xx

One thing that I would warn you about is, get the 'quotes' written down.

My wedding dress was handmade and I was told it would be £150. when I went to pick it it was suddenly £225.

My sister booked a boquet for my little sister as her present, it ended up being twice as expensive as the quote.

What the companies rely on is that you are sooooooo stressed by the time you pick things up, you just pay it to get onto the next thing.

23 years ago, Paul and I bought a house, we rang all our friends and told them we were of to the register office on December 14th and would they like to come. Day of the 'wedding' my dad drove us to the register office where we made some lovely promises to each other, which made far more sense then the ones I'd made in a church to my first husband, then we all went back to our house, one friend had made my cake, another had iced it and all my friends and I had got together to make a buffet. As peeps arrived we gave them a big glass of mulled wine and the home made beer flowed freely. Paul's brother took all the photo's and those of us who hadn't passed out:lol: by evening went down to our local pub, and the landlord and landlady insisted on cracking a magnum of champagne for us. Total cost £200 for us, getting married was a commitment we wanted to make because we wanted children and marriage was our life long belief that we would raise those children together. I'd had the dress, flowers and car, the wonderful reception and the present list and it lasted 4 of the most miserable years of my life. Paul and I have raised 2 fantastic kids lived in some wonderful country's and have taken some very special photo's to help us hold on to some magical memories. I don't think it would have changed a thing or have made my marriage to a very special man any better if I had spent several thousand pounds of my banks money on one day of my life. I have lots of friends who spent a fortune on that special day as if the amount you spend is what makes it special and I have to say I still think its money better spent on your very own pile of bricks and morter.

Don't get married...live in sin.
It's cheaper at least:)
And is probably more exciting than after you get home and hang the dress up:lol:
No I lie it's great honestly.:eek: I wouldn't have done it twice if I didn't agree.:hug:

Latest posts

Back