In need of a little Geek love & support

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**Update**

Dad seems to still be picking up and is behaving more like himself (laughing and joking with nurses etc..), he doesn't need as much pain relief as he has been in the past few days and is eating better too, today the nurses have ripped up the 'just in case' pack that was there.

The family seems to think he was just giving us a scare and he isn't done yet (on his 9th life). I am not willing to believe that he is out of the woods just yet but am happy he seems to be feeling a bit better and hoping he will at least get to see Christmas & maybe enjoy it a little bit.

So pleased to read this Baggybear. Hope he improves more every day :hug:

I've not been online much in the last few days so hadn't seen your post. Glad your dad is improving. Lots of love and hugs xx

Sending you a big hug..... Xx

Happy to hear that your dad is doing better. Have a Merry Christmas.

So sorry to hear this news, my thoughts go out to you and you family x

I lost my sister when my son was 7 and although I didn't tell him all the details (my sister took her own life, I thought he was too young to know this) I was surprised how well he took it. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer two years later I following the advice from Maggie's cancer care and told my son everything. Again, I was surprised how well he took it.

Kids are more resilient than we think and can often help the sun shine through when the world around us in black x x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Sorry I just saw your latest update, I'm glad your dad is doing better. I hope you all manage to have a Merry Christmas.

Hugs x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Oh good I hope he is ok and I hope you really enjoy your Christmas with your family and hope you have a happy new year , very good news XXxx

**UPDATE**
Dad is still here fighting.
Mam got ill last week (really run down from looking after dad, not eating or sleeping propperly etc..) and dad had to go in to the local hospital for mam to sleep and get better (& Dr didn't want to risk him catching something from mam as she was throwing up).
Mam is better and dad is home now.

The Dr is really impressed with how well dad is and can't believe the difference in him from just before Christmas.

Looks like my sister was right and dad is like a cat with 9 lives.

Thank you all for the love & support :hug::Love:

That's good news x

Oh Hun!

I've just seen this thread!!!! Oh i am so sorry to hear what is happening with your dad! i am sending all my love and positive thoughts to your dad, you and your family xxxx

Lots of love

Me xxxx

Glad to hear he's picked up. Long may it continue xx

**UPDATE**
My dad had a heart attack and died this morning. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

He had been doing soo well that about 2 weeks ago I finally allowed myself to belive that he really was going to be ok and would be here for some time longer.

We had planned a meal next weekend with all the family (over 38 confirmed as attending & still some to confirm) to celebrate his upcoming 75th birthday.

I am in shock but also feel that at least my dad is at peace now and is no longer in pain. It's just us left here that are in pain & have to deal with his sudden departure now.

I'm not looking forward to the funeral as I know that will be the point when I hit rock bottom and it all becomes real that I will never see him again, but I will be surrounded by family & friends when that happens so I know I will get through it (and that it's a natural thing to happen).

Thank you all soo much for the love & support you have given me. :Love::Love:

:hug: baggybear i am so sorry for your loss, sending all my love your way xxx

I'm so sorry 2 hear of ur loss. My dad passed very suddenly three years ago and although it hurts everyday somehow I have just learnt to live with it. I certainly don't like it but what can I do. I'm sure ur dad would want you to stay strong and find the best way you can to get through. Someone said to me that when I felt like I was at my wits end, that would be when my dad would pull me through, I'm sure this was and is the case for me and pray it will be for you to. I really can't say no more, I just wanted to reply to you so that you didn't feel alone. This is an extremely hard time for you and ur family and I will pray that you all manage to bare the weight of your grief together. It may not feel like it now but ur dad will always be with u xx love n hugs xx

Oh Baggybear I'm so sorry to hear this, unfortunately my Grandad died too the other day, it's a very difficult time but you will get through it, *hugs*.

Here is a lovely quote that helped me find solace.

''Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft, brown earth with the grasses waving above ones head and listen to silence, to have no yesterday and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.''

xxx

So sorry to hear about your dad xxxx

So sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Xx

So sorry for your loss xx

Aw, that's so sad. Thinking about you at this painful time:hug:

Latest posts

Back