In need of some geek love

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I'm feeling like I need some support... My Gran is very ill in hospital. She went in before Christmas with shingles but there was obviously an underlying issue that wasn't picked up until now as she is now quite critical and they have found she has a small bleed on the brain and is very low in sodium in the blood. I went to see her with my mum yesterday and she was so confused and was in another world. She kept talking about the oven being upside down and I don't think she really knew we were there. My mum broke down when she saw her and I held it together for her but now I feel so emotional and am desperately trying not to think the worst but I can't get it out of my head. I just needed to tell someone and get it off my chest. Sorry to be depressing! Xx

:hug: sending you a big hug, I lost my granny last year after 7 years of watching her fade away in a bed, I miss her. It's awful seeing someone you love like that x

I'm struggling to find helpful words but you are not alone in how you feel about your Gran. I was the same last year with my Grandad although I didn't see him as I am in Norway and couldn't get there. Do the doctors say they can treat whats happening to her?

Lots of :hug::hug::hug: 's

Big hugs to you. Xx

Well they don't really know what's causing it so at the moment they have just stopped some tablets she was on for blood pressure and are closely monitoring her. They have done a ct scan which showed the bleeding but they can't do an MRI as she has a pacemaker. She was so drowsy that she couldn't swallow tablets so she's on a drip and being fed intravenously . They were going to get a neurologist to help to try and see what's going on but at the moment she hasn't changed. I just feel like crying all the time. It's so hard. Really helps having you all to talk to xx

hugs! I hope she is feeling better soon.

I remember when my nan was in hospital, it was very upsetting to see her obviously distressed and in pain.

Thank you all xx

sending you lots of hugs and some ideas. It is very difficult when family is in hospital and you feel helpless. My Nana who has passed away used to say similar things and she usually had a urine infection when this happened we learnt to recognise this and ask that she be checked for one, I notice you said that your grandmother has a small bleed on the brain depending on how small and where can effect things, I lost my Father 2 years after he has a large bleed on the brain, it was classed as a type of stroke and although he was physically ok it effected him mentally as he could not remember the words for things or how to do various tasks.
I wish you and your family all the best and hope you find out soon what it is as then you can work towards a recovery.:hug:

My Granny passed away 9 years ago, she had cancer. My mother fell apart & I had to be the strong one. My thoughts are with you, keep strong but also remember you too are allowed to scream, shout & cry when things get tough! & we are all here for you if you need to let it out xx

sending you lots of hugs and some ideas. It is very difficult when family is in hospital and you feel helpless. My Nana who has passed away used to say similar things and she usually had a urine infection when this happened we learnt to recognise this and ask that she be checked for one, I notice you said that your grandmother has a small bleed on the brain depending on how small and where can effect things, I lost my Father 2 years after he has a large bleed on the brain, it was classed as a type of stroke and although he was physically ok it effected him mentally as he could not remember the words for things or how to do various tasks.
I wish you and your family all the best and hope you find out soon what it is as then you can work towards a recovery.:hug:

Yes she's had urine infections before but they said her blood isn't showing any signs of infection as we mentioned this at the hospital. They also at first thought it was a stroke but are now unsure as she doesn't have any of the classic stroke symptoms. I think they are stumped as to what's wrong which is so frustrating. Thank you for your support though it helps xx

This is very similar to something that happened to my Nan almost two years ago. All i can say is i'm very sorry for the pain your family is in having to play the waiting game of not knowing.

Big Hugs xxxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

i didn't want to read and run,lots of love and hugs from here,my thoughts are with you and your family lovie xxx

*hugs* this is such a hard time for you yet you were strong enough to hold it together for your mom! A lot stronger than I am! Hope you get some better news soon xx

Thank you all for your kind words. Xxx

Latest posts

Back