Ingrown hair on me lady garden

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I am in agony....i shave, have done for years...sometimes eplilady. I have a huge red lump right where your knicker elastic sits. so when i walk and sit it hurts like mad.

I got my nurse friend to have a look and she said its a ingrown hair...now i have had those before but never as bad as this.

So far i have been using Magnesium Sulphate paste to try and draw it out, but after 5 days its still the same.

Anyone else had one like this...its like a boil.

Hi Ang

I know exactley what you mean i get them regularly, been to the docs and
he told me the same an ingrown hair where the skin has got infected, do you know what he told me "not to shave for a while" wtf no way..... lol

I bathe with salt water but have heard the magnesium paste is good.
Mine usually last for about a week and your right its so painfull and mine is just on the knicker line too.
I sympathise with you Ang its awfull, it would be interesting to know if anyone else has any other remedies.
Hope it feels better soon Ang xx

Julie x

I have get them alot i had 3 the other month so i got the tweezers out and pulled the hairs they are very painful but once i done that it stopped :eek:

Grit my teeth and pluck the thing out.
Use Sudocrem.
Either cover it or go commando till it heals.

But hey that's me!.... I'm the girl who cut a deep hole in my foot to get a verruca out when I was 7....

I like to get it over and done with.

Hope your garden feels better soon!

I would love to get the tweezers on it but there is nothing to tweezer...its a massive hard lump with no broken skin, head or anything...its red and very tender...not at all like the normal little ingrown hairs i have had in the past.

I had one of these a while back and OMG it's so painful. I managed to get the hair out which hurt like hell but immediate pain relief xxxx Good Luck xxxx

Your gonna have to break the skin to find the little bleeder, thats what I had to do xxx

I know your friend looked at it, but I think you should go to the docs.
It sounds either like it is infected or it is a boil, in either case, you will probably need antibiotics.

Hi

Try 'ingrow go' by skin doctors. I retail it where I work and had really good feedback from clients. Hope it helps.

Myra x

I had this in my armpit once and had to get a friend to pull it out! BTW, the title of this thread really made me laugh hun. Sorry!:green:

Oh Sals - I love your avatar!!!
You is a funny funny lady :)

Angie i had one lke yours when i went to Paris.
Got to say it goes against everything i should tell you to do as a therapist but the only way you are gonna get rid of it fast is to pop it open, this will hurt like mad so get ya man to do it then DON'T pull the hair out, just clean it up and let it heal, making sure that the hair doesn't go in as it heals.
Good luck! :eek:

Your gonna have to break the skin to find the little bleeder, thats what I had to do xxx

totally agree here....you must get it out as it will keep growing and then you will have to get a doc to get it out....get a pin and pop it until you see the hair then get tweezers and pull it out....it will cause you more pain the longer it is in there than what it will getting the hair out.

I had one years ago for ages , until i started squeezing as i was sick of it!(not recommended by the way) It really hurt but i think my agrivation must have made it worse and it went yellow, unable to resisit i tried to take off the top and it uncovered a hole with a hair all curled up inside, Gross!!! Felt much better , i now use immac i hate ingrowing hairs!:)

I cant even pop it...the skin is just to thick. its not sat right under the skin..maybe its just not ready ???...i'll give it till Monday and lots of warm baths and if it doesn't do something i will go docs.

Its the size of a malteser...

Hope you dont mind me saying but i tried to break mine once and never again it actually made it worse, they really need lancing by a proffesional as you could get a nasty infection once you do that. It also comes back quite quickly after doing that.
As soon as it gets red and enlarges i put warm salted water on it, the grains break open the surface lightly and it begins to go down after a week its gone down loads. Just from my experience as i have had these for a few years now.
When i went to the docs he told me it should go down with antibiotics but it didnt, just read a little home remedy on the net.

A small bit of white bread just enough to cover the lump, soak it in hot milk and put over the lump and cover with a plaster. Ive never tried this but its worth a try.

Julie

Angie, Go to the doctor! :)

If she says it is an ingrown hair that isn't infected, then get it out - like I said first of all.

BUT

She might say it is infected..... in which case DON'T pop, squeeze, poke, pick, tweeze..... Better to treat it properly with antibiotics.

I will Lauri...first thing Monday....:lol: i just have to try and leave it alone till then.

I cant even pop it...the skin is just to thick. its not sat right under the skin..maybe its just not ready ???...i'll give it till Monday and lots of warm baths and if it doesn't do something i will go docs.

Its the size of a malteser...

If it is a boil - having baths can cause it to spread to other areas of the body.

My friend had what looked like a pimple on the back of her leg two weeks ago.
I thought it was an ingrown, but couldn't really see anything.... put on savlon and left it.

The next day, it was big, inflamed and very hot. There was no head, but the area was very hard.
She went to the doctors on day 4 - when she couldn't bare to sit down.

Turned out to be a boil.

Latest posts

Back