Ingrown hair on me lady garden

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you prick it with a sterilised needle? That'll give it somewhere to aim for?! (Thats what I do) You're going to draw a bit of blood but the infection and all the cr8p that comes along with it will aim for the light!!!

Loving the title too - made my day! xx

Angie I have had these lumps exactly as you describe rock hard lump and pain Ouch,
Dont TOUCH it I once try to pop one and it was so hard that nothing happened or came out I saw the Gp and he said it was infact a block pore in my skin and it did go away on its own.
I would wait and see if it goes down or softer and in the meantime dont wear undies because the elastic catchs on them and makes the pain worse.
Good Luck

If it was me (not what I'd tell a client to do of course), I'd put some Bonjela on it and whilst it's on, I'd pour a boiled kettle over a needle. Then, I'd break the top of it and give it a good squeeze. If you can see a hair, then after pouring boiled water over a pair of tweezers, squeeze the sides of the area to try to squeeze the hair out, then pluck.

After you've finished, thoroughly clean and dry and keep an eye on it. If it starts to become infected, then go to see a pharm who are just as good as good as a doc, unless of course you need something prescribed.

If it was me (not what I'd tell a client to do of course), I'd put some Bonjela on it and whilst it's on, I'd pour a boiled kettle over a needle. Then, I'd break the top of it and give it a good squeeze. If you can see a hair, then after pouring boiled water over a pair of tweezers, squeeze the sides of the area to try to squeeze the hair out, then pluck.

After you've finished, thoroughly clean and dry and keep an eye on it. If it starts to become infected, then go to see a pharm who are just as good as good as a doc, unless of course you need something prescribed.

Gawd Kimmi, I really need to learn to read all posts carefully and thoroughly instead of just scanning.....I was just wincing at the thought of pouring a boiling kettle straight onto the sore bit - I thought....thats one tough lady! lol!

Why not give NHS direct a quick call Angie, for the medical lowdown, instead of wait until Monday. I've had similar and put Germolene...the one with the local anaesthetic, on it (I was a on a yacht race in the middle of the Atlantic - there were NO other options, and only 7 horrible hairy blokes on board so I wasn't asking ANYONE else to help!) Fortunately mine cleared up pretty quickly like this, but thats not to say all will. It really depends on how deep the hair is etc.

I'd also say going commando for a bit could help as it takes the pressure off the surface. Whatever you decide hun, hope you sort it soon, it can be quite misery making! :hug:

Try wearing loose clothing too .... tight jeans or trousers will only aggrevate it.

I had a boil on me bum once.....:o:D

I tell you what, I couldn't sit down. I really know how painful they are! I put savlon on mine, and had a really hot bath, I squeezed, but like yours there was no head, untill it decided to pop!!!

It was totally gross, I was standing about 2 meters away from my magnolia bedroom wall, and you guessed it....... splat!!!! :green:

I kept putting savlon on it and it slowly went down after that, but there is still a bruise like mark, looks like blood under the skin, and that hasnt gone away :cry:

Hope it improves for you hun, just thought I'd share my minging bum boil storey!! lol! xxx

I cant even pop it...the skin is just to thick. its not sat right under the skin..maybe its just not ready ???...i'll give it till Monday and lots of warm baths and if it doesn't do something i will go docs.

Its the size of a malteser...
Now that i have managed to get up off the floor after laughing so hard at your title (prizes should be given, yours is a winner)
i get exactly the same angie, i went to my docs and they referred me to the hospital for them removing, i have had 5 removed this year,
i only went to the docs because one of them got infected from me picking at it and it turned into an abscess,
(the girls that were on the afternoon waxing workshop with axiom in yorkshire have seen some of the scars)
i was only in overnight and the relief was great, this area heals amazingly quick,
good luck getting it sorted hun :hug:
oh yes and i was told in no uncertain terms to stop shaving and waxing (as if lol)

this is what i am dreading...the doc saying i have to go hospital...i hate hospitals and i am way to busy...couldnt find the time if i wanted to.

I am thinking about going to the walk in centre in the morning...there is noway its just going to burst..its about an inch away from the surface ... i have even took a pic of it so i can get a better look...:lol:

dont everyone call it there Lady Garden then...??:lol: x

i'd try and dig away at it with a sterilised needle + tweezers too (wouldnt ever recommend this to a client though:green:)

I have seen loubylou's war wound too:eek: yowza !

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can have it removed at a local clinic, i only had to go into hospital because one of them had turned into a abscess so they did them all while i was under (thank god)

your so cruel....i should now just to make you all hurl...but NO i wont, I'd never live it down....:lol x

Aw sorry hun :hug: I couldnt resist!

I am going to give Julies bread and warm milk a go !!!

eeek that is nasty, if you cant dig about at it..... it needs looking at mate pronto:hug:

Latest posts

Back