Ingrown hairs!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SKin Doctors make 'ingrow-go'

never been too impressed with it myself.

x
Our clients swear by Ingrow-Go Kate.I dont use it myself as dont have a problem but funny how people can have such different opinions.:)

Hi
I know this is a pretty old thread - but no point starting a new one!

I am looking into buying a product which is designed to release ingrown hairs. I have seen three types in my Ellisons catalogue and as I have to place an order with them, I wondered if any of them are worth getting.

I know one of the following has been mentioned in this thread already.
My options are:

Smooth It - by Hive (£3.95 100ml)
The Inhibitor - by PHD (£16.95 pack of 4 x 10ml)
Ingrow Terminator - by Salon Systems (£3.95 150ml)

The PHD one seems like a very low quantity (10ml)... guess a little goes a Very long way?

If you have tried and wouldn't recommend any of these, but have found a product that you do love, please let me know what it is.

To clarify - I am looking for a product to release ingrowing hairs (I know about exfoliation etc) I am not bothered about reducing hair growth etc (although it would be a bonus I guess!)

Hi

I am looking into buying a product which is designed to release ingrown hairs. I have seen three types in my Ellisons catalogue and as I have to place an order with them, I wondered if any of them are worth getting.

My options are:

The PHD one seems like a very low quantity (10ml)... guess a little goes a Very long way?

If you have tried and wouldn't recommend any of these, but have found a product that you do love, please let me know what it is.

To clarify - I am looking for a product to release ingrowing hairs (I know about exfoliation etc) I am not bothered about reducing hair growth etc (although it would be a bonus I guess!)

I used to get loads of ingrown hairs when I waxed, and after reading lots of threads on here, I decided to try PFB Vanish. Absolutely marvellous stuff!! I hardly had any ingrown hairs after I used it. The website is ingrown hairs: PFB Vanish ingrown hair treatment.

Have you tried using Aloevera gel right after for the next 2 days. apply it once in the morning and once at night. Since I changed to aloevera, I have not one ingrown.

Hi

My options are:

PFB Vanish is a great product. I swear by it and so do my clients. It's reasonably priced (about $27.00 canadian for retail). It comes in a roller applicator and contains, among other things, salicylic acid and lactic acid.

Riffi do really good exfoliating mitts, they are made from natural fibres and are anti bacterial. You just bung them in the washing machine each week.
After years of waxing the hairs weaken, folicles become distorted and this results in more ingrown hairs! It is not your therapists technique, or the wax she uses. The best thing you can do is get into the habit of exfoliating regularly (with an anti-bacterial product) and using a decent body lotion or vit E oil.
Also, ingrown hairs usually pop up in areas where clothes rub, ie where your knicker line is, so bear this in mind when knicker shopping!!

Just to keep those who are interested upto date, I have also had a PM advising me to try PFB Vanish - so I will be getting that and will post again with my results.
Thanks for all the help so far.

Thanks gelly
It would be good to see how it goes as ive only ever used aloe veragel as JD said.
Body brushing has worked for me and for the most part for my clients aswell,but it would be a bonus if this product helped:)

Latest posts

Back