iPad for business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingertipsnails

Reaction score
Hi geeks iv been looking into buying an iPad for appointments ect in my salon, does anyone else? Are they worth it? Thank you!

Hiya,

I use my iPad for business etc. it's fab! I use a programme application called MyBusiness for my appointment scheduling, payments, inventory etc you don't have to have Internet connection unless you wish to send receipts, reminders or use the credit card facility. I also use to use my iPad to play background music, I don't now as I use a little stereo with a USB port. I find it handy to carry around and all things can be done practically on the spot. Ive found it to be my 3rd arm! Love it. Hth x

I use a laptop now but will be getting an ipad soon, whats fun about it is you can schedule appointments from anywhere. you could be out shopping, get a call and pull your ipad out from your purse and take the appointment, there's no time wasting waiting for a big bulky computer to start up, you can store music on it and play your music from the ipad itself or get a stereo that has a usb port. when you in between clients you can play games (i do this during facials sometimes :p) and like SammiC said you can get apps that keep track of appointments etc on it.

I would say it's definitely worth the money just make sure you get one with 3g and wifi compatibility. i find there worth the bit more in price

Thank you for your responses! I just ordered the iPad 3, with wifi and 3G! I cannot wait! Will have to find some good apps now too, ahh you both settled my mind that im doing the right thing! Thank you :)

I have an iPad 2 and iPhone 4. I use both for business. I have the shorthand app on both so when I book an appointment on my phone,it automatically goes to my iPad.

I also have a laptop but that never gets used unless for downloading etc.

I would definatley recommend it even if not for business use. I love mine :) x

I don't use my iPad for business but do intend to all I can say is you won't know how you got on without one. They are fab x

We're seeing a lot of people get them for their business, either to help run it, or to keep clients entertained while they're waiting for their appointment.

Also, our Salonlite system is optimised to run on one :)

Hiya,

I use my iPad for business etc. it's fab! I use a programme application called MyBusiness for my appointment scheduling, payments, inventory etc you don't have to have Internet connection unless you wish to send receipts, reminders or use the credit card facility. I also use to use my iPad to play background music, I don't now as I use a little stereo with a USB port. I find it handy to carry around and all things can be done practically on the spot. Ive found it to be my 3rd arm! Love it. Hth x

Which app is that? There are a few. One that's £20 looks good but don't want to spend the money without knowing it's worth it.

Which app is that? There are a few. One that's £20 looks good but don't want to spend the money without knowing it's worth it.

SalonLite is entirely free, if you fancy giving it a try.

SalonLite is entirely free, if you fancy giving it a try.

Ian, I've tried it but found really awkward to use. I've tried to get some help at the Excel show and none of the reps there were willing to help as it's a free software. Not a good image for your company !

Ive PMd you. X

Last edited:
So going to get a iPad now x

Ian, I've tried it but found really awkward to use. I've tried to get some help at the Excel show and none of the reps there were willing to help as it's a free software. Not a good image for your company !

Sorry to hear that - feel free to ask on here, or drop me a private message on here if there's anything I can help with.

I have an ipad an LURVE it.

In my salon I have Microsoft outlook - I use the calendar to schedule appointments, which works great we can colour code each member of staff and write loads of info in about the appointment, It sync's automatically with the iCloud - spent about 10 mins setting this up with the help of google. Then from my ipad the calendar syncs with iCloud and voila I can see all of the appointments scheduled in, I can add an appointment on my ipad and it syncs with outlook so the staff know I've scheduled something in - I cant colour code it from my ipad but I write the staff members name and then we can edit it when on outlook.

It works really well, I've booked many appointments with friends and family by using my ipad.

I love being able to send emails easily, I have an app which means I can open and edit Microsoft office files, I have a memory blank for all the uses my ipad gets for business. Unfortunately I am addicted to draw something (or what ever it's called) so all I can think of is that and Facebook lol

I have the ipad2 wifi and 3G (def worth the extra money) 32gb. I've had it since just after Xmas and it never leaves my side. I love the kindle app aswell, sync with my kindle to the furthest page read which means I can read a few pages and each device knows where I've read up to! I also have an iPhone 4 and as much as I love it I love my ipad more, just because it's bigger I think.

:)

Sorry geeks, but just had to jump on this thread and brag that I WON the IPad competition at pro beauty this march!!!!!
Kept it in for a whole month, but so want to shout about it as I am still so excited!
I don't use it for business but I do spend most of my waking, non-working hours on it! Lol.
My hubby jokes that he is an IPad widow.......more like salon geek widow.....oops!

At least, I think he's joking!

Woah: slow down! There are far better tablets for business then the iPad. Outlook, flash player and a host of accounting software won't work on the iPad. I should know: I chose the iPad for vanity reasons and bitterly regret it every time I try to do anything complex away from my laptop. Yes it is great for games but unless you are only looking at doing very simple things like booking appointments the iPad is not suitable. Plus if all you want to do is book appointments etc just get a smartphone. They are about £500 cheaper.
Written from my iPad x

I don't think an ipad is a replacement for a laptop or PC just a more portable piece of technology with wifi and 3G built in its very portable, the flash player thing bugs me here and there but I don't think I miss anything else. I use my laptop for my account and any documents I want to write. I bought the key notes app and it is basic but works well, I will then email it to myself and edit it in word on my laptop.

The battery life I amazing compared to a laptop and my iPhone. I do charge it every night but I use it ALL day some days, the kids play on it all day and the battery is fab, a laptop would last a few hours tops.

I'm sad and watch the Itv player and I player on it aswell, when hubby's playing on the ps3 in the evening.

For me being able to sync my calendar with outlook on the salons pc is the. Aim use, as the owner/manager I can be in complete control even when im not there :)

Latest posts

Back