Is He A Little Weird? Im Not Sure! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers_81

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Today a had a phone call from a guy asking for a spray tan and asked if I was happy to spray tan male clients. I said yes, no problem.

He was asking if it would turn orange as the last tan he has made him orange so I put his mind at ease and he seemed re-assured about it, all good.

Then he was asking if I has disposable thongs so I said yes I would bring them with me and it was up to him if he wanted to wear one or if he wanted to wear his own thong, shorts, briefs etc (whatever he was comfortable in) so he said that was great. I explained I had sticky feet, barrier cream for his hands etc etc too and he seemed more than happy with everything.

I took his name, address and time of appointment and said ok see you tomorrow then etc etc.

Not long after his phone call he text and these were the texts

HIM:I would prefer just to wear the thong thing if thats ok. I want an all over tan or as near as u can without wanting to offend. See u 2morrow then.

ME: Thats no problem at all

HIM: OK. See u 2morrow.

HIM (again): I still have the paper thong from my last tan if u want me to use it. Not sure how big urs are?

ME: I will sting bring mine then its up to you which one you wear.

HIM: Ok. Whatever u want. I just dont want huge white bits. See u soon

HIM: (again) Ok. Probably just wear the ones i have but they are quite small fitting so hope ur ok with that. See u at 12

HIM: (again) Do u want to cancel 2morrow? Not sure if your mad with me. (I THOUGHT THIS WAS STRANGE!!)

ME: Hi ??? im certainly not mad with you will bring the thong I have but you can wear your own if you wish and feel more comfy in them. 12pm is fine will see you then. Take care Kimberley.

HIM: Ok see you soon.

Do you think he is nervous or strange?

Kim x

IMO i think he is a little nervous and just wants the tan to be ok.

But to be sure cant you take someone with you or at least make sure someone knows where your going to.

Hths x

I think he sounds ok, maybe a little nervous and being over-cautious about not offending. Perhaps he finds talking about thongs a little uncomfortable and so would rather text that part? Just a thought.

He's sounding you out to see what reaction he gets when he exposes himself. Sorry to be blunt but I bet I'm right.

You've made the mistake that I used to make.....you're too friendly on the text. Keep it short and to the point. xx

Thanks for the advice, yes I'm taking my fiance with me and he is going to wait outside in the car. (We've agreed that this is a good idea for male clients, at least for each male clients first appointment.)

Nothing against the guys!! Just I'm very little and on my own in a blokes house.

Thanks again for your opinions and advice, thought he may be nervous but wasn't sure.

Kim x

My guess i sthat he's been looking at your photo's on your site (great site). Maybe now is a good time to decide whether or not to have a 'women only' client base as you're mobile.

You could let your boyfriend carry your stuff in for you so he knows you're not alone.

Take someone with you, even if they wait outside or in another room (preferably)
then act all confident and when he mentions the thong and white bits, just bluntly (but politely) say

"you can go naked if you prefer to have no white bits"

he will be the one that feels under confident if you go in full of confidence, he probably wants a naked tan but doesnt know how to ask you,
its perfectly normal,
but put your own safety first and foremost, :hug:

My guess i sthat he's been looking at your photo's on your site (great site). Maybe now is a good time to decide whether or not to have a 'women only' client base as you're mobile.

You could let your boyfriend carry your stuff in for you so he knows you're not alone.

I know what your saying about getting my boyfriend to carry my equipment in for me but to be honest...

1) I dont want to look like Im feeling uneasy and having to take my 'bodyguard' with me and this may make the client uncomfortable too!

2) Also I feel to 'put him to the test' (as such) if he knows my boyfriend is outside he could be behaving himself then when I say to my boyfriend he was really nice blah blah blah and then I go by myself next time and he knows my boyfriend is not outside he could then play up!

So I'd rather the client not know I have someone outside (if that makes sense)

I'd rather not stick to just female clients either as Im sure there is alot of business to be made from male clients. I'm totally comfortable tanning men I just wish they wouldn't send strange texts and turn me from feeling excited about having a new customer to feeling uneasy!!

Cheers again for your advice :hug:

Kim x

I think the fact that he gave you his contact details makes him ok!
I had a guy call me asking if I would do it nude as he had just had an all over wax and wanted a tan to go with it. I asked him to give me his contact details and he wouldnt!!!!!! Needless to say - no tan!!!

Oh bless I find it quite sweet really. He want's a tan with minimal white bits so is going to wear a thong. He doesn't want any lines by the sound of it but is not wanting to put you in that situation.
He probably knew it sounded strange that why he asked if you wanted to cancel but how else would he have asked you? Anything would have sounded a bit strange probably.
I wish we could just know the good ones from the bad and could stop doubting some male clients. I don't offer my services to males but it's good there are people out there that do! xxx

I think Kim is spot on here and what a great idea to bring your fella in to help with your stuff.

After the week I've had, I just feel that as human beings, we are born with natural instincts, and you should never go against them..... EVER!!

If you feel this guy is a bit iffy I would cancel him, for your own safety.

If something happened, you would kick yourself after wards for not going with your gut.

I know we all have to be professional, but at the end of the day, in this day and age we have to be a bit savvy and I would be very wary of this guy.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes, if you do decide to go ahead with the treatment x x :hug:

I see your point but I do mens intimate waxing all day long, so I'm totally at ease with naked men.......they're more frightened of me LOL. Just telling you he's sounding you out. xxx

I'm as cautious as can be about tanning men, haven't been asked yet, but not sure I want to.

However, I have to tell you, this guy sounds just like my friend Stu. He is shy and will text back and forth just like that, with "are you sure" followed by "hope that's ok" then "you still sure"! and so it goes on. And Stu's as sweet as you can ever meet. Personally I don't feel any bad vibes from the text conversation you had, just personal opinion there, I'd say go with your gut feeling on this.

Why don't you have your phone in your pocket, ready to call your bf should there be any probs?

Go with your gut feeling. I personally wont spray a guy naked ( am often asked and the first few times i felt uncomfortable saying no, but now i do with politeness and respect of course. and we always have two of us in the salon for male appointments. just stay safe and dont think that just because you are getting your fella involved makes you weak in any way. (if you get what i mean, i dont think weak is the right word, i just cant think of another one).

I think that everyone should decide whether or not they was to treat male clients. If you don't, then fine, but if you do, you really need to get it straight in your head and just go for it. If you feel so nervous that ou need to take someone with you, then that isn't a good way to work. xxx

this guy is seeing what he can get away with. that I am pretty sure of. I totally agree with Kim.

Wasnt the appointment today? Did you do him then Kim?

I find that men who are nervous ask a lot of questions and talk non stop so it really is hard to tell.
I had one guy on the fone asking me loads of questions when he wanted to book a spray tan-what he should wear etc...
In the end i just said 'look, if you want to go naked then that's fine by me'.
He was shocked 'oh no' he said 'i'm not confident enough to do that!'
Oops! He was just nervous and i was thinking he was just too embarrassed to ask!
It's a bit different for me as i'm salon based but you need to feel comfortable with what you do.

I'm a little late reading this, so i hope everything went ok. I have had guys ask me lots of weird questions and put me off a little when they were just nervous really, so i hope this was the case with you.

If Id been in your shoes, I would get my hubby to take me along, use the excuse ... I m having car probs today so hubby is transporting me about, and get him to wait outside and make sure you have your phone in your pocket, then hed have the choice to invite him in or not, and I dont think you d look so much of a plonker.xx

Latest posts

Back