Is it just me or is this a bit cheeky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne...

Reaction score
Hi all, I had this client who came to me for her nails doing a few times, then she started doing nails herself.

I think she did a day course, anyway she sent me a text asking for an appointment saying, its not the same doing your own nails bla blar blar, so she came to have her nails done with me and the Sunday after a few of my clients saw her doing a wedding fair. I

don't know if its just me? but I think it's wrong and that she should be wearing her own nails. It's dishonest to the public, maybe its just me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, i had this client who came to me for her nails done a few times, then she started doing nails herself, think she did a day course anyway she sent me a text asking for a appointment saying its not the same doing your own nails bla blar blar, so she came to have her nails done with me and the sunday after a few of my clients had seen her doing a wedding fair, i don't know if its just me? but i thing its wrong you should be wearing your own nails its dishonest to the public, mybe its just me...

I think it would be dishonest if she were telling potential clients that she had done the nails herself.Its a bit silly though if she had them done by you to use them as an advertisment for her own work because they will look very different especially if she has only done one days training and only recently qualified.

WEllllllllllllllllllllllll .... of course I can understand you feeling it's a bit cheeky but on the other hand it is also a compliment to YOU.

If her work is not as good as yours, her new clients will soon know about it.

I can understand her wanting to present herself in the best possible light at a wedding fair and not everyone can do their own nails well.

I wouldn't fret over it.

I personally think doing my own nails is allot of bother and its relaxing to get them done by another good tech! As long as she isn't passing them off as her own and telling people who did them for her I don't see a problem. (Its knowing if she is or not though.)

I have nightmares doing my own nails, still i perserver (sp). I must be getting better as a few clients have commented how nice they are. To me they still look horrendous and i can see every single mistake/flaw i have.
Look at it as a compliment to you, as her nails wont be as good as yours and the clients will be abit miffed why. I know i would be

I had a previous client who did a nail course. She called me up to ask me to help with her course work! It is in my nature to help so I did help as much as I could. I was like you and it bothered me for a while. Then I had a word with myself and realised it was a compliment that she valued my input.

I now put all my energies into keeping my existing loyal clients happy and strive for improvement in every aspect of my work. If I worried about competition, (like my neighbour who has started tanning from home also) I wouldn't have the energy to run my business 100%.

I know your are all right... some of my clients are on nail courses and phone me up for advice, i don't mind that at all.

if she had told me that she was doing the wedding fair i wouldn't have minded.

I know your are all right... some of my clients are on nail courses and phone me up for advice, i don't mind that at all.

if she had told me that she was doing the wedding fair i wouldn't have minded.

Maybe you should have been doing it too?

i havn't done one yet, only because i'm working 10 hours a day five days a week.

do you think i should still do them even though i'm busy?

i havn't done one yet, only because i'm working 10 hours a day five days a week.

do you think i should still do them even though i'm busy?

Always good to gain extra exposure ... clients don't always stay with one forever! :hug: Glad you are doing so well in your business .. it is what I like to hear.

Thankyou geeg...

i'm not sure what to do next, think i need some advice.

i work from home and it works realy well but do i just do that for ever, what are my options?

It's definitely annoying and a bit cheeky but it happens. She's obviously not as good as you so she's not a threat. Rise above it.

Thankyou geeg...

i'm not sure what to do next, think i need some advice.

i work from home and it works realy well but do i just do that for ever, what are my options?

Small is beautiful Joanne and believe me I KNOW. At the moment you have low overheads and maximum profit. If you open a salon it means taking on staff .. high overheads and most of the profit goes in wages and rent, rates, etc.
If you are fully booked you have the perfect scenario. Other options are getting into education to stretch yourself or on a design team etc depends how ambitious you are and what goals you have.

I have a few nail techs who come to me to have their nails done.... It unnerved me to begin with as I am never confident or happy with any sets that I do...

But they keep coming back so they must be happy!

I can't do my own nails. Am left handed , terribly clumsy and my nails are horrible if I do them. I do my business partners and she does mine!

Latest posts

Back