Is there aftercare advice for Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi guys

I want to print a sheet of things shellac clients should do/not do after having shellacked their nails?? Here's what I have so far please add:

solar oil 2 x daily
no suncream on nails
wear gloves for washing up/using chemicals
i'm not sure in chlorine affects them (if people are going on hols?)
do not use nails as tools

I can't think of any more right now so please add any that you think of.Ta

no suncream on nails/QUOTE]

I think this one needs to be re-worded ,
Sun cream Should be worn by all who need it and no one Should ever be seen to advise agenst it!
Even if that is not what you ment .

Something like hands Shuld be washed after applying suncream or insect repelant containing DEET or alternative sun or insect replant with out DEET Shuld be used .

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

yep you're right it was a wording thing :)

Obviously people should use sun protection so i will re-word that.....could you think of anything else??

Lisa

There really isn't alot , Shellac is very low maintenance other than the regular use of solar oil and the DEET thing ,
I'm not sure if I would even mention gloves ! I've moved house , cooked cleaned , decorated ,gardened worked on clients , swim , travel ect in the past year with my shellac effortlessly keeping it's shine,

Maybe mention that if there are any. Issues to contact you and not be tempted to pull it off,

And to re book with in 2 weeks of the treatment,

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I would basically just say that they are not indestructible and if you put them babys under any strain or in any chemichals they will sure as he'll react ,,, it's life they are not enhancnents or protective ,, treat them well and they will react well ha ha xx

Thanks guys - I thought that but as I have had a couple of people saying that its chipping i was abit worried but they used sun cream and i doubt they washed it properly off the nails :(

I have just seen an amazing video on here too of properly removing the cuticle - i had no idea about the cuticle away gel from cnd and when i watched the cnd video they pretty much just show the pushing back of cuticles and the little curette thing so I had no idea about using the gel?

Anyway thanks everyone.

Here is the one I use...

SHELLAC AFTERCARE ADVICE

I know you will absolutely LOVE your nails while you are wearing Shellac and I expect your nails to last flawlessly for at least 14 days as long as you give them a little care and attention during that time.

We say Shellac is pretty indestructible with Normal Wear and Tear, which means you have to partner with us by adding a little protection to your nails if doing tough jobs like household cleaning and gardening, hobbies that are rough on your hands or using harsh chemical products without wearing gloves; doing these things without protection can mar your Shellac service.

If you do happen to cause some damage to the Shellac coating and see any of the following signs, we hope you find the advice below helpful.

If lifting or peeling is noticed please do NOT pick or pull at the lifted area, as this will cause the lifting to increase and could even damage the natural nail. Please ring me on ………………………… so that I can assess the nail and decide if a repair is necessary. Please note that repairs will be chargeable.

If you are on holiday please be careful when using sun tan oils or insect repellent solutions as many of these products contain DEET which will cause major damage to the Shellac colour coat.

Please use Solar Oil at least twice a day (especially at night before going to bed).
I recommend Solar Oil which I retail at ……… and which is made to be used with Shellac. Also beneficial is the use of any CND hand and body lotion daily. Regularly using CND aftercare products will substantially prolong the life of your Shellac and keep your natural nails and the skin surrounding them healthy, moisturised and flexible.

If you wish to temporarily change the colour of your nails whilst wearing Shellac you can use nail enamel over the Shellac but please be sure to use an Acetone Free Remover when removing nail polish.

Relative to your life-style and activity level, your Shellac will need fortnightly or three weekly maintenance as there will be obvious re-growth. At this point I can either re-Shellac your nails (remove existing Shellac and applying a fresh new colour) or remove the Shellac completely which takes a brief 10 minutes.

If you do decide you want to remove your Shellac please call me and let me do it safely for you in the salon. Incorrect removal at home may damage the surface of your nails. I will be able to remove Shellac using a professional remover and to give you a mini-manicure so that your natural nails look perfect.

If you have any questions or queries please call me on ……………………………………..

Thanks geeg. I'll use this.....fab

Lisa

That's perfect Geeg - love your wording:biggrin:

Here is the one I use...

SHELLAC AFTERCARE ADVICE

I know you will absolutely LOVE your nails while you are wearing Shellac and I expect your nails to last flawlessly for at least 14 days as long as you give them a little care and attention during that time.

We say Shellac is pretty indestructible with Normal Wear and Tear, which means you have to partner with us by adding a little protection to your nails if doing tough jobs like household cleaning and gardening, hobbies that are rough on your hands or using harsh chemical products without wearing gloves; doing these things without protection can mar your Shellac service.

If you do happen to cause some damage to the Shellac coating and see any of the following signs, we hope you find the advice below helpful.

If lifting or peeling is noticed please do NOT pick or pull at the lifted area, as this will cause the lifting to increase and could even damage the natural nail. Please ring me on ………………………… so that I can assess the nail and decide if a repair is necessary. Please note that repairs will be chargeable.

If you are on holiday please be careful when using sun tan oils or insect repellent solutions as many of these products contain DEET which will cause major damage to the Shellac colour coat.

Please use Solar Oil at least twice a day (especially at night before going to bed).
I recommend Solar Oil which I retail at ……… and which is made to be used with Shellac. Also beneficial is the use of any CND hand and body lotion daily. Regularly using CND aftercare products will substantially prolong the life of your Shellac and keep your natural nails and the skin surrounding them healthy, moisturised and flexible.

If you wish to temporarily change the colour of your nails whilst wearing Shellac you can use nail enamel over the Shellac but please be sure to use an Acetone Free Remover when removing nail polish.

Relative to your life-style and activity level, your Shellac will need fortnightly or three weekly maintenance as there will be obvious re-growth. At this point I can either re-Shellac your nails (remove existing Shellac and applying a fresh new colour) or remove the Shellac completely which takes a brief 10 minutes.

If you do decide you want to remove your Shellac please call me and let me do it safely for you in the salon. Incorrect removal at home may damage the surface of your nails. I will be able to remove Shellac using a professional remover and to give you a mini-manicure so that your natural nails look perfect.

Ooh can I use this? This is brill :)

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

How do you get around charging for repairs Geeg?? Customers are quick to blame product if any probs:rolleyes:

How do you get around charging for repairs Geeg?? Customers are quick to blame product if any probs:rolleyes:

My aftercare leaflet tells them they will be charged for repairs so I don't have to get around anything really. They did not leave the salon with any flaws on their nails so its down to clients as to what they do to them.

I have found through 'digging' that one of the most common activities that flaws free edges is the grating of cheese, garlic, ginger .. anything like that. Always the index, middle or thumb. lol

I never tell clients that Shellac is indestructible. Most of my Shellac clients are natural nail clients. They are so thrilled that they get more wear time than ordinary polish that they do not pick about tiny flaws from wear and tear. On thing we never see is peeling .. peeling is down to thick application.

Use it or change it if you like.

what lovely wording geeg. you really do have a lovely way with words

please can i put this up in the salon?

tigi

Here is the one I use...

SHELLAC AFTERCARE ADVICE

Just marking this so I can look for it later. :)

I would be happy to email this to anyone using Shellac if they email me at [email protected] and include your S2 customer number for verification ... Will save you allot of typing and I have slightly changed it from this original.

Just started to use Shellac and this aftercare advice is great, this has really helped. Thanks

Brilliantly worded, as usual Gigi.
:wink2:

would you mind if i used this one my webite???

Of course you are welcome to use it. X

Hi geeg

I was wondering if you would send me out a emailed version of your shellac aftercare advice as i note you said you have changed it slightly. I tried emailing you with my s2 number but it failed not sure if you have changed email address?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back