Is there much demand for eyelash perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelheart

Reaction score
Hi am wanting to do a course for eyelash/eyebrow tinting, and the only ones i can find also include eyelash perming, is there much demand for this these days. Thought this was a bit redundant now with eyelash extensions being so popular. Does anyone do perming any more, and if so how much approx do you charge.

Thanks for any replies:biggrin:

Hi,
I am interested in this too.
I love lashes and brows dyed........But I have never been a fan of lash perming.
Clients do ask for dyeing which at present I don't do. Never been asked for perming!!!!!!!!!
Same reason can't find a course that leaves out the perming.
May have to relent, train in the perming and probably never do any. But at least that way I can get my cert for eyelash & brow dyeing.
Good look with your search.......Let me know if you find any more courses.
Lotsa luv x x x x

I don't have loads but have sometimes done a special offer with a perm and tint just before the summer. Its worth just doing the full course anyway then at least you can offer it if anyone asks x

There is perming and then there is LVL PERMING from Nouveau Lash. This system of lifting the lashes is really different from ordinary lash perming techniques and the results are quite stunning. Look into LVL from Nouveau.

Carlton Institute do a eyelash/eyebrow tint course, 1/2 day and have excellent trainers.hth:wink2:

without the perming, i meant to add. Not much call for perming now there is eyelash extensions.

the caledonian institute do an eyebrow shaping and eyebrow and eyelash tinting

Home Page

HTH

Deb
x

without the perming, i meant to add. Not much call for perming now there is eyelash extensions.

It depends ... Nouveau LVL is definitely in demand ... but it is not traditional .. very different.

In the salon I worked in there was still a fairly regular clientelle that had lash perming.I think lash extensions and lash perming are very different and attract their own interest for different reasons.A lash perm done correctly can give fantastic results so I would do it as well as any other training you want to do.After all it's another tick in the box and clients will and do still ask for it.HTH

we do extensions and perming and both are popular. I would say its a great skill to have and due to its nature , you may find its a service that is not readily available your area. its actually great to have when you are a lash tech, reason being, if you come across anyone with crushed or very crossed lashes who wants extensions, an eyelash perm (on shields) can really help the situation!

tigi

we do a lot of lash perms as it really enhances the eyes if the client has the full works. If you really dont want to do lash perming hang fire it is about to be taken out of the beauty therapy standards (sept 2010)

If you did the perming and tinting you'd be able to buy i-appeal from abx beauty. I think they look quite good and not the same as traditional perming.

Carlton Institute do a eyelash/eyebrow tint course, 1/2 day and have excellent trainers.hth:wink2:
I did this course last week. we did lash and brow tint and were showed how to apply cluster lashes and the basics of tweezing . Some of the other students were doing lash perming as well so they stayed for the evening session but i left after the tinting session. Great course. iv already started tinting brows and lashes and feel very confident.

Latest posts

Back