Is this the latest nail art craze......?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just sooooo gonna run out and have this done!
It's like so totally rebellious man. shame.

I think it would go down quite well out here in the bush - when all the ZZ-top bearded ute-drivers have run out of body surface area to tat onto - they can have their nails done as well.
Yay for that cooooool man! :rolleyes:

it looks a bit on the odd side to me ,i think he would be better putting normal nail art on ,but he looks like he is a man of many talents by the look of his website, tea readings, pyscic, all sorts, you could book him for any occasion lol

To some people it may look ugly, and to some it may look great, but hey some people dont like nail extensions and all of us love them. It all depends on the person right? We all have different tastes, so aslong as no one is harmed or feels harmed then let him be. If we were all the same then there wouldnt be a world out there, but personally i wouldnt get it done, it looks terrible! lol ;)

Yeah i guess everyone to their own but it certainly doesnt appeal to me i think it looks tacky and the condition of the nails he has worked on doesnt do him any favours either, but thats my opinion i guess :|

What if the client had really really thin nail plates.....would it possibly penetrate the nail plate?:eek:

Amand aka Lilyi

uk! but what worries me is this quote 'right in the center of this high pitch teenage energy'- I have a teen and i would want her to go to a middle aged guy who says that sort of thing. - ok call me suspicious but its funny old world. AND he states about using gloves and new needles - however hes golding her hands with both his hands but only has a glove on one!!!!

DEBSY said:
I was totally gobsmacked when i looked at this site,how disgusting he obviously has no care for the nails themselves and just wants the money for the tattoo,holy heck the toe nail made me gag!!!! :eek: I have signed his guest book and left a few comments!!!!! why don't some more of you do this,i will remember his name and as some others have said hope he never classes himself as a nail tech in the future! oooooooooooooooooooh i'm cross about this,can you tell??!!! I need to chill now :eek: DEBS.
Have also signed the guestbook. Part of me hates to be such a cow but would you want your teenager to risk potential nail damage as a result of tattooing the lunula?!

They just look stupid! There is no other word for it! I thought the whole idea about nail art was to add beauty to the nail not make it look like a 3 year old decided to use mummys lipstick on it! And to take a pic of nails that look like they have been in a plant pot all day is equally as stupid! (stupid is my fave word of the moment, I've been watching too much Judge Judy!).

Aphrodite said:
Sorry, but WHY is this disgusting? :rolleyes: Is what he's doing any worse/weird than sticking plastic tips onto natural nails, filing and then overlaying with acrylic? As long as he sterilises his equipment and doesn't do any harm -looks like he's busy which means he's making people happy!

Live and let live, s'wot i say! :green:

Have to agree with Aphrodite on this one. I can't see why you're all bothered by it. He says "In drawing the picture, the artist uses a light touch, designed to merely scratch the surface of your nail. It does not penetrate your nail or your skin.Health regulations require use of new sterilized needles, rubber gloves and alcohol based color. ". . So what is the problem?

Some of the drawing are pretty intricate and a lot more practical than some of the nail art (with feathers etc. sticking out all over the place) that wins awards in our industry and that we all rave about!

If it looks strange when it starts growing out (and of course it does grow out) what's wrong with a coat of polish?

I agree with you all though that he could have got them to give their nails a little scrub first :lol: I wouldn't want to touch such dirty nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back