Quantcast

Is this the latest nail art craze......?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieMc

Reaction score
.............I do hope not!

Whilst trawling the 'net, came across this link.....

http://peterjoyes.com/fingernail.html

I haven't come across this kind of nail art before and hope that it won't be the latest 'must have' for kids. Surely it can't be good for young natural nails. :evil:

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin
www.LibertyNailDesign.com

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
This is by no means new, I can remember when i was about 14 having my friend do a tatoo on my nail, It lasts until the nail grows up.
I should think it could only be done on a natural nail ?

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Reaction score
ACK. Look... its a nail fungus!

:D

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Pmsl Sam, But never mind the nail tatoo just look at the state of the free edge urgh

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
just imagine how daft they are gonna look when the nail grows out and it breaks or it is cut or filed down.....maybe nice to look at when just done but half a tattoo just wont look as good :confused:

stanleyann

JackieMc

Reaction score
The Nail Geek said:
ACK. Look... its a nail fungus!

:D
LMAO @ Sam!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi

Gross, turned my stomach! yuk yuk yuk!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

JackieMc

Reaction score
lesley1965 said:
This is by no means new, I can remember when i was about 14 having my friend do a tatoo on my nail, It lasts until the nail grows up.
I should think it could only be done on a natural nail ?
I've obviously lived a sheltered life ;) - never heard of it before!

Reaction score
Ughhhhhh

Could have made them even!LOL

Disgusting, he'll be calling himself a nail tech next.

sequinto

Reaction score
i think its ugly, the free edge looks awful and dirty lets hope he dosent call himself a nail tech next

fluffho

Reaction score
if hes going to do this why doesnt he at least clean the nail up? and further more, why does he even bother to take a picture with such nasty nails? i dunno what made me cringe more, the tatts or the canvas!

crazy! i say go get some water decals or paint them yourself!

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
State of the actual nails aside ... I think the tattoos look tacky and ameteurish (sp).
I'd be a bit peeved if someone put those on my nails for a day ... but to have to wear them for months ... gross!

peaches

Reaction score
the nails look horrible the toenail one ugh!

lynda

DEBSY

Reaction score
I was totally gobsmacked when i looked at this site,how disgusting he obviously has no care for the nails themselves and just wants the money for the tattoo,holy heck the toe nail made me gag!!!! :eek: I have signed his guest book and left a few comments!!!!! why don't some more of you do this,i will remember his name and as some others have said hope he never classes himself as a nail tech in the future! oooooooooooooooooooh i'm cross about this,can you tell??!!! I need to chill now :eek: DEBS.

gracy

nutty geek
Reaction score
whats the point of it ? he looks like he had a balti the night before they were done, disgusting!

littletink

Reaction score
Eww No no no .... I think that if I were tempted by anything like that I'd just go for a transfer. At least you can take it off!

Angela.xx

grace

Reaction score
Hi, Many many many years ago I had one done on my thumb nail, well in fact it was around 13 years ago and it was done in a tattoo shop so they were no nail experts but performed tattoos on all nails, don't think they do it any more but its a very old craze well here in Dorset anyway.

It is horrid when they grow out and then every one starts asking what is wrong with your nail very embarrasing. Hey ho

Grace x

fluffho

Reaction score
cant something happen with drilling all the little holes in there?? i know with real tattoos you have to keep it very clean..

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
How discusting, the nails look awful. I personally agree with everyone else that says at least with proper nail art you can remove it when you want to, change it as often as you need to and at least have the decency to look after the natural nail to begin with!!!!!

Thats my two pence worth.:(

Aphrodite

Reaction score
DEBSY said:
I was totally gobsmacked when i looked at this site,how disgusting he obviously has no care for the nails themselves and just wants the money for the tattoo,holy heck the toe nail made me gag!!!! :eek: I have signed his guest book and left a few comments!!!!! why don't some more of you do this,i will remember his name and as some others have said hope he never classes himself as a nail tech in the future! oooooooooooooooooooh i'm cross about this,can you tell??!!! I need to chill now :eek: DEBS.
Sorry, but WHY is this disgusting? :rolleyes: Is what he's doing any worse/weird than sticking plastic tips onto natural nails, filing and then overlaying with acrylic? As long as he sterilises his equipment and doesn't do any harm -looks like he's busy which means he's making people happy!

Live and let live, s'wot i say! :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts