It Really Is All About Amy (and Sweet Squared)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
What better way to spend a cold and wintry Thursday night than by cuddling up on the sofa and watching Amy Childs' new reality show, It's All About Amy? And, it just got even better.

Samantha Sweet took a little bit of Sweet Squared magic to Brentwood in November for the set up and staff training at the amazing new Amy Childs Salon. Not only will the lovely Amy offer Shellac and Minx, Samantha and the Sweet Squared team also trained her and her staff to offer the fab new GlitzyLips foils just in time for the party season (well, it's certainly an alternative to the Vajazzle anyway!)

Samantha has been offering advice to Amy as she embarks on her new venture and has even been involved in helping Amy create her salon menu - look out for Samantha on 'It's all About Amy'.

So geeks, grab a glass and settle down to tomorrow's show on Channel 5 at 10pm. What better way to ease into Christmas?

Until then...geek on.

The Ed.

Attachments

• amychilds 2.JPG
    amychilds 2.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,006
Who's Amy child's? :s

I had to look her up as well, then wish I hadn't bothered - another one of those vacuous 'reality' shows, yawn....

Amy is amazing. And it's brilliant how she is training properly I offer this around Essex it is really boosting trade down here!

I had to look her up as well, then wish I hadn't bothered - another one of those vacuous 'reality' shows, yawn....

Eurgh yawn indeed. I'd have much preferred to have read about some fab very experienced and hard working therapist who's struggled her way to the top and swears by shellac.

This kind of celebrity (or in this case wannabe celebrity) if anything makes me not want to use shellac. Same way when fake bake sponsored Geordie shore cringe!!!!

Shellac has an awesome rep! Please dont spoil it by endorsing it with wag wannabes and celeb wannabes it brings the level of expertise and the brand right down!

Amy is amazing. And it's brilliant how she is training properly I offer this around Essex it is really boosting trade down here!

Agreed, she really has proved how hard it is to start a salon and like she says, everyone thinks beauty is so easy but it's not, she did beauty before she was famous. Even tho she is famous now she's still doing what she loves. X

Shellac has an awesome rep! Please dont spoil it by endorsing it with wag wannabes and celeb wannabes it brings the level of expertise and the brand right down!

This is rather unnecessary.

Shellac is indeed a premium product and has top rep. But if a nail tech wants to use it and has gone through the trouble of getting the correct training and using the full system in their salons. Then why should they not provide it as a service?

Should we then determine who should use Shellac simply by who they are, where they work and what class they are in?

I understand there are people in this world who we do not all like. But what right have we got to determine if they are good enough for one thing or another?

I don't know very much about Amy, I'm not very on the ball with celebrities either. But if Cnd has sent their best ambassadors down to train her salon to use Shellac as a system and correctly, then that indicates her salon is good enough to provide Shellac as service regardless of who she is.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

Some of these comments are quite unfair!

Amy was a beauty therapist before she became famous,I would not say she is a wag wannabe or a fame hungry woman.

From what I have seen and heard she has worked very hard,she left towie as she didn't want to be on that show anymore,surely if she was fame hungry she would of stayed as the show is so popular.

Hats of to her,she has opened her own salon and she wants professional training and to use the very best products. Just because a celeb uses them does not mean they go down any less. In fact, alot more people will have shellac after watching her programme.

I wish people wouldn't be so down on certain people,she has worked hard like everyone else so give the girl a break.

I don't know who Any Childs is but anyone who's setting up a salon and ensuring that they and their staff get the right and genuine training gets my respect because not everyone does this.

I love Amy Childs, she is a fully qualified therapist, and was working in a salon before she was famous. It's been her childhood dream to own her own salon, I wish her all the luck in the world.

I don't use Shellac, I was hoping to convert in the new year after visiting Scottish Beauty, Amy advertising it will only boost its popularity with clients!!! So well done CND for having such a well known 'ambassador' of your product xx

its just a shame that she has zero personality and humour.

I love Amy and she's not as dumb as she comes across. I hope she does really well as she's had good training and is putting in the hard work.

Wow peeps, put down the claws. Its fricken Christmas.

As was mentioned, she was first and foremost a beauty therapist and she has insisted on premuium products and extensive training in all of it (more than I can say for MANY "professionals").

Maybe some of you have spent more time with her than others and don't get on well with her personally (raise your hand) but judging by what Samantha (and Dexter) say, she is hilarious and a good soul. Or maybe some just auto-hate if its someone that gets attention on TV.

Meh. Merry Christmas. Peace + Love and stuff.

Wow peeps, put down the claws. Its fricken Christmas.

As was mentioned, she was first and foremost a beauty therapist and she has insisted on premuium products and extensive training in all of it (more than I can say for MANY "professionals").

Maybe some of you have spent more time with her than others and don't get on well with her personally (raise your hand) but judging by what Samantha (and Dexter) say, she is hilarious and a good soul. Or maybe some just auto-hate if its someone that gets attention on TV.

Meh. Merry Christmas. Peace + Love and stuff.

Amen to that, merry christmas!

Lilian x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Well like her or not, it can surelyonly do your business good!

Look at that vajazzle thing! Folk had never heard of it until that awful show and then it went crazy!

So all the people that think shes wonderful will see this tv thing, see the Shellac name and then want that.

For all the people that think this kind of thing is dreadfull to watch, there are as many that think its wonderful, and if that creates some new business for you then take it willingly!

I must admit that I laughed at the comment about her not being fame hungry, but having her own show called "Its all about Amy" bit of a contadiction really! made me smile!

I must admit that I laughed at the comment about her not being fame hungry, but having her own show called "Its all about Amy" bit of a contadiction really! made me smile![/QUOTE]

I take it you were referring to my post. I was stating that if she wanted fame that much then she would of stayed with towie,as it is such a popular show.

She has moved on,opened her own salon and has her own show. Why should she not,if she wants to show off her achievements then why not.

A young lady has done well for herself,doesn't matter where she has come from.

Also stating that the girl has no personality or sense of humour,you can't really say that untill you have met her.

Bit catty tonight hey.

Happy Xmas to you all x

If some one offered you a hell of a lot of money to have a camera man follow you round would you say no???

Shes just doing her just you like you and i, her job has changed from being a therapist, yes but still being 'Amy Childs' is now her job and shes getting paid very well for it!

You may not like her but id bet youd like to have her bank balance, shes just doing her job!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Just like to clarify that my post contained nothing about Amy herself, never heard of her before and never watched the show, and have no intention of. Rather my gripe is with the rise of these so-called vacuous 'reality' shows that have taken the place of proper decent programming. Oddly enough, I was once asked quite a few years ago if I would mind a camera crew following me and my partner (for a reality programme about how different couples live their lives) after I did a short bit on Channel 4 once, and did indeed decline the offer.

Out of interest, when I looked for the show online, the All About Amy programme isn't billed as a programme exploring the intricacies of business but rather 'follows Amy as she comes to terms with her new-found celeb status', make of that what you will!

Agreed, she really has proved how hard it is to start a salon and like she says, everyone thinks beauty is so easy but it's not, she did beauty before she was famous. Even tho she is famous now she's still doing what she loves. X

It's great that she's doing what she loves but I think anyone who'd had that level of free advertising (due to publicity) and a lot of money behind them can make it work quite easily.
I know how many more clients we got through the door when we had a news article wrote about us.

I do think it's great that she's done all the correct training as like previously mentioned theres a lot who don't (not any of the salons or mobile therapists i'd personally use)
Using the correct training and products does help you build a better reputation. I guess I would just like to see someone wrote about or have a tv programm done on them because they are top of their game and very very well respected in the industry like gigi

Last edited:
I personally love the girl. She's done really well for herself and is a damn good role model! Got a trade under her belt > opened her own little salon > brought vajazzle to the masses > became an overnight success > opens her own salon & takes on Shellac! Not bad for someone whose just turned 21 is it!

Merry Christmas

xoxo

Latest posts

Back