I've cheated on my spray tan with Fake Bake!! May start offering 2 brands of tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya, do you only have the LA in 18 %? Is that because it gives a more natural dark colour than other brands?

I only have the 18% as it actually works well on all skin types and it's just a browner darker solution for those that want it.
I haven't tried the 8% so can't comment on that.
The problem with the 10% and i think the 12% is that they are double dipped. They have double bronzers in them so the guide colour comes out really dark, akin to the 18% but once you've showered it off then it's just a normal 10%. I really don't see the point in this.
I sprayed my sister with the 10% and even though it was really dark, she loved it but the next day she rang me and said it had all come off in the shower. It hadn't but she had gotten used to the dark guide colour so thought it had all come off.
Clients are either going to think that 1- the guide colour is way too dark for them and they have to walk round like that for the next few hours or 2- they get used to the guide colour, like it and then are disappointed when it's washed off!

I only have the 18% as it actually works well on all skin types and it's just a browner darker solution for those that want it.
I haven't tried the 8% so can't comment on that.
The problem with the 10% and i think the 12% is that they are double dipped. They have double bronzers in them so the guide colour comes out really dark, akin to the 18% but once you've showered it off then it's just a normal 10%. I really don't see the point in this.
I sprayed my sister with the 10% and even though it was really dark, she loved it but the next day she rang me and said it had all come off in the shower. It hadn't but she had gotten used to the dark guide colour so thought it had all come off.
Clients are either going to think that 1- the guide colour is way too dark for them and they have to walk round like that for the next few hours or 2- they get used to the guide colour, like it and then are disappointed when it's washed off!

Yep I agree totally. I have mainly been offering the La gold 10.5 as a golden tan and the disco as a darker brown tan, both are popular. I have a 10 and 12 of the double dipped variety and if i do use them I will explain to the client that the dark colour will wash off quite a bit and then they know what to expect. Eventually I will prob only buy the la gold 10.5 and the disco as these are all i would need.

I am still considering the 8% L A tan, but I don't know of anyone who has tried this and found it good yet?

Back to the original post, I would poss offer the clients a different % of the sienna on their legs if they want them darker.

Hi, I offer different brands, some only want a tan they have had before. I offer brands @ different prices, depending on what the buy in price was. xxxxxx
Posted via Mobile Device

I do actually have the LA Gold 10.5% as well.
Don't actually use it as it's more a natural golden colour than a brown colour so i may as well use the nouvatan.
I do think it's a good idea to have 2 solutions.
I know a few people that use LA Tanning and they just have the 8% and the 18% and get on fine with them.
I like to have a good range of percentages to suit all clients.
I never quite got the concept of a 'one tan suits all' :irked:
I don't even like a range that only offers 2 percentages.
In Nouvatan i have 8,10,12,14 and booster drops.
People are different so you need different percentages :)

hmmm *scratches her hairy chin*
The xen-tan promotional booklet clearly states that the solution begins to develop just AFTER 3 hours.
I dont know if i was confident enough to tell my clients to wash off after 3 hours, my guess they would be white as snow and very disgruntled.

:eek: iv known loads of people that have went green with fake bake and the tan was not off was new bottle (i never done there tans thow, they were done in various places) but why does the tan go green

I used LA Tan 8 on one of my pale skin clients, it turned out really nice, natural and subtle tan. She was really pleased with it. I used LA Gold on one of my friends and it was still going strong after 10 days, but she does everything by the book when it comes to aftercare!

Ok I may get a sample of LA tan in 18% and compare it to 16% sienna x which I haven't yet tried

I stock La Tan 10,12,gold and the disco but just got my order of the 8 through i'm going to get my hubby to spray me tonight as i'm quite interested to see how it looks i'm very pale skinned and sometimes feel the 10 can be a bit much for me so looking forward to it. I'm due to go on a manual tanning course next month and looking as to which to use Fake Bake or St Tropez so this has been an interesting read. I dont think its a problem stocking different solutions as long as you and your clients are happy!

Yes I can't see why stocking more than 1 is bad.

Well I may try the LA as I've said and if it's good I'll use Sienna x 8.5%, 10%, 12% and LA in 18% only ( for those girls who want to look very dark!!) :eek:

Oh do you have a separate gun incase you accidentally mix solution??

xx

i sampled the LA Tan 8% on a very fair (blue) girl and she came out great

hmmm *scratches her hairy chin*
The xen-tan promotional booklet clearly states that the solution begins to develop just AFTER 3 hours.
I dont know if i was confident enough to tell my clients to wash off after 3 hours, my guess they would be white as snow and very disgruntled.

Not sure about this, as on XEN-TAN after care leaflets it says "Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of at least 8 hours"

Are you sure your not talking about one of the instant tan lotions from XEN-TAN rather than the Spray tan version?

yes i guess it starts developing after 3 hours and full development is after 8 hours or more for some.... anyway always ask clients to sleep on it.

Latest posts

Back