I've cheated on my spray tan with Fake Bake!! May start offering 2 brands of tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
I have just got my fella to spray my top half with my usual sienna x and my my legs with my fake bake 'darker' sample.
I thought about offering 2 brands of solution to clients. Not sure if it's a good idea though??????
Was just thinking that for example, offering one well known brand like Fake Bake along with my usual Sienna x, people can chose what they want as there's a tad more variety depending on what they want out of their tan.
Even though it's just the colour guide, Fake Bake does look more like a chocolate brown and Sienna x is more golden.

What do you think? Does anyone else do this?

Yep I offer both sienna and fake bake but I much prefer Sienna some of my customers will only have fake bake as its a well known brand but sienna is becoming more popular now. I also tried nouvea tan and I really liked that soo confusing now cant stock 3 brands lol. :eek:

Yep I offer both sienna and fake bake but I much prefer Sienna some of my customers will only have fake bake as its a well known brand but sienna is becoming more popular now. I also tried nouvea tan and I really liked that soo confusing now cant stock 3 brands lol. :eek:

I know it's a pain aint it!!
It's only because Fake Bake and St Tropez also used to be a good colour, but I never tried the spray as I used them several years ago.
It just crossed my mind because some people may just go for the name. I won't stop using Sienna x, just want to give clients an option.
Soooo confusing :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi,

I currently offer two brands - Sienna x & Xen Tan. (I trained with Sienna x in June 2008).

I have had more repeat business when client has had a Xen Tan - everyone without exception has loved the colour, fade etc.

Trishamina x

I use sienna-x for my mobile clients and Fake Bake at work because I have to.
Although Fake Bake is a well know brand,and one of the first on the market, it doesn't mean that it is a popular choice with clients. Bearing in mind it only has a light and dark solution. Even the dark sometimes is not dark enough for most people. You will probably find people coming back complaining that it hasn't taken very well on their legs and the fake tan smell is much stronger than what you will get with a sienna tan. The Sienna solution smells a lot nicer as well.
Im not trying to put you off I just want to give you an honest opinion from my experience.
I would stick to Sienna hun but see how you go. Even if you just spray your friends in it before you try it on clients.
You will get so many free samples from lots of other companies that you might want to try first xxx

I offer 3 brands - Fake Bake, Tantrick 5% and Aviva Express.

Have to say 99% of my business is Fake Bake and I use Darker slightly more than Original.

Occasionally I add booster drops to Fake Bake Darker for those clients seeking a really dark tan but these are very few and far between.

I've carried out hundreds of Fake Bake spray tans and have never had any comment of a strong or unpleasant smell - on the contrary many clients have commented on how unnoticeable the smell is compared with other tans they've had.

Sounds like a few of us offer more than one brand, and why not!!

I tend to stay loyal to Couture but then thats because im a trainer for them.
I have tried plenty on the market and ive only ever found one other that is as good as Couture.
x

there is nothing wrong with offering 2 solutions a lot of our customers offer more than just our solution
ours is a natural looking tan with organic active ingredients it has no orange tinge its very popular for people who dont want the obvious spray tan appearance
Other people prefer the darker chocolate coloured tans like fake bake or its better to offer both types and let the client choose what they want

I've had Fake Bake Darker spray tans myself at least a dozen times and I'd never describe it as chocolate brown! Just a great warm toned tan x

I've had Fake Bake Darker spray tans myself at least a dozen times and I'd never describe it as chocolate brown! Just a great warm toned tan x
well that's how our customers describe the 2 tan types chocolate and golden
our falls into the golden category as i believe the sienna range does

I offer 2 solutions as well.
I must admit i got Fake Bake in as it was requested by some clients. It's the only time i've ever got a solution without sampling it first-an i'll never do it again!!
People always ask for Fake Bake and St.Tropez because they're the ones they've heard of and not necessarily because they've tried them.
I am not a fan of Fake Bake. It doesn't last well and makes you look dirty and i just don't like it.
I use Nouvatan and LA Tan.
Nouvatan i have as it's a lovely natural colour and the best solution i've ever sampled.
LA Tan i have the 18% for those clients that want to go more brown and very dark. Amazingly i've sprayed the 18% on pale clients and it always goes a nice shade of brown-not a bit of orange in sight :)

Nouvatan i have as it's a lovely natural colour and the best solution i've ever sampled.
Oh thankyou angellina we are getting more orders for solution daily and we are confident that we will be up there with fake bake, st tropez and sienna in a few years time we have come so far in the 10 months since we formulated NOUVA and applied for the Trade mark :hug::hug::hug:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with therapists offering more than one brand of spray tan solution to customers and indeed many do :hug:

After all were trying to offer customers the very best treatments there are ...if that means more than one brand is offered which enables you to do so then that can only be a good thing :hug:

Hi,

I currently offer two brands - Sienna x & Xen Tan. (I trained with Sienna x in June 2008).

I have had more repeat business when client has had a Xen Tan - everyone without exception has loved the colour, fade etc.

Trishamina x

I have a sample of xen tan and was intrigued by the fact that it develops in 3 hours!!! Haven't tried it as yet but wil do. They keep phoning me

I use sienna-x for my mobile clients and Fake Bake at work because I have to.
Although Fake Bake is a well know brand,and one of the first on the market, it doesn't mean that it is a popular choice with clients. Bearing in mind it only has a light and dark solution. Even the dark sometimes is not dark enough for most people. You will probably find people coming back complaining that it hasn't taken very well on their legs and the fake tan smell is much stronger than what you will get with a sienna tan. The Sienna solution smells a lot nicer as well.
Im not trying to put you off I just want to give you an honest opinion from my experience.
I would stick to Sienna hun but see how you go. Even if you just spray your friends in it before you try it on clients.
You will get so many free samples from lots of other companies that you might want to try first xxx

Well I've just washed it all off and I'm not that impressed with Fake Bake and I turned green!! :eek: Not good.
It's nice to compare though xx

I have a sample of xen tan and was intrigued by the fact that it develops in 3 hours!!! Haven't tried it as yet but wil do. They keep phoning me

Where did you get this information from?

Where did you get this information from?

That's what they told me, but even when washed off after 3 hours it still keeps developing. Those were her words.

Not heard that one - normal developing time - usually overnight - and they only phoned we the once after receiving sample.

Trishamina x

Ok that's strange?????? Ah well can only go on what they say!

It only comes in one % is that right? What if people want to go darker? And they can't allways be arsed to have a top up the next day

I offer 2 solutions as well.
I must admit i got Fake Bake in as it was requested by some clients. It's the only time i've ever got a solution without sampling it first-an i'll never do it again!!
People always ask for Fake Bake and St.Tropez because they're the ones they've heard of and not necessarily because they've tried them.
I am not a fan of Fake Bake. It doesn't last well and makes you look dirty and i just don't like it.
I use Nouvatan and LA Tan.
LA Tan i have the 18% for those clients that want to go more brown and very dark. Amazingly i've sprayed the 18% on pale clients and it always goes a nice shade of brown-not a bit of orange in sight :)
Hiya, do you only have the LA in 18 %? Is that because it gives a more natural dark colour than other brands?

Latest posts

Back