I've just read that black Maximist's are fake!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello.

This has been misinterpreted! I believe!!
Black machines are indeed real... however they have JUST (like a month or two ago) changed their machine colour to brown, so I am sure once all the blacks have sold out the brown ones will start becoming just as popular.
BOTH are real, if brought from reputable companies! If brought from places like Ebay they MAY be real they MAY be fake. Its about looking into what your buying and gaining the correct info before even purchasing a machine!! Read reviews or do a bit of research! You will soon be able to eliminate the fakes x

The ad on eBay has now been withdrawn, think they will have to re word in future.

i am really surprised at this post :sad: i purchased 105 black machines last week from earlex and the stamp on the boxes are dated that the machines were manufactured on may 28 2011.
the whole brown is the latest model ??? is total bool sheett :lick:
as the earlex rep has said ....if you buy in bulk you can have the machines manufactured in any colour you wish , but black is the normal colour and if you order n black you will share the manufactured date with other companies, hence you are less likely to have delays on delivery if you are waiting for one to be manufactued in sky blue pink you may wait a little longer lol!!?? *

Hello.

This has been misinterpreted! I believe!!
Black machines are indeed real... however they have JUST (like a month or two ago) changed their machine colour to brown, so I am sure once all the blacks have sold out the brown ones will start becoming just as popular.
BOTH are real, if brought from reputable companies! If brought from places like Ebay they MAY be real they MAY be fake. Its about looking into what your buying and gaining the correct info before even purchasing a machine!! Read reviews or do a bit of research! You will soon be able to eliminate the fakes x

Hi, just to clarify, we have not changed our colour to brown ChelleConnor. The scenario is like Steve from Nouvatan has pointed out. We Earlex Ltd make brown and black units. We will not stop making black units. These will be the majority that are manufactured and brown units are made specifically for our other customer.

I hope this helps

many thanks
Joy

if you are waiting for one to be manufactued in sky blue pink you may wait a little longer lol!!?? *

Fortunately we have 1000’s of brown machines in stock so fulfilling orders is never a problem

In order to clear this matter up, here are the facts;

The original eBay listing as was displayed as follows;

Beware of fakes; All Maximists are now produced in Sienna Brown - Black units are fakes
If it doesn't have a MaxiMist badge it’s not a MaxiMist! Cheap imitations from China are dangerous. Maximists are manufactured in the UK and benefit with a full 2 year warranty

This statement is entirely correct but on reflection we concede that this statement could lead some people believe that black units are built in China. This was never our intention although we think its right to inform potential customers to be wary of cheap foreign alternatives.
The wording has now been changed to;

Beware of fakes; From May 2011 all Maximist tanning machines are now produced in Sienna Brown - Black units have been discontinued
If it doesn't have a MaxiMist badge it’s not a MaxiMist! Maximist tanning machines are manufactured in the UK and benefit with a full 2 year warranty

Maximist machines should not be confused with the generic offering from Earlex the manufacturer, they are not the same. The all-new Brown Maximist machines come with an improved hose and distinctive branding. Best of all, unlike the standard tanning machine, the Maximist comes with a 2-year warranty.

this is all very simples
Earlex produce both machines and both machines are authentic
The black machine is distributed by a number of companies
The brown machine does have an upgraded heat resistant hose and is distributed through other companies.
Either machine is authentic and represents excellent value for money
HTH:hug:

Dolly, patent the self spraying hose thing and get in touch with earlex to make it! you'll make a killing! LOL ;)

i was warned about the black ones being made from China or Hong Kong and not beaing completely....real. So I stretched and bought the brown square one...Good Luck.

This post had me worried as I bought a new machine last week after using my old spangles compressor for years. If I have read this correctly the black ones that don't say maximist on them are still the same machines and re the guarantee is it 1 year or 2???

This post had me worried as I bought a new machine last week after using my old spangles compressor for years. If I have read this correctly the black ones that don't say maximist on them are still the same machines and re the guarantee is it 1 year or 2???

That really depends on where you bought your machine, most retailers will offer a 1year guarantee by default, whereas all genuine Maximist machines from May 2011 come with a 2 year guarentee

That really depends on where you bought your machine, most retailers will offer a 1year guarantee by default, whereas all genuine Maximist machines from May 2011 come with a 2 year guarentee

I bought a black machine of you in May 2010...

After reading this post, I checked it. It says HVLP 5008 but not MaxiMist... Is mine a fake?? Xx

I bought a black machine of you in May 2010...

After reading this post, I checked it. It says HVLP 5008 but not MaxiMist... Is mine a fake?? Xx

HV5008 is the manufacturers product identifier code for both the generic black models and the brown Maximist models. The same sticker can be found under both. We discontinued the black machines in May, you probably got one of the last ones so no need for concern, your 2 year extended warranty still applies.

HV5008 is the manufacturers product identifier code for both the generic black models and the brown Maximist models. The same sticker can be found under both. We discontinued the black machines in May, you probably got one of the last ones so no need for concern, your 2 year extended warranty still applies.

Update: Since the original thread Maximist have re-inroduced their black machines, the MaxiMist 'noir' range is now available featuring Helia 2.0 technology

Latest posts

Back