Izettle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you sign up through izettle or this huddlebuy thing on Facebook?

Sign up on iZettles site. It's really easy. There should also be a voucher for £20 or something so you don't have to pay for the little gadget.
Every little helps as they say. :)

Seems to be £20 for the reader from iZettle directly (they then give you £20 free transactions) but free from huddlebuy so tempted to get that one. Has anyone else got theirs from huddlebuy?

I just ordered mine from huddle buddy coz its free. Can't wait to try it! My clients are going to LOVE this machine! :D

This sounds just like Square Up payments we use in the US. It's 2.75% with no monthly or transaction fees. It's really great. And my day job I sell merchant services. It's hard to compete with that. Many companies have lower rates, but Square and izettle seem to have no monthly fees which is really great if you are doing less then $5k per month. I'm hoping to integrate something like that into my next app project. But so far Square doesn't work with app developers, and there is no izettle here.

Hi Everyone!!

I too have been researching this little gadget and i still have some concerns :irked:

Here are some FAQ's off their site that might help you all...and me haha.

What is the fee for the debit cards?
For transactions with the chip-card reader, and Visa transactions, the transaction fee is 2.75%. Manual transactions cost £0.10 + 3.50%. You only pay for successful transactions
I'm not sure i like the look of the manual transaction. Would how you do Visas be classed as a manual transaction?

Is it really free?
Yes, there are no setup costs, no monthly costs, the device is shipped to you free-of-charge and you can start using it immediately, we never even take your payment details.
If you have signed up for an Android iZettle card-reader, you will unfortunately need a £20 payment to ship it out - this is a logistical requirement that we cannot change - so what we're doing is offsetting that fee against your transaction fees. So you will, effectively, pay no transaction fees at all to a value of £20. We are offering the free transaction credits as a means of allowing our Android users to take advantage of the free offer.
So they do ship you a reader for an android phone!

Which card reader should I get?
If you have an iPhone 3Gs, 4, 4S or an iPad 1, 2, 3, you will need the Original Chip-card Reader.
If you have a compatible Android device or an iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini, you will need the Audio Jack Reader.
Ah right so it plugs in where the headphones go..got it!

Which phones/devices can I use with the iZettle?
IZettle is available on both the App Store and Google Play. The original chip card reader works well with iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPad 1, 2 and 3, and the latest versions of the iPod touch.
The audio jack card reader works with the above platforms and with iPhone 5, iPad 4, and iPad mini; if you have the original reader you can use it for the newer units with Apple's lightning adapter.
It also works with the following Android devices, with version 1.2.4 and newer of the app:
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N8000
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Samsung Galaxy Note II - GT-N7100
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100
Samsung GalaxyMini2 GT-S6500
Samsung Galaxy S III 4G GT-I9305
Samsung Ace II GT-I8160
Samsung Nexus S
HTC One S
HTC Desire HD
HTC Wildfire S A510e
HTC Desire C
HTC One X
HTC One XL
Huawei Ascend G300 U8815
Huawei Ascend P1 LTE
Sony Acro S LT26w
Sony S LT26i
Sony P LT22i
Sony tipo ST21i
LG Optimus LG-P920
LG Optimus 4X HD P880
Google Galaxy Nexus

For iPhone or iPad, iZettle requires iOS4.3 or later; for Android devices it requires Eclair (2.1), Froyo (2.2), Gingerbread (2.3 - 2.3.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0 - 4.04) or JellyBean (4.1-4.1.2).

Which cards can be accepted with iZettle?
You can accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club with iZettle. You can also accept debit cards.

How soon will I receive my money?
Payments go directly into your bank account and will take four banking days to arrive. It also depends on whether you are using the iZettle card reader or not to complete your transactions, and which card you are using. For more details, please check this link.

What if the card does not have a chip?
If the card does not have a chip, like in the case of MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club, you can accept payments manually by entering the card details directly into the app.
Without the card reader, the limit is £100 per transaction and day for both private accounts and business accounts. The fee is £0.10 + 3.5% of the transaction amount for MasterCard, Diners Club, and American Express payments.
For Visa transactions, which don't use the card reader, the fee is still 2.75%.
Well that just answered my first question!!! hehe

Well ladies and gents I hope this has been helpful to you all x :)

I've just signed up to izettle!!

Can anyone tell me if visa is 2.75% or the higher rate due to the way you have to process it?

Thanks

In went into an ee store and they looked at me stupid, anyone know how I get one? X

i did the same i ordered mine online in the end x

If your on Facebook you can get one free by typing huddlebuddy in the search bar. Sign up with them and its all yours :)

Still going ok with izettle. I took a payment on the 21st and it arrived in my account today 31st. Not bad as there have been a number of bank holidays etc lately. I didn't really expect to see it until later in the week!

Visa payments are still 2.75%

Just a thought I've not got my izettle but I'm thinking about refunds. What if your client wanted a refund 3 days later??? On there it says you can refund on the same day but after that that's it. How do you go about that one?

You will have to put in your t&cs that refunds are processed with xx amount of days.

This will give the payment time to land in your account and then be transferred back to them

Ahhh I see. Thank you lady maskuraid! :)

Sorry Lady Murasaki x

Anyone heard of this card payment system? Just seen it on facebook.
Any info would be great thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
Would this work with any bank account or just a business account? Xx

Hi geeks!
I've just come across this izettle card payment device.
It's no contracts and u plug it in yr iPhone and away u go! 2.75% on each transaction and that's it!
Has any 1 got it and can u plz hive me feedback...
https://www.izettle.com/gb/
Thanx x

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back