Just been diagnosed with Psoriasis.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fificharlie

Reaction score
Hey geeks.

I have just got back from the docs today and its been confirmed I have Psoriasis. Its really bad on my body, my whole front and back is covered in big red angry patches and dry scaly skin. It's now spreading onto my arms and up my neck.:cry: :cry: :cry: I am PRAYING it doesnt go onto my face.

I have been given tablets to take, steroid cream and another cream to put on top to bottom 3 times a day. I just cant believe it. I look awful.

Bang goes going out in the lovely clothes I used to, no strappy tops, no backless dresses. I cant wear fake tan anymore either. It feels like I cant 'look like me' anymore.

The doc said it's down to stress, and because it's quite a 'bad case' it might not go away.

Do any other geeks have Psoriasis? Has it improved for you at all? Does it fade / go away eventually?

I just cant stand the thought of opening my salon looking like a scabby old horse.:cry: I'm so afraid that clients will see me and think 'YUK', if they dont know what it is. It's going to be so embarassing explaining what it is and that its not 'catching'. It really looks horrible.

One lady I saw once had bad psoriasis, and I remember thinking how sorry I was for her. Now Ive got it.

I have never been one to suffer with skin probs - EVER. Never even had 'dry skin' before.

I feel like crying x

Hey geeks.

II just cant stand the thought of opening my salon looking like a scabby old horse.:cry: I'm so afraid that clients will see me and think 'YUK', if they dont know what it is. It's going to be so embarassing explaining what it is and that its not 'catching'. It really looks horrible.

I feel like crying x

Aw sorry you feel this way:hug: Only ignorant s*ds will think this and you'll end up with a better class of clientelle as there will be plenty out there who recognize it for what it is.. I don't suffer but know a few people who do and they just take it in there stride. Don't hide away, be proud of your body and don't worry as stress will make it worse! xxx:hug: :hug: :hug:

aw hunnio... :hug: im sure once everythign calms down and you get the keys you will start to feel better about yourself and it will start to clear up, stress is a horrid thing and it affects us all in different ways
i know that a fellow geek goes on a skin forum ... ill get the link now for you there will prob be loads on reallyhelpful info on there :)

Jess
xox

oh i am sorry.My son had really bad excema as a babe he was covered from head to toe in sores and scabs , his face was really bad.People used to stare and move away from him .[They're just ignorant sods.]I know its not the same as psoriasis but all the same I feel for you. Is there a support group you can contact ?Try not to fret too much and good luck on opening your salon:hug:

Hi Fi, sorry to hear your news, I get it and it comes and goes, mainly on knees, elbows front of one leg and palm of one hand, not so bad really just itchy, red and dry looking when it flares up, Dermovate worked best for me, but the worst thing I have and I think its eczema is split joints on my fingers, again they come and go and steroid cream helps, but they can be extremely painful and leave me with bumpy white scar tissue that doesn't tan:eek: but hey you cant hide away!!

Hey, don't worry babe, think once you are not as stressed it will calm down alot. I suffer with excema and I also think the same as you, can't wear nice tops coz of my skin etc. Don't worry it will calm right down once you have chilled out and not under stress.

It is a horrible feeling, and unfortunately I have lost quite a bit of confidence with my excema, I am lucky that I don't have it on my face. Just on my arms, legs and body, well everywhere basically, had it since I was a baby!

Can you see a dermatogist at all? Just keep applying your skin and make it moist and soft and you will be ok. I sure know how you are feeling though! I am going through the same!

xxxx

Thanks for your support geeks :hug:

Jess, that forum looks brill hun, thanks very much x

Thanks for your support geeks :hug:

Jess, that forum looks brill hun, thanks very much x

Me and Laystar are registered on that forum xx

i have phsoris quite bad and yes i have been told it is down to stress i am 16 now and i have had since i was about 10 mine gets beta in the heat but then people have different reactions some peoples can get beta in the heat but then others can get worse my doc is completly useless and has neva eva done any thng about it people wont look a you like any thing because it is gettin more common and most peps no what it is if you would like to no any thing about it i have found the phsoris foundation website is quite good
i normally have spray tans fom my mum,(tentips) and becasue i get it quite bad on my face i only have a light tan on my face but when i do a have a fake tan u jus have to moisturise lots more than you normally would

:hug: Oh hun - YOu have been under so much stress recently that it most probably is the cause. My aunt had it all over her body really bad - it looked really raw - and that was all down to stress. It did clear up and she hasn't had any problems for over 2 years now. Fingers crossed that yours clears up soon.:hug:

My ex had psoriasis, it used to flare up bad at certain times if he was stressed at work or whatever, it never really got to his face fortunately for him, and was worse on his arms and legs especially elbows. Aww hun, hopefully it will go soon and hoping it is just from you being stressed out from everything recently :hug: xx

Hi there,

Can't be fun hun,xox, Stress does funny things to the body/mind - Try to relax- eat well - & get well soon.

XX J XX

I'm so sorry to hear this news, really I am. I have a close family member who has had psoriasis for more than 10 years now and I have seen and felt how much it has affected him. It comes, it goes, it comes again ... don't bottle up your stress ... release it somehow ... it must help. BIG :hug:

I have had scalp psoriasis for about 9 months doctor said same down to stress but it happened around the same time as i got a free sample of a very well known brand of haircare :irked: and the only thing that keeps it in check is a lotion from doctors, if i stop using it comes back :cry:

The only thing i can reccomend is aromatherapy, I had a case study client at college with psoriasis and over three treatments there was a big improvement. Hope it clears up soon :hug:

Hi Hun
I know all about this as I have suffered from it for years. I have it on my legs and in my scalp - in fact bad case of dandruff comes to mind when i have dark clothes on and alot of explaining to people. The only thing i find works is my steriod creams and going in the sun or the sunbeds-which i hate. My Mum also suffered bad when my sister said she was getting married. Ended up at the hospital a few times a week going on their light treatment beds and now she seems to have it under control at the mo.

At the end of 2004 I had terrible Psoriasis on my hands and legs. My hands got to the point where they were so raw that I couldn't touch anything. I wore cotton gloves all the time. It looked awful and my self-esteem took a bashing. I still get it on one index and middle finger, If anyone notices I tell them what it is, and ask if they've heard of it. If they haven't I explain that it's a genetic condition that means those areas of skin don't know when to stop replacing themselves, so they just keep on doing it. I say it may look unattractive but it isn't contagious.
Stress is a major factor. Unfortunately, once you have psoriasis, you always have it... but it can heal up and lie in wait to come back.

Things that work:
There's a herbal extract called Neem that my dad and I both use, it works wonders. You can get it as a soap, shampoo, lotion and just as a bottle extract. Get the bottled extract, mix it in with sorbelene and apply it as much as possible. http://www.theneemteam.co.uk/
Sun is great believe it or not. I lay out in the sun for half an hour a day twice to three times a week (yes, I know it is *bad* for you, but it's great for psoriasis). The UV rays promote the psoriasis healing somehow... even a sunbed would work.
Swimming in the sea apparently helps, I've heard this a lot. I live five minutes from the beach, but I never tried it... I was just too self-conscious.
Best of luck honeypie. It's a horrible thing, but it does heal. I'm not surprised with the amount of stress you are under opening your own salon that it's chosen now to come along. Get out there in the sun! It helps like you wouldn't believe. Feel free to PM me if I can help.
It will go away, try the Neem - it worked for me where the creams and lotions from the dr didn't.
:hug:

hunny sorry to hear about this.

I sure its worse at the moment with all the stress your going through with the salon etc.

hope you manage to get it under control:hug:

amb xxxxxxxxx

I get it in my scalp and my hands, not always at the same time, usually because I am stressed and my hands react to things most of the time, not nail related products though, weird that.

:hug: :hug: :hug: To you hun, and as Gigi says, let the stress out somehow, works for me. :hug:

awwww hun sorry to hear about this hun i get ezczma alot on my arms chest in my hair and now its coming on my face, i really hate it gets me down sometimes have been using a cream called diprobase which was working but now its not so am waiting to see my doctor too get a new cream, just wanted to send u lots of :hug: :hug: xxx

Latest posts

Back